“Excellent two night stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 3 NIGHTS GET 12% OFF
Ranked #354 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent two night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I could not fault the facilities or the staff. The room was a very good four star standard and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly.
I arrive at lunch time on my first day and check in was no problem as I was given a room immediately.
There were plenty of staff who who all very eager to offer help and assistance. The room was quiet, clean and a very good standard.
The full English breakfast included in my deal was good quality and well presented and on both mornings the staff were again pleasant and helpful.
All in all a very refreshing change from some London hotels I have used.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By giving us your feed back , it motivates our staff . Please write to me when your plan your trip to London, I will be happy to assist you. You can write to me on - housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. Look forward to have you back.
Yours Sincerely,
Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights. The standard was high, the facilities great. I was particularly impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Nothing was too much trouble and it was dealt with promptly. I would definitely recommend it.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

Hot Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel was very convenient to the Underground train. The rooms were small and very clean. The breakfast was very good with a continential and a hot bar. Free wi-fi. We were booked into another hotel but when we got there, there were no rooms for us, thank goodness. They moved us to the park grand which was a step up. The bathroom had ample room to bath and get dressed. The bedroom had a queen bed a desk, chair and closet. Iron, ironing board and hair dryer were furnished. No clock in the room. Good lighting.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange better room.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our Breakfast
We hope to see you again very soon.
Nice, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Finding value-for-money hotel in London is not an easy task; London hotels are expensive, often very busy and suffer from generally low standards. This hotel, like others in the Shaftsbury group of hotels, has its faults and your experience will depend on the room allocated and the staff on-the-day. This was my first stay at this particular hotel but I have stayed in at least 6 others in London from the same group and have a silver-level membership as a result; this may positively colour the service I received on this occasion, and others (I hope so!). The main attraction of this and its sister hotels (all share essentially the same room-size (small), decor, furnishings, service-levels etc though a few are a bit more deluxe than the rest. I would return to this and other Shaftsbury hotels because they are recently converted (less than 2+ years?) and therefore fresher, cleaner and more modern than many equivalents at the same price. Rack rates are ridiculous and this hotel is only value-for-money for me when its available below £100 per night.

Room Tip: If you want a standard room size then you will need to go for the top-tier rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
Our bedrooms are much bigger than average London room For obvious reasons I cannot comment on rates but I can ensure you to find good deal for your future stay.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to decor. I request you to please write to me before you next visit and I will make sure we look after you well. You can write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
We hope to see you again very soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in January and I would recommend it to anyone! It is beautifully clean, shower pressure is good, bed is comfy and is equppied with all amenties. I had injured my foot prior to my stay and the receptionist very helpfully made sure I had a ground floor room. The staff were extremley polite and nothing was too much trouble for them. The location is ideal as I had a number of meetings around the Paddington area and taxis are easily available outside the hotel. I have no reservations whatsoever about recommending this hotel and they have some amazing deals on at the moment. Thank you to all for a lovely stay.

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observations
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night - overall experience with the hotel was very good, Staff were helpful although they werent really needed too much. The room was small but very clean. 2 concerns with the room were - the windows had a draft blowing through it which was making the room quite chilly and as it was snowing and minus temperatures outside was a bit of a pain. The other one was it was next to the lift which was noisy and a big gap under the door. Not a major problem though.

Free parking at the hotel which as a major bonus, we parked directly outside the main door. This was ideal as most places in London either charge silly amounts for parking or have to park in a public car park away from the hotel

The hotel is well within walking distance from Paddington Tube station which gives us access to all of the city.

Well recommended and the price of £59 for the night was a steal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely comments on staff as well as service provided to you here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.
As you mentioned about the lift noise, I request you to please email me directly and I will make sure we allocate room away from lift on your future booking . We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here in mid-January for a near unbelievable rate of £60 per night. The hotel is located 5 mins from Paddington and also has lots of bus connections. Very modern room with a good desk, huge flatscreen TV, compact bathroom, spotlessly clean and free WiFi throughout. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. Will definitely stay here again - the January rate was almost unbelievable value.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.