“Value for money?” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #349 of 1,075 hotels in London
Nice, France
“Value for money?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Finding value-for-money hotel in London is not an easy task; London hotels are expensive, often very busy and suffer from generally low standards. This hotel, like others in the Shaftsbury group of hotels, has its faults and your experience will depend on the room allocated and the staff on-the-day. This was my first stay at this particular hotel but I have stayed in at least 6 others in London from the same group and have a silver-level membership as a result; this may positively colour the service I received on this occasion, and others (I hope so!). The main attraction of this and its sister hotels (all share essentially the same room-size (small), decor, furnishings, service-levels etc though a few are a bit more deluxe than the rest. I would return to this and other Shaftsbury hotels because they are recently converted (less than 2+ years?) and therefore fresher, cleaner and more modern than many equivalents at the same price. Rack rates are ridiculous and this hotel is only value-for-money for me when its available below £100 per night.

Room Tip: If you want a standard room size then you will need to go for the top-tier rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
Our bedrooms are much bigger than average London room For obvious reasons I cannot comment on rates but I can ensure you to find good deal for your future stay.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to decor. I request you to please write to me before you next visit and I will make sure we look after you well. You can write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
We hope to see you again very soon.

707 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights in January and I would recommend it to anyone! It is beautifully clean, shower pressure is good, bed is comfy and is equppied with all amenties. I had injured my foot prior to my stay and the receptionist very helpfully made sure I had a ground floor room. The staff were extremley polite and nothing was too much trouble for them. The location is ideal as I had a number of meetings around the Paddington area and taxis are easily available outside the hotel. I have no reservations whatsoever about recommending this hotel and they have some amazing deals on at the moment. Thank you to all for a lovely stay.

Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observations
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Llanelli, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night - overall experience with the hotel was very good, Staff were helpful although they werent really needed too much. The room was small but very clean. 2 concerns with the room were - the windows had a draft blowing through it which was making the room quite chilly and as it was snowing and minus temperatures outside was a bit of a pain. The other one was it was next to the lift which was noisy and a big gap under the door. Not a major problem though.

Free parking at the hotel which as a major bonus, we parked directly outside the main door. This was ideal as most places in London either charge silly amounts for parking or have to park in a public car park away from the hotel

The hotel is well within walking distance from Paddington Tube station which gives us access to all of the city.

Well recommended and the price of £59 for the night was a steal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for the lovely comments on staff as well as service provided to you here at Park Grand London Hyde Park.
As you mentioned about the lift noise, I request you to please email me directly and I will make sure we allocate room away from lift on your future booking . We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here in mid-January for a near unbelievable rate of £60 per night. The hotel is located 5 mins from Paddington and also has lots of bus connections. Very modern room with a good desk, huge flatscreen TV, compact bathroom, spotlessly clean and free WiFi throughout. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. Will definitely stay here again - the January rate was almost unbelievable value.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

Guildford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

i would happily recommend this hotel as me and my partner stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and i actually plan on staying in the near future. the staff were warming, polite and friendly and even more so the location of the hotel was convenient as during our stay we visited winter wonderland and visited westfields for a days shopping.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time to write a comment with regards to your stay with us.
It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests. I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members.
We hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in the near future.

Gurdeep
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

If you have been reading all of the other reviews you might have mixed feelings about this venue because some reviews are good and some of them not so good. However, if you do your homework the right way I'm pretty sure you will enjoy your experience at this venue. The location was very central and very convenient for transportation to any location in London and the suburbs. The neighborhood seems very safe and close by you can find restaurants, souvenir shops, etc.
The staff was attentive, polite and helpful. I stayed for one night on a room with two double beds queen size and then a week later in a room with one double bed queen size. Even though you might think the size of the room is small, this is the normal size for London. The room was very clean and organized. I didn't get a chance to eat in the hotel restaurant.
Some of the comments in other reviews was about being moved to another hotel due to overbooking or hotel repairs. Even though the reservation said you didn't have to contact them before arrival, I did call the hotel to ensure they had my reservation and didn't have any problems at all. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family planning to visit the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay the Park Grand London Hyde Park.Many thanks for taking the time to share your experiences about your stay. It's fantastic to hear such great feedback from our guests, which I will share with the team.

Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you again at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Miriam
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

After trying a few other hotels in the Paddington Area and having some bad experience, I can really recommend this hotel.

- The hotel is nice, clean, the staff are very helpful, big flat screen tv in each room, WiFi is free and easy to connect to.

- A few other reviews have critised the room size but at the end of the day you get what you pay for; the single rooms are cheapest and smallest, standard double room has enough space to get around the bed and a seperate bathroom, premier double is much bigger and the club rooms are huge.

- If you are a member you get a free upgrade(if available), free fruit and water.

- Breakfast has everything you would want and the coffee is fresh.

- My only minor critism is the website can be quite difficult as all the hotels have similar names and the names don't always match up to what they are actually called.

Room Tip: Go for better double room you get more space and it is only a couple of quid more. Make sure you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, January 15, 2013

Gurdeep Singh

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!