“Never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #347 of 1,073 hotels in London
Epsom Downs
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Husband booked this hotel for my 40th as a surprise. What a surprise it was they supposedly had maintenance issues (read previously in reviews) so we couldn't stay in hotel had to go Shaftesbury hotel down the road. Our complaint and unhappiness fell on deaf ears mainly due to inexperience and not understanding us. Was rushed to other hotel which didn't look like one at all, no apology given, no upgrade offered. The basement box room we were given had the fire exit stairs right outside window with workmen going up and down, shouting due to blocked drains and also having a good look in our room! Now when I say box room I mean the room was built around the bed literally, whoever was by the wall side would have to climb right over to get out and you couldn't pass by each other as not enough room. Very close to tears at this point my husband went back upstairs to complain on the deaf ears and was told he would be shown around another room, but was just handed the keys and had to find it himself. This room was slightly bigger and you could walking sideways get around the bed, so this one we had.
I was very disappointed in the service we received or not as the case may be and my husband was disappointed as he had the park grand booked for a month before my birthday and we didn't stay there or had any correspondence to say that there was maintenance work going on. So I feel that they took my husbands money under false pretences because if we had wanted to stay at the Shaftesbury we would have booked it.
Absolutely disgusting service from such a big chain of hotels!

• Stayed November 2012
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Park Grand London Hyde Park for your recent visit to London.

We consider the guest feedback of paramount importance whether good or bad. I would like to apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com as per your earliest convenience so we can talk discuss this further.

Once again, kindly accept our sincere apologies & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Thank you very much.

773 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Widnes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Regularly visit London on a weekly basis so a good hotel with friendly staff, warm comfy room and bed, modern facilities and a hearty cooked breakfast always are a winning formula. Well you have all of this at this hotel. It's nice to have a full sized bath in these hotels and a large flat screen wall mounted, all the furnishings are modern and the rooms are clean. Will be making this my regular hotel moving forwards.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your lovely comments about our premises & our fabulous staff.

We hope you will be back soon and for assistance in booking your future stay please write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

stayed here for a two night break and was constantly kept awake from noisy water pumps and smoke alarms at five in the morning by other residents in the hotel after being moved to the top floor we were yet again woken the nexted day by another smoke alarm going off at five sort the
place out its just too noisy

rooms were lovely and breakfast was great cant fault that services were good rooms really clean
but I cant just get my head around the place being so noisy I would only recommend anyone staying here if you have no one above top floor I personally feel I would never stay here again

Room Tip: top floor only watch out for broken irons
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent booking with us here at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us you feed back especially room being noisy, it gives us an opportunity to improve. I request you to give us another opening to serve and change your opinion about us.
Please write to me when your plan your trip to London, I will be happy to assist you. You can write to me on - housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. Look forward to have you back.
Overland Park, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here solo in September. I was moved here from the Best Western because of issues at the hotel. They gave me free breakfast because of my move which was nice but I wouldn't have paid for it. A good variety of items but too expensive for breakfast. I had one of the rooms in the basement that had a window that lit the room lightly from the window. The room itself was very modern and recently remodeled. I thought the size of the room was decent for London standards. Much nicer than another Hotel I stayed at in London and cheaper too. Also great location only 5 minutes from the tube.
The only downside to this hotel was the wall being a little thin so at times it could be noisy in the hallways and other bedrooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.
Our bedrooms are much bigger than average London room and thank you for comment about the same.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our staff. I request you to please write to me before you next visit and I will make sure we look after you well. You can write to me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
We hope to see you again very soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed here in November, very happy with it - stylish hotel, decent size room and v nice bathroom, comfortable, reliable & free WiFi, helpful staff, great location between Paddington and Hyde Park and some nice restaurants / useful shops nearby - very good value, would definitely recommend among some of the dodgier stays I've had in this area!

Dear Guest,

In regards to Broadband, We have updated our broadband speed again and I am sure on you next visit you will definitely enjoy the difference.
Thank you for considering staying with us in future. It would be highly appreciated if you could contact me on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com once you book the room.
Once again, thank you for your response & we look forward to welcoming you back at the Park Grand London Hyde Park.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

14.11 Late check in with confirmed booking. No room free. Eventuall get given a room and enter it to find someone else in there. Then end up in basement small room. The evacuated room at 1:15am with fire alarm. No answer from reception and then told 'lady had hair dryer on 1;15am in the morning?.
Noisy, rude, dis-organised. - go somewhere else!

Room Tip: FInd another hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Nigel,
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us you feed back, it gives us an opportunity to improve.
I would like to let you inform that we offered you to move you room. However, we couldn't move you to another room because luggage was unpacked.
Portrush, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is in a perfect location for a stay in London. Quietish location for London but close to tube local shops and great pubs. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are small but very clean and are all you need for a stay in the capital. The breakfasts are excellent. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
As mentioned, our rooms are indeed different in sizes. I would like to request you to give us an opportunity to arrange bigger room for you.
We ensure every guest has a relaxing visit and thank you for your observation in regards to our Breakfast
We hope to see you again very soon.
Gourav Gupta

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!