“Lost property” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Paddington / Maida Vale)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
STAY 3 NIGHTS GET 12% OFF
Ranked #341 of 1,053 Hotels in London
Bedlington, England, United Kingdom
“Lost property”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Did not feel very welcomed when we arrived at the hotel just booked us in and staff could hardly raise a smile tiny rooms for the price that we paid £229 for a double room for one night however I had left 3 items of clothing in the wardrobe( jeans T shirt and a jacket) contacted the hotel when i arrived home that night stated that they would check with house keeping they did this on several occasions each time I phoned them and the clothes were know where to be found ! would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank for your review. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused to you on your visit to Park Grand London Hyde Park.
As mentioned, I would like to re investigate about you lost & found.
I request you to please write to me about the description and other relevant details to investigate thoroughly on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com

Kind regards
Gourav Gupta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Ljubljana, Slovenia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

we went to this hotel only for one nite. it was very easy to find, it looked nice. we came around four in the afternoon, booked a club double room, but didn't get it. ok, no biggy. the room was very small, didn't have a fridge, a bathrobe, a microwave, like we were promised to get. we fell a sleep in te aftrnoon and some woman came into our room. so she appologised of course but I called the reception and they messed up the rooms. they gave us that woman's room and only god knows what happened to ours. we had a great view on the 7th florr didn't mind the stairs from 6th to 7th. we got complimentary water (that was included in the price but wasn't in the room originally!!!), a couple of coke and some fuit. We would rather have our room, though. the staff was nice, the room was clean, but as i said very small, brakfast was pretty good i must say. not sure if I would go there again. the location was awesome! Not bad but not great either....

Room Tip: not sure about the tip, we wanted our club double but the staff said they are full....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
HPPLondon, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank you not only choosing to stay in Shaftesbury Premier Hyde Park Paddington, but also for your precious time giving your feedback. I am Sorry that your stay was not to your satisfaction and that we could not come up to your expectations.

As we cannot turn back the time and rectify the inconvenience caused, if you could please give our customer service the second chance to serve you and restore your faith in shaftesbury group of hotels.

Once again, thank you for your review and I hope your experience does not prevent you from visiting us in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Walsall
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I booked a room at the Hyde Park international to be close to my friend's hotel. Two days before I left I found myself moved to the Park Grand due to maintenance. I had paid £129 per night and found myself in a tiny cramped basement room with only a free breakfast to mollify me for the disappointment I felt. I had to find my way around a completely unfamiliar area of London to meet my friend the following morning. The walls of the rooms were very thin and I was woken up everytime someone decided to shower or use their facilities in the night.

On the last morning of my stay I found myself idley googling so I didn't get caught out again by paying through the nose for absolute rubbish. I checked the room prices of the hotel I was at only to find they were on average about £30 cheaper than the hotel I had been moved from. I am absolutely livid that I had, on good faith, paid up front at the hyde park international only to find myself in a room that didn't meet the original specifcations I had booked in and NO ONE, not one member of staff, had the courtesy or honesty to tell me this. I had to find out myself and then complain to management before anything was done.

The manager tried to claim that the rooms at the hyde park international were cheaper than this hotel and that room rates vary but when I responded I had checked the weekend prices and STILL found myself having paid too much she agreed to give me 20% off my bill. I feel only slightly less annoyed now as a result of them having paid me some of my wasted money back but I was left feeling like the hotel was run dishonestly. It was a big stain on what had been a much planned for and anticipated birthday holiday. Please DO NOT book in with these hotels and if you are unfortunate enough to have done so already DO NOT swallow them moving your room without investigating the prices yourself because they won't tell you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valued comments about your recent stay with us and please accept apology for the inconvenience caused due to transfer.
I kindly request you to contact us on housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com to discuss this incident thoroughly.
Best regards
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I made a reservation here last minute through booking.com and was dreading it due to other travelers reviews about being moved to the other location. However, we checked in early afternoon and were given a room right off the lobby. It was very small, but it was clean. The location is unbeatable, a short walk to Hyde Park, Oxford Street, the Underground, and Paddington Train Station. It was a good price for the location, and I would probably stay here again for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay in Shaftesbury Premier Hyde Park Paddington.

Thank you again for your encouraging review - we very much look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

booked via lastminute.com's 'Top Secrect Hotels' option so was expecting much better than a room on the 7th floor.....when lift ends at 6th floor....and having to carry bags up steep narrow staircase to stuffy room in what once must have been an attic/roof space; bedside lights wouldn't turn off so had to remove room key from card reader to sleep in airless room as that meant the air-con couldn't be used and woke to find no cold water properly piped to the bathroom so shower and WC were not properly available.....wasted hour and a half dodging in and out when some cold came through intermintently....reception indicated we would have to wait til 9am for maintainace to arrive ....we calleed at 7.30, will never stay there again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your valued comments about your recent stay with us and please accept apology for the inconvenience caused.
Best regards
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Had to book this hotel at the last minute for just one night. We were originally booked for a double room at the hotel at 55 Shaftsbury, but after checking in were sent here, where we received a basement level room instead. The room was a little small, but was very modern and clean, with a good sized bathroom. I wish we weren't in the basement level, but I guess that was all that was left, booking last minute.

For the price we paid, I think this hotel was pretty good, and would be worth coming back to again. It is also very close to Paddington Station, so getting there was easy as well.

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Alex,

Thank you so much for your review and i am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Morecambe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

Nice and clean with tasteful decor. Nice big TV.This was the fifth time i'd visited London for business purposes(course) and was the best i'd stayed in for this price range (£79). I had booked a single and got a twin room which is always nice for the extra space. Breakfast was apayable extra (£12 if pre-booked) and was the usual range of continental and cooked in avery pleasant dining room.Complimentart toiletries and tea/coffee facilities. Bar snacks were available but only offered room service ordering out of bar opening times closing and as travelling alone I would have prefered to order from room.Reception staff nice and friendly. . I requested a room witha view ( write up says available upion request) prior to arrival and did get it.I t was only an overnight stay so didn't really get to experience hotel further but overall it was a nice and uncomplicated comfortable stay.Great location for Paddington Tube station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Christine,

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the facilities in Shaftesbury Premier Hyde Park.

Please make sure when you come back to us you continue to make the most of it and totally enjoy your time at the hotel.

With warmest regards and best wishes.