“NOT A FOUR STAR” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Grand London Hyde Park

Save Saved
You added Park Grand London Hyde Park to your Saves list
Park Grand London Hyde Park
4.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   78-82 Westbourne Terrace | Paddington, London W2 6QA, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #350 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“NOT A FOUR STAR”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

we were very disapointed we arrived at hotel,were asked for payment straight away,wanted to have lunch in the hotel,dont serve lunch
we booked a deluxe room,with a fridge.there was no fridge,no radio or clock,no phone,the window had a generator outside and a dirty brick wall,we wated to book a meal in the restaraunt, they said was open till eleven,they only served snacks,so has to go out for a mealy there was no lounge.to sit and have a drink,this hotel is not what it says on the website,spoilt what was planned as a surprise weekend.

Room Tip: dont book this hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Gourav G, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, June 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at Park Grand London Hyde Park.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 0207262 4521.

Gurdeep Singh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I am a frequent traveller and this was a very good experience got a early check in without any hassle, internet free which all hotels in london normally charge, breakfast good and excellent location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
HPPLondon, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, June 17, 2012
Dear Dajib,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay in Shaftesbury Premier Hyde Park Paddington.

Thank you again for your encouraging review - we very much look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Swapnil Waghe
Manager.
E Mail- housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great Location, centrally located, good restaurants near by. It was my wife's birthday got a upgrade with a bottle of wine. A good memory that we will always cherish.

Room Tip: Higher floors are good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
HPPLondon, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Andrew,

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the good comments on upgrade.

Please make sure when you come back to us you continue to make the most of it and totally enjoy your stay at the hotel.

With warmest regards and best wishes.

Kind Regards,

Swapnil Waghe
Manager.
E Mail- housemanager.hydepark@shaftesburyhotels.com
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I recently stayed at the Park Grand London Hyde Park and found it very clean, very good value for money, the staff friendly and informative and, not being too far from Paddington Station, a good central location for getting around London. I will definately book this hotel on my next trip to London.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Gurdeep Singh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Tiny rooms, poor service. What is there to say. Definitely a high priced closet hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Hyde Park, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies once again and I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me on nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com, in details for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

regards,
Nitish Bhatt
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

this hotel is nothing like the website and could not have been further from a 4* hotel - we booked on lastminute.com and were thus not treated with the correct respect. We were put in a small room in the basement that was just big enough for a double bed and a desk. There was a layer of dust thick enough to wipe my finger through on all the surfaces and coffee mug stains on the furniture. The windows were dirty and you could not sit at the desk properly as it was wedged up against the wardrobe. They did put us in a bigger room on the 6th floor but the furniture was still stained and the windows were broken. I traveled from Manchester for my birthday and was so disappointed I cried. Imagine if I had traveled further a-field than this. Over priced and incredibly shabby. There will be a million better hotels than this.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

London, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Checking in at 4pm in a foyer full of other visitors all waiting for rooms because " the system was down". Some went out and left their baggage, others just became increasingly annoyed of not having a room after a long journey. We asked if there was a bar where perhaps we could wait with a coffee and was told that it didn't open until 6pm. The receptionist was annoyed that we were not happy! The room had been described as deluxe but it had a desk/table covered in white cup marks, we had to make several trips to reception to sort out lighting, wi-fi etc. Our room was cramped and you hear a lot of noise from the hallway and other rooms. The shower was the most worrying as it took a long time to go from hot to cold and then becam too hot and when you adjusted the controls to change to cooler, it went to very cold and then immediately to scalding. I was lucky that I moved out of the way very quickly otherwise I would have been very seriously burnt. The room was clean and overall the staff helpful but this is not a 4 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Been to Park Grand London Hyde Park? Share your experiences!