“When in London, bed down at the Z(ed)!” 4 of 5 stars

5 Lower Belgrave Street, London SW1W 0NR, England (Belgravia)   |
Ranked #302 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Scituate, Massachusetts, United States
“When in London, bed down at the Z(ed)!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by the Z Hotel Victoria. Not only was it in a good location (near Victoria Station), the staff was friendly and accommodating, the beds were quite comfortable and the room, although small, had an efficient set up.
Breakfast in the morning was not included. There was a full array of pastries, cheese, ham, bread, yogurt, berries, juice and coffee. Lattes and cappuccinos were extra. It's served in the lobby. And don't be surprised if a traveler is being checked out by the guy that just made your latte. The bar serves as a barista station, a bar and the registration desk!
We wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Z on our next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 2 night in London and were thoroughly impressed with this hotel. Although the rooms are small, they're styled modernly and acted as a perfect home base for us. It is within walking distance to virtually everything - Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, River Thames, Big Ben, Westminster Palace...etc. It's also right near the metro station. Another bonus: free wine and cheese from 5:00-8:00 every day!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My colleague and I used this hotel for a two day business trip. We both had a double room each in the basement with no windows. I wasn't sure about the windowless room when we booked, but it was actually very nice. Extremely clean and modern, very comfortable bed/bedding and surprisingly quiet. The room was very compact and I can't imagine sharing the space with a partner although it would be fine for a one-two night stay. Friendly, helpful staff and a good selection of pubs/restaurants not far away. I'd be happy to stay here as a lone traveller, it's in a lovely area very close to Victoria Station and easily accessible for getting around.

Room Tip: Basement rooms (no windows) good for the summer when you don't want too much light. You do hear...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and found the staff friendly and helpful. The location is ideal, just a few steps from Victoria station and the underground system. The room we got was small but functional and the air conditioner made the temperature nice and cool inside the room. A bit noisy though... We didn't pay an extra 12£ for the breakfast, you better save your money and buy cheaper breakfast at a café nearby (there are plenty)

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My friend and I booked two rooms at this hotel for our partners and ourselves. We were having a weekend break and due to this hotel being so close to the theatre and train station, it was in the perfect location. It was very quiet despite being in Central London and the view from the room was stunning! The rooms themselves were well laid out, a tad small but it didn't cause any problems and I've seen smaller rooms in London! I am booking here again very soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was traveling on my own in London and stayed here for 4 nights. This hotel is in an ideal location. You couldn't find a more central place to be in London. I either hopped on the train at Victoria Station which was literally across the street, or I simply walked everywhere from there. I stayed on the 8th floor with queen bed and a window and it was very quiet. I can't imagine staying with 2 people in that room though. No privacy and frankly no space. There is no closet but rather a hanger rack on the wall, which was totally fine for me. It is extremely small but perfect for one person who doesn't need a lot of space to spread out. It's as if Ikea gave birth to a hotel. It's simple, efficient, modern and clean. You won't want to spend a ton of time there(and frankly, why would you! You're in London!) Nice people at the front desk, young and chatty to each other which kinda made me feel like I was checking into a hostel, but it was fine. They have decent continental breakfast at an extra cost. You could just as easily walk across the street and grab the same stuff at the train station. Wifi and long tables to spread out and plan your day was really nice. Overall, I would absolutely stay there again for that price and location.

Room Tip: I only read about the rooms with no windows and train noise. I stayed on the 8th floor queen bed whi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night and it was in a great location for us as we got the bus from Scotland and the coach station was just 5 mins round the corner. The hotel is just across the road from the Victoria station and underground which is great for getting around London. We booked a room with no window as it was a little cheaper, our room was just off the reception and was just what we needed for a nights sleep after a concert at Wembley. As there is no window the room has air conditioning which was great, the bed was very comfy and great having a big tv at the bottom on the wall.

The staff were very friendly and helped us with directions out to wembley. They offer free cheese and wine at 5pm but unfortunately we weren't about for that. After check out we were able to leave our bags so we could go around London for the day until our bus home later that day.

We would definitely stay here again when we return to London.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to The Z Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!