“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

5 Lower Belgrave Street, London SW1W 0NR, England   |
Ranked #294 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and found the staff friendly and helpful. The location is ideal, just a few steps from Victoria station and the underground system. The room we got was small but functional and the air conditioner made the temperature nice and cool inside the room. A bit noisy though... We didn't pay an extra 12£ for the breakfast, you better save your money and buy cheaper breakfast at a café nearby (there are plenty)

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My friend and I booked two rooms at this hotel for our partners and ourselves. We were having a weekend break and due to this hotel being so close to the theatre and train station, it was in the perfect location. It was very quiet despite being in Central London and the view from the room was stunning! The rooms themselves were well laid out, a tad small but it didn't cause any problems and I've seen smaller rooms in London! I am booking here again very soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I was traveling on my own in London and stayed here for 4 nights. This hotel is in an ideal location. You couldn't find a more central place to be in London. I either hopped on the train at Victoria Station which was literally across the street, or I simply walked everywhere from there. I stayed on the 8th floor with queen bed and a window and it was very quiet. I can't imagine staying with 2 people in that room though. No privacy and frankly no space. There is no closet but rather a hanger rack on the wall, which was totally fine for me. It is extremely small but perfect for one person who doesn't need a lot of space to spread out. It's as if Ikea gave birth to a hotel. It's simple, efficient, modern and clean. You won't want to spend a ton of time there(and frankly, why would you! You're in London!) Nice people at the front desk, young and chatty to each other which kinda made me feel like I was checking into a hostel, but it was fine. They have decent continental breakfast at an extra cost. You could just as easily walk across the street and grab the same stuff at the train station. Wifi and long tables to spread out and plan your day was really nice. Overall, I would absolutely stay there again for that price and location.

Room Tip: I only read about the rooms with no windows and train noise. I stayed on the 8th floor queen bed whi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night and it was in a great location for us as we got the bus from Scotland and the coach station was just 5 mins round the corner. The hotel is just across the road from the Victoria station and underground which is great for getting around London. We booked a room with no window as it was a little cheaper, our room was just off the reception and was just what we needed for a nights sleep after a concert at Wembley. As there is no window the room has air conditioning which was great, the bed was very comfy and great having a big tv at the bottom on the wall.

The staff were very friendly and helped us with directions out to wembley. They offer free cheese and wine at 5pm but unfortunately we weren't about for that. After check out we were able to leave our bags so we could go around London for the day until our bus home later that day.

We would definitely stay here again when we return to London.

• Stayed July 2014
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We booked in for one night. The hotel is literally a couple of minutes walk from Victoria Station and as such it is great for exploring London. For such a brilliantly positioned hotel we felt the price was good. We were aware we had booked a room with no window, so this was no surprise! The room really was tiny, the maximum width just enough for the bed length. That said, the room was immaculate and was equipped with everything we needed.

In addition, the staff were very friendly and between 5pm and 8pm they put on a buffet of delicious breads, cheeses and chutneys with a glass of wine! Perfect for us who arrived to go for a concert and not enough time for a big meal beforehand.

Overall a very good experience and we would definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I love this hotel... It's so simple and the rooms have everything you need. Firstly, contrary to other reviews, when booking online it clearly shows 'room details' which when you click on will show, depending on which room you choose whether there is a window or not!!! When i booked this room for me and my daughter, i chose the cheapest room available at the time (we were only sleeping there so didn't need a bigger more luxurious room) and the room we chose was a Z Inside Queen. There is no window but there is air conditioning. We didn't feel claustrophobic and my daughter loved the fact no light came into the room!! You walk into the room, the toilet/shower is immediately on your left, there is a desk 3m in front of you, a large flat screen TV with all the sky channels on the right and opposite (next to the toilet/shower) the double bed. The bed was comfortable. The room was very cosy and clean. There are tea/coffee making facilities but what was brilliant was that there was a large bottle of complimentary water with 2 glasses in the room. It really grates me when you have to pay for water in a hotel room... There is free wifi - you just have to enter your details once and away you go. We've stayed in the Z hotel in Soho and now the Z Victoria and to be honest you get your money's worth, especially in London. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would stay in any of the Z hotels in London again ;-)

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Nice, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

And why wouldn't you point out the fact to guests on check-in? Small rooms in large cities are one thing, rooms without a view acceptable but no window at all? With a window the room I was in (211) was acceptable for a night as long as its only used for sleeping, but I wouldn't want to spend any other time in it. With no window one is left to rely on air con on a hot summer day and if you can stand the noise of that all night then you are a better traveller than I.At £70+ a night its not cheap and though London is always expensive you can probably match it elsewhere, though without the 'urbanite' look & feel they try to project. You won't get much in the way of service, you will hear a distant underground late and early anat least on the second floor) and you may not find it so easy as though its No5 its next to number 23 and has no visible sign from the pavement, just a plaque, so you'll see it when in fornt of it and not before!

Room Tip: Ask for a window on booking or take your own!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Z Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!