“Location, location, location” 5 of 5 stars

5 Lower Belgrave Street, London SW1W 0NR, England   |
Ranked #294 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Location, location, location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Food was always available, no matter the time of the day or night. The staff was extremely nice and professional. On arrival they informed us of all the facilities available to us for the duration of our stay, including free wine and cheese in the evenings!

The double room was very small but functional and tastefully decorated. I would not recommend for a new couples, privacy while using the facilities might be an issue as toilet/shower has glass walls.

The location is excellent, The Victoria underground station is right next to the hotel and Buckingham palace only a short walk away.

I could not recommend the hotel more for a couple staying for a long weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Polish first
Jerusalem, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is located 1 minute walk from the Victoria Train/Tube station and 5 minutes from the Victoria bus station. As shopping was my main interest, it was very easy once my hands were full or feet hurt, to catch the tube and from Oxford St station for instance I reached my hotel room after 20 minutes-rush hour. The hotel is located just 15 minutes walking distance from Buckingham Palace. My room was on the 6th floor. I specifically asked for a high up room to be far from the rumblings of the tube, but I could faintly hear them. Got used to that. The room was tiny, no window, (I knew that in advance and I hoped not to get claustrophobic-that didn't happen) and shower (very strong water pressure, a treat) was part of the room, partitioned off by glass. No cupboard, just hangers to hold up clothes. Suitcase was on the floor. Table too small to hold it. TV was parallel to length of bed, so either sprain your neck or lie on bed width-wise. No safe in room. Staff very friendly and helpful. Free wine and cheese from 5 pm- 8 pm. Good wine and a surprisingly good variety of cheese. Breakfast was not included and I, for my first morning, risked it but it was expensive (£9) and very poor, so I looked around and found the Green Cafe, 16 Eccleston rd, just around the corner. For £5 had the best, freshest traditional English breakfast at its best, tea included. Couldn't have asked for more.
Back to the hotel-there is a pub next door and you can get a generous Fish and Chips meal for £11. There are a number of good restaurants in the area and the Victoria Palace Theatre is 2 minutes walk. I paid £120 for the night. Quite steep, but remember the cliche-Location, Location, Location. Would I go back? I guess I would if I couldn't find anything better on the Web.

Room Tip: Get a room high up. If window is an important factor, you'll be paying a higher price.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
mid north coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I spent 2 nights here on arrival in London. Check in was smooth and friendly. The room was contemporary and extremely comfortable. Yes it is small but if you have researched this then you should not be surprised. I was staying alone so it was more than adequate for me. Absolutely spotless with great fluffy towels and crisp bed linen. Very conveniently positioned near Victoria Station. The complimentary happy hour is a real treat. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I paid for a window room, if you do feel claustrophobic I would suggest that you do that.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Guiseley- Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Arrived left bags and checked in later in day bags were safe. Room is compact but has everything. Spacious wet room, bed plasma tv and tea making facilities. We were pleasantly surprised. A great little hotel the staff were friendly and attentive. Just across the street from London Victoria a great find and highly recommended. One of the cleanest hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed here on a flying visit with my 11rd old son. Our first time and very enjoyable; the complimentary bacon rolls in the reception cafe were a big hit! Very friendly and attentive staff, room (which was definitely on the small side) was spotless and well equipped.

Stayed April 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very nice hotel, classy, comfortable, home from home.. will certainly visit again! Great location and the service was 5*. Free wifi and flat screen tv in the room with sky hooked up. Highly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I found this hotel looking on different websites. And after i tried it for the first time now It has become my go to hotel when I am in london.
Clean, modern, fantastic location, friendly staff and a cool complementary cheese and wine tasting every evening. Internet is free too, that for a 24/7 connected person like me is just perfect! The rooms are a little small but stylish and modern.. So for me literally great!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Z Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!