“was a waste of time” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“was a waste of time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We went here on a voucher gift, upon arrival the waiter moaned that we were on a voucher, we were not offered wine even though that was part of the voucher, was brought to a table and given menus but no information as to what we could and couldn't order.

Eventually we found out only through asking what was available and though a lot of the items were out of stock no alternatives were offered.

We waited ages for our food even though we were the only people in for the first 30 mins. The food was bland, the starter was cold the risotto was slightly warm and far too creamy, the diavolo pizza was not spicy in the slightest and there was very little extremely bland meat. To top it off we didn't get wine but we were charged for out water and tea. The worst still the heating wasn't on even though it was snowing outside. I would not recommend it at all.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“(Probably) Best italian restaurant in Uk. I am not friend of the owner. I am italian.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I am italian. And I've been to many italian restaurants in uk. 90% are fake and crap. 10% are below average in italy. Bella Naples is awesome! Pure, real. Homemade pizza base, desserts, bread and even mozzarella! Cooked to perfection. The owner goes twice a week at Billingsgate to get fresh mussels and claw fish. If you want glitters and fake italian don't go at Bella Naples. If you wanna eat like you can eat in a non touristic real place in italy go to Bella Naples! Maybe the service is not so fast. But, hey! They come from Naples! So chill out and relax Bella Naples

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Authentic Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This tiny restaurant is geared more for take away pizzas cooked in their wood burning oven, however it is so worthwhile taking a seat and enjoying the excellent services of Marcello. Delicious authentic dishes, my favourite was the mixed seafood - it tasted fresh with plenty of seafood - I started with mussels cooked in wine and cream - lovely and enjoyed a shared dessert of italian ice creams. Marcello knows his wines and the one he recommended was perfect with the food.
The only down side was that the restaurant was not warm and we kept out coats on and the plates should have warmed, but against the quality of the food, it was a minor distraction.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great small little restaurant, cosy, friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Food is great, best pizza in London and is on our door steps! Owners are always nice and remember us! service is friendly maybe not the fastest but who cares!!! .... I wish more restaurants were like this good value, great food and relaxed ! ..... Fyi We went with a 10 month baby, they had a high chair.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
london
“nothing too look at from the outside but go inside and you are in for a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

myself and three friends tried this out as they live in the area and had received a flier through the door. we almost didn't go in as it doesn't look much from the outside , but the owner was so welcoming we decided to stay. I'm a vegetarian and my three friends aren't - and the owner went out of his way to help us decide on what we wanted. I had pasta to die for - so fresh Ive had nothing like it outside of Italy , my friends had the pasta with clams and said the same thing. We have tried numerous dishes in subsequent visits and have told many friends about the place. Whilst its definitely a "family" restaurant , sometimes things arent available that are on the menu etc and for instance they had run out of house wine last time we went, I still give this restaurant five stars for the enthusiasm and passion of the owner/chef alone and the fact that the food is truly delicious. Its not swanky, its not cool, its just authentic and wonderful.

• Visited December 2012