Following a business meeting, I stayed with my wife and baby at Holiday Inn Stratford City for 3 nights (from Thursday till Sunday), which I had chosen due to the very good reviews in TA and the very competitive fare in expensive London.
It came to be a very pleasant surprise, as I was not aware of all the development that had been done in East London following the 2012 Olympics.
- The hotel has an interesting location (it is quite convenient if you are arriving through London City Airport, from where you can get to the hotel in 25 mins using the DLR).
- Well connected with main landmarks in London. You will definitely rely on the tube (Central and Jubilee subway lines intersect here), but you are just 20 mins away from the Tower of London.
- The big mall has an entrance just across the street, offering plenty of shopping and dining opportunities.
- Front-desk staff were very attentive and asked several times whether everything was alright. When I asked for a plug adapter, I got it right away and they just requested my room number. They also ensured to have a crib installed in our room upon arrival, even though we only let them know about our baby the day before.
- Finally, the hotel's management seems to care about Tripadvisor, as we were gently suggested to write a review (while I always write a review in TA, I think this is an intelligent move fron their side).
- It is a fairly long walk from the hotel's door to the subway/train platforms: it may take between 10 and 15 minutes, depending on whether you are carrying luggage and/or a stroller.
- The liquid-soap / shower gel dispensers in the barthroom were a bit disappointing. I was expecting to find proper soap and shampoo in a hotel of this category.
All taken into account, this hotel was a very good balance among location, price and overall quality. We will definitely consider it next time we sre in London, especially if we arrive through London City Airport.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Stratford City England
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Stratford City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.