“The Best Holiday Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - Stratford City

You added Holiday Inn London - Stratford City to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - Stratford City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10a Chestnut Plaza, Westfield Stratford City, London E2O 1GL, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #105 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Nottingham, UK
“The Best Holiday Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. Absolutely fantastic location for Westfield, the area outside of the hotel has so many nice restaurants and a lovely atmosphere. It is on the Chestnut plaza.
The hotel itself was lovely, the rooms were immaculate and finished to a very high standard. I didn't try the restaurant there as they weren't open when I wanted to eat, the menu though looked fantastic. I chose to eat at Jamie's Italian which is a few minutes walk away.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jenny W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear TanyaLouise11

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

Westfield, Europe's largest shopping centre, has indeed loads to offer with its various eateries and stores. It is a pity that you hadn't had the chance to eat in our restaurant which is open daily for dinner from 6-10pm but I am sure you will visit us again in the near future.

We are looking forward to have you staying again with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Polish first
Huddersfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have stayed in Holiday Inns all over the world and I can say without hesitation this really is one of the best. From the warm welcome on arrival to the assistance of the staff on our departure nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are very modern and clean with comfortable beds. The public areas are bright and airy and if the weather is favourable the stadium view balcony is a must. The hotel is perfectly located for the O2, and if shopping in London is too much, then step out of the holiday inn and into the new Westfield shopping centre. We would definitely use this hotel again as a base for visiting the sites of London, with excellent tube links right into the heart of the West End.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel (even numbers)have great views of the Olympic Park.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jenny W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear AndyRew_13

Thank you for our review. On the 3rd April I read your review out loud in our Hotel Meeting and all I could see was a smile on my colleagues face. Your comments motivate us to continue doing our best for every guest and reminds us all why we love working in hotels.

We are looking forward to see you again.
Chester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Last December I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Stratford. March 2013 I stayed at the Holiday Inn. For about an extra £10 a night the Holiday Inn is much nicer. There was an extra degree of comfort in the bar/lounge area. The only slight niggle was that the beer selection was not great, but good beers are available at the Wetherspoons (The Golden Grove) and The Langthorne on Braodway. There was a large selection for the breakfast buffet (better than HIEx), and a view of the Olympic park, rather than the main road out of the window. The hotel is so convenient for the Westfield shops, being amongst them…. Although for me it was not easy to find first time. The location is excellent for the trains – overground and underground.
I would happily rebook Holiday Inn Stratford again, and perhaps even consider it when visiting central London and accept the tube ride in and out along the Central or Hammersmith & City lines

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lisa S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Sir_Edmund,

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are indeed located in the middle of Europe's largest shopping centre which offers various places to keep one occupied whether its their 100s of shops, eateries or the cinema and casino. Having Stratford Tube and DLR station nearby enable you to get into the city centre within 15 minutes.

We hope to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Regards,

Lisa.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed here with work for 1 night with a group of friends. The hotel really suprised me. The hotel felt like home from home and the staff were very good. The rooms are clean and spacious. It is very easy to get to from London City Airport and also in the City of London. Will definitly stay here again if I was in this area of London.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jenny W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Hatchback

What a great review to read! Thank you very much for your compliments.

We pride ourselves with our excellent customer service and I am happy to hear the entire hotel staff looked after you and made you feel at home.
As home is always a place one likes to return, I am sure we will welcome you back in the near future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Late night walk in booking due to problems at another, local Holiday Inn.

Nice welcome and help checking in apart from 1 major element. They wanted to copy my driving licence - No way. I do not want to see it cloned!!!

Had left my toothpaste and brush at last hotel. Service card advises ' If you have forgotten anything - let us know, we will supply it - complimentary'. Great service me thinks - Rang for It, 'Have'nt got any sir' - NOT IMPRESSED. Thought I would try to relax with a bath - Water not hot, further unimpressed. Went to bed with dirty teeth and frustrated.

Got up next morning to find paper and toothbrush/toothpaste outside door. somebody had gone the extra mile!!!. Should I take it back - No!, I was not impressed at the time that mattered. I have provided full record though. Honest John

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jenny W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear BusyBusyJohn

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Please accept my apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay with us. I would like to assure you that this most certainly does not reflect our standard procedure as you can see from previous reviews and as a result, please rest assured with the knowledge that the relevant team are now addressing your concerns.
Feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss this matter further.

Kind regards,

Jenny Wieland
Front Office Manager
Holland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have stayed here for a few days in january 2013 to go on a small shoppingspree. The hotel s definately located perfectly for shopping at Westfield shopping centre. I must say i was plesantly surprised by the rooms and the staff and the restaurant (BEST coffee Latte i have ever had) ALL the staff was genuinly friendly. My compliments for that!

The rooms are spacious, the beds sleep wel, bathroom is comfortable, basically everything is excellent apart from the fact the windows do not open, and the airco stinks and made me ill. I begged them for a room with a window that would open and the option to turn the airco of. The first night I did not sleep at all. I was given another room, 612, wich had a window that opens. On every floor there seems to be only one room with windows that open to let some fresh air in. I slept a lot better but the damage was done already. I was ill and went home ill. Its really unbelievable you have so many things going for you as a hotel and then make such sick-making airco rooms. There are many many people who get ill from airconditioning. And there is NO excuse to not make a little opening for fresh air, it has notthing to do with safety either. I have seen the Double Tree Holton in Amsterdam, where EVERY room has a small long window that opens just enough to make the room filll with fresh air. With no risk at all.
So...basically the hotel is perfect for me as long as I can stay in a room with a window that opens at least a little bt. The airco is very hard to individually control and it smells very bad.

Room Tip: ask for a room with an opening window!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Jenny W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Sigrid66

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, however I am surprised that we did not manage to impress you.

It is the first time we have heard about this kind of incident you have experienced with the Airconditioning since our opening in May 2012. We certainly take this matter seriously and will investigate your concern further and hope you are getting better soon.
Godalming, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

New build Holiday Inn on edge of the London 2012 Olympic Park. Does not have it's own parking so park in the shopping centre car park (£5 for 24 hrs) and escalators and walk, not too far but a pain if you have loads of bags. Train links are good,Jubilee and Central Lines.

Rooms are as you would expect, modern and fresh but as with all Holiday Inns contain large volumes of printed materials, even to the extent that they put a message on the pillows to say which are firm and which are soft....I can tell that myself thanks. No message that the mattress is firm and topperless. No toilettries in the bathroom, apart from wall mounted hand/hair/body wash. You can request some if you wish.

Food is quite average. Service and helpfulness of the staff excellent and welcoming.
Best thing about this hotel is John Lewis is a hop skip and a jump away, next door is Mulberry, shopping could not be nearer. A nice decked terrace with London skyline views (best at night).

If you don't know London be aware that this is way out of the centre but it is what it is; a good clean modern hotel with good facilities in the middle of a new Westfield shopping centre.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jenny W, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sreep100

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at Holiday Inn London - Stratford City.

I am pleased to hear that you found the customer service and location to be excellent, and within easy walking distance to your transportation link and favourite shops, however I am surprised that we did not manage to impress you.

We proud ourselves to be one of the first New Generation Holiday Inns which are known for their modern layout and design. Our spacious rooms offer a home from home thanks to top-of-the-range beds, blackout curtains, individual air-conditioning, complementary Wi-Fi access and workstations and if you require any additional perks our Front Office team is available 24 hours.

I do hope that you give us a chance to make it right during your next future stay.

Been to Holiday Inn London - Stratford City? Share your experiences!