“Useful location and pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose

You added Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose to your Saves list
Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43 - 47 Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HH, England (Formerly All Seasons) (London Bridge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #328 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Useful location and pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I booked to stay here for a business stay as it was the cheapest I could find within proximity to my meeting location. I have not stayed in an Ibis before, but had not had great reviews of it and my colleagues did turn there nose up when I told them where I was staying. However upon arrival the reception was clean and funky. The lifts secure to the hotel rooms and the staff friendly and efficient. At this point I had no idea what to expect, but when I got to my room it was an average sized double room, nicely decorated and clean. The bathroom was massive with a great shower; it was almost a wet room, completely tiled. The bathroom was a bit tired the grout needed a good steam clean and the sink unit surround could do with an update, but I was staying for one night, it was clean enough and extremely spacious. I wasn't staying in, so it was purely a bed for the night and a good wake up shower in the morning. Incidentally my colleagues who were staying at a far grander location (I went there for dinner) said their rooms were rather poor and the Ibis looked better after all! Afraid I don't know what the food was like as I didn't use the facilities. The view from my room was great, looking directly at the Shard, and location wise the hotel is easy to get to and in easy walking distance of the tubes and London Bridge! It's probably a 3 star in my opinion

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear reviewer, Exceeding guests expectation has always been our motto and we feel so encouraged to receive such wonderful compliments about our product and services. Thank you so much for your feedback and I hope it will not be your last visit , and that we can be part of your future travel plans at the Ibis Styles Southwark Rose Hotel.
kind regards, Nawel Benrabah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

The hotel was better inside than out. Outside it looked a bit grubby, but once in it was nice. The room we had-a double, was spacious, warm comfy and most importantly clean. The shower was great. Breakfast was slightly disappointing, as we stayed at another Ibis recently, and it was fantastic. Other than this it was a pleasant stay. Handy for Borough Market, and the tube station. We would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear reviewer, Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay and that you have the hotel and your room comfortable and most importantly clean. I’ll look into the point your raised personally regarding breakfast, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to the Ibis Styles Southwark Rose very soon. Kind regards,
Nawel Benrabah.
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Nice Hotel, very good value for your money. Good staff, clean room, looks new.
walking distance to the City. Nice and quiet neighbourhood. Visit Borough Market.
Make your reservation online for best rate

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear reviewer, thank you for your nice comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Southwark Rose hotel and look forward to welcome you back.
Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah
Zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I just made a trip to London due to a training and needed a hotel that would be close to the training venue (London City District; around 1.5 Kilometers away). It is very well located and close to some attractions like the Tower of London, HMS Belfast and the Shakespeare's Globe. To walk around the area is very nice, and crossing the bridge gives you a beautiful sight.
About the hotel, the room was ok and enough for my needs. The staff was very friendly in the reception and I must say I had an outstanding service by Ms. Ada in the Bar/Restaurant, she was very helpful and friendly, she, along with her colleague of reception, helped me to sort out a problem I had with the power adapter.
I would say the good service is the highlight of the hotel along with the location. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer, We would like all to thank you at Ibis Southwark Rose hotel for your positive comments that you posted on Tripadvisor. Ada was delighted to know that her service and friendliness been highlighted and for this she is grateful. Many thanks again and all the team will look forward to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

In May, we travelled with our teenagers. The youngs were very happy to be autonomous: quite district of London with pubs, good breakfast, comfortable room with Internet to keep in touch with friends.
For adults peacefull holidays.
Christine from Paris

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Benrabah, General Manager at Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Christine, Many thanks for posting your comments. We appreciate all feedback very much and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Styles Southwark Rose hotel. Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Check in staff friendly and assisted us in any way possible.
Ibis lent us a UK electrical outlet adapter to use. They provided maps, info on attraction locatoins and other assistance on our many questions. Despite the staff being extremely helpful, their English speaking and comprehension skills are limited. This is strange, being the fact that the hotel is in London, England.

Some minor issues with room equipment were addressed quickly with minimal fuss.

The 24 hour bar supplies ice at request.
Wifi - brilliant. One password - login once. No constant logging in every tine to use the internet.

Buffet Contental Breakfast is complementary and has a small selection of cereals, cold meats, toast, pastries, yoghurt, fruits, fruit juices, tea and coffee. Certainly enough to get going for the day.
We requested a late checkout and paid for it, however Hotel managment were happy to extend this departure time (beyoind their cut off late check out time) to suit our late departing flight.

The Hotel centrally located in the new trendy area, Southwark suburb, and is a 10 minute walk between London Bridge and Southwark underground stations. Close to shops, supermarket, bank, fast foods, pubs and the Southwark Markets.

If arriving at Heathrow International Airport, go to the Underground Metro station ticket office and buy a "Oyster Card" for the London Metro. Its very simple to use and extremely convenient.

Catch the UNDERGROUND metro from the airport (45 minute ride) on the Piccadilly Line and change lines at Green Park underground metro (tube) station, to the Jubilee line. Then exit the train at London Bridge station. Exit the London Bridge station through the Borough High Street exit, and the hotel is an flat easy 10 minute walk. Go through the clearly sign posted Ibis car park and enter the hotel from the rear.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar in their outlook, however some rooms in the older wing, have a view of the &qu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer, I’m very grateful that you could take time to leave us your thoughts and write a review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Whilst we are a multi-national company that employs staff from a diverse range of backgrounds, it is a requirement that all front desk staff have a certain level of fluency in English, we will review the hotel recruitment policies to ensure this requirement is more closely met. Thank you agin for your feed back and we hope to see you again in the very near future. Kind regards, Nawel Benrabah
sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've toured Europe 6 weeks & choose to stay in all ibis Style where I could. I choose ibis Style over ibis & ibis budget because Styles offers alittle more comfort & facilities.
In this case though I was left confused. This ibis Style should be labeled standard ibis.
Cleanliness was not up to standard, the liquid soap container was empty & not replaced. Evidence that the bathroom basin was not cleaned.
All ibis Styles throughout Europe supplied 2 x bath towels, 2 x hand towels & a floor mat not ibis Southwark London. All that was offered was a floor mat & 2 bath towels.
There were no toiletries supplied like again other ibis Style hotels.
The Bathroom is extremely small, and very difficult when it comes to drying after a shower.
Breakfast may be complementary (questionable when you see the room rate) however it would be great if you could get a seat in the breakfast room & not have to wait fir a table, whilst watching everyone else eating breakfast.
Location - in 2 minds.
Bed & pillow definitely not as comfortable as other ibis hotels.
Didn't really have a comfortable sleep over the 5 night period.
There is a possibility that the bed had bed bugs, as after my first night I woke up to discover that I had 13 bites on my body.
On a positive note, check in was pleasant, some staff nice and say Hello as you walk by
Water, coffee & computer offered in the foyer.
On my next visit to London I will be staying somewhere else & not ibis Style SouthWark Rose.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear reviewer, Apologies for not living up to your expectations. We’ll look into things, but please let me assure you that we certainly do not have ‘an infestation’ at Ibis Styles Southwark Rose Hotel. We have a preventative programme in place in and around the hotel to prevent issues with bugs, rodents etc occurring and have never had any reports of bed bugs. To reassure you we have called in an external contractor to investigate and can confirm that we have seen no evidence that any bugs is certainly not an ongoing problem.
I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Styles Southwark Rose Hotel in London some time in the future. kind regards, N Benrabah

Been to Ibis Styles London Southwark Rose? Share your experiences!