“Impressive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn London - West

You added Holiday Inn London - West to your Saves list
Holiday Inn London - West
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Portal Way | Gypsy Corner / A40, London W3 6RT, England (Formerly Ramada Encore London West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #645 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good staff, lovely and modern building, delicious food, gorgeous views (e.g. of The Shard).

Best of all, the proximity to North Acton tube station - a two-minute walk, which goes past convenient stores like Tesco's and Domino's (Costa is also just round the corner).

Used to stay in other Holiday Inns, but now will only stay here - would highly recommend!

Room Tip: Higher floors have lovely views - can see the shard.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I must say one thing that i am totally impressed by specially the service by this hotel, as we live nearby this hotel, we thought to have some drinks, as we are quite frequent guest of ADI, he knows indeed about our drinks:), we usually come on weekdays only, it was quite busy that day, we could see the barman was struggling , but he was delivering the service at its best, we were shocked to see that the barman is running for the food in the restaurant and was doing the drinks at the same time, we personally feel there is a lack of staff members.As we could see the guest are waiting. But must say adi you are the best.

• Stayed December 2014
Redhill, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff were very nice and we felt well taken care of.

Our check in was not very smooth as we had to switch rooms as the sofa bed was defective. It did not take them long to find us another room but we were all tired and felt a bit annoyed that we had to carry all our stuff to another floor.

The hotel was a short walk to the tube and a bus stop so if you go home late it shouldn't be a problem. There are not a lot of places to eat though, but Starbucks on the ground floor was nice!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My company books me into this hotel so I have no choice but to stay. Last week I had problems getting room service because they hadn't taken my card details at reception even though I offered it. This week I'm here for 3 nights. The rooms are stark and barely cleaned though just about passable. The phone in my room doesn't work so I have to keep going down to reception rather than calling.
The menu says gluten free bread and pasta are available on request,mother are NOT. So I ordered Salmon and it arrived on a bed of Cous Cous even though I told them I'm gluten free, I was assured that couscous is gluten free even though I am a lifelong Coeliac and know better.
I now have a plate of plain rice with horrible boiled (microwaved) veg and a piece of over done Salmon.
It's a disgrace this hotel. I normally do good reviews or at least balanced ones, but I am so furious with them that I can't do that at the moment, only another 2 nights to go. I will be frequenting the Tesco express for cold food from now on during my stay.

Room Tip: The wifi is rubbish.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The company I work for put us up in hotels all over the place and this is one of our favourates. The rooms are spotless, normal for Holiday Inns, the breakfasts are awesome, the evening meals are first class but the STAFF are the real stars here !
From the reception to the restaurant, they are a pleasure to deal with.

Room Tip: It is on the busy A40, so common sense should dictate that rooms at the rear will be quieter but its...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for a weekend in London. Staff were great. Room was lovely on 4th floor. Breakfast was delicious with loads of choice and the hotel was close to a tube station which made our stay really easy. We spent 2 days shopping and was only 20 mins from Oxford Circus so it was perfect.

Room Tip: room 421 was ours
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
986amand, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - West, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Jack S

Thank you for staying with us and your review.

I am very pleased to read that your time with us has been so excellent, and that you have so enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel. Great to note that you liked the hotel staff and found the location of the hotel convenient for Central London.

I thank you very much indeed, and I look forward to having you with us again soon!

Regards, A Dubey. General Manager.
Carlisle, Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a two night London mini break, and we loved it. We had an incredibly warm welcome from two members of the reception staff who made us feel at home straight away. We are platinum IHG members, so we do expect a certain standard, but they surpassed this. Our room was large and spacious, with a lovely comfy bed. The location is fantastic for visiting Central London, with North Acton tube station being literally less than a 3 minute walk away down one road (very easy to find). We had food here on our first night. Although it was delicious the smaller bites are indeed very small, too small to be a meal so be warned! We did have a pudding to make up for it though!

This will be our place of choice when visiting London in future. Hopefully next time we'll be able to stay in an executive room.

Thanks for a fabulous stay - highly recommended by us.

• Stayed November 2014
986amand, General Manager at Holiday Inn London - West, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear cathandpete

Firstly thank you choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn London-West and your membership to the IHG Rewards Club. We are indeed delighted to read your review.

We are already looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay. Great to note that you were made feel welcome and the team looked after you.

Look forward to meeting you on your next stay,

Best regards,

A Dubey. General Manager.

Been to Holiday Inn London - West? Share your experiences!