“If you are looking for somewhere to sleep, whilst you discover London, Its perfect!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Corbigoe Hotel

You added Corbigoe Hotel to your Saves list
Corbigoe Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Belgrave Road | Victoria, London SW1V 2BH, England   |
Ranked #1,003 of 1,066 Hotels in London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was booked last minute for a short trip to London.
We had read the reviews and was nervous as they were all awful. However after a very short walk from the tube atation we were given a very warm welcome. The choice of 2 rooms. We opted for the ground floor room, Which sleeps 4.
It was clean, The bedding was immaculate, as were the towels, We had to request extra towels from reception, but they were given to us straight away.
Bed were very comfortable. Small TV, But who goes to London to watch TV??
There was a kettle but it was not placed near a socket, so we moved the kettle.
The Bathroom was Clean, it was small and if you ae over 6 ft 2in i think you would struggle on the loo. But Hot water with good water pressure. Towels and bedding are not changed every day.. but then neither are mine at home!

There was a charge of 2 pound for leaving your bag.. You can not get a coffee for that price in london!! So i don't see why people were complaining.
No perving porter. all the staff were great, very helpful.
I honestly thought it was a great budget hotel.. would i stay there again. YES.
Great location close to shops, pubs and restaurants.
If you want somewhere as a base its great. if you want something more then that... stay away!

Room Tip: Call and confirm booking, as other people reported that they didn't save their booking.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Hveragerdi, Iceland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2014

No lift.Paper thin walls and you can hear everything above and beside you. Everything dirty and long time outdated. Bed linen was not clean. Trash on the floor under the bed.No soap and only one towel, old and given to us in the "Lobby". Overall a terrible hotel. Extra charged for keeping one bag for few hours on check out day, 2 pounds. Staff were creepy.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2014

Woke up to go and have breakfast only to find the porter brushing teeth in the kitchen sink..disgusting. Booked the hotel online and on the day of arrival only to be told that my booking never existed. Presented the booking print and they said didn't go through much as it had been confirmed. Then was told had to pay by cash or be charged extra for paying by card. Booked for a double room and paid for it. Only 30 minutes later , I get a knock from the guy who booked me in on the door asking me to share my room with someone else that I have never met or known....crazy man. The room is dirty, horrible, no towel in the shower, the TV does not work, no remote and the place is just not safe. The door was not locking and only stayed for one night. For breakfast, only 3 types of cereals, filthy kitchen, horrible bread and the whole hotel needs to be shut

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Brno, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

Room was very small, 3 beds in it, so we could nearly walk there. You got directly to one of the beds coming from the hallway and from bed to bathroom. Carpets were soooo filhty, I think they do not do vacuum cleaning at all. Balcony couldn't be opened as the balcony door was just 10cm next to the 3rd bed. There was a huge layer of dust on the heating and some mold in the bathroom. Just one bedside table and one small wardrobe (in 3 bed room!). No towels, entrance door set wrongly so light was coming under it and you could hear all the noises during night coming from hallway. Receptionist were quite friendly but not professional. I'd not recommend to visit this hotel even just for staying overnight for some sleep.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014 via mobile

This place sucks at everything! Room looked like crap walls were falling apart, shower leaked on the floor so the hole room had water all over, hotel people are creepy as hell could be drug dealers. The shower was filled with mold and other things were growing in there, drain never went down and the water was old in it so I could not shower. After one night I left bc I got sick of the smell and was afraid for my life thought someone was going to kick in my door and kill me. Don't stay at this place if your not loser. I would sleep on the street that spend a night there and the would not give me a refund after I payed online for 3 nights.

• Stayed September 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

I booked this for a stag do and honestly though I was going to be lynched after reading the reviews, but it's really not as bad as it sounds.
1st off its very near Victoria coach and train station and Pimlico underground is only round the corner. There's also plenty of cafe's and pubs nearby for breakfast or a pint.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, and our towels came straight out of the packet.
We had a room on the top floor, there's no lift so as long as you've got a reasonable level of fitness you'll be fine.
The room was clean with only very minor niggles, like a bit of hair in the shower (which was washed away easily) and no milk for tea (and I couldn't be bothered going all the way downstairs and back to get some). Nothing that would make me want to leave, we even had a view of the Shard from the window!
The double beds are fine as long as you're not broad shouldered or big boned, two average sized people should do ok.
The shower isn't the strongest but it gets the job done, plus if your friend next door is having a shower you can have a chat through the walls.
If you're expecting luxury you'll be disappointed. But if you see it for what it is, a cheap hotel in the dead centre of London, somewhere just to sleep in between sight seeing, you'll be satisfied.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I made a reservation in March for a July arrival. One week prior to arrival I was contacted via email to let me know that my credit card that I had entered in March had been denied for pre-authorization. I was not comfortable giving my info through email and asked for another option. No one ever responded until a few few days later when they informed me that my reservation had been cancelled. With my trip only a few days away and having four people in my party, I took the initiative to call from the US and find out what was going on. I talked to Masoud and he told me to talk to the manager on Monday. Like a fool, I called again on Monday and talked to an unidentified man and relayed the story. He told me there was no room and gave me a number to another establishment nearby. I was so livid at this point because quad rooms are difficult to find in London and very expensive. Just before hanging up I asked the man for his name. He stated that his name was Masoud. I asked if he was the same one that I spoke with on Saturday and he said, "Maybe." I was beside myself at this point. I did call the other place and read reviews. It was a dump but the young lady was very friendly. She told me that is a common practice for some to drop a reservation when you do not prepay and they overbook. In the end, I think this frustration has saved me much heartache as the reviews have only gotten worse since I checked on this place a few months ago.

Room Tip: I did not stay and am very glad that I had my bad experience prior to arrival.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Corbigoe Hotel? Share your experiences!