“Do Not Waste your Time” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #995 of 1,075 hotels in London
Sacramento, California
“Do Not Waste your Time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I made a reservation in March for a July arrival. One week prior to arrival I was contacted via email to let me know that my credit card that I had entered in March had been denied for pre-authorization. I was not comfortable giving my info through email and asked for another option. No one ever responded until a few few days later when they informed me that my reservation had been cancelled. With my trip only a few days away and having four people in my party, I took the initiative to call from the US and find out what was going on. I talked to Masoud and he told me to talk to the manager on Monday. Like a fool, I called again on Monday and talked to an unidentified man and relayed the story. He told me there was no room and gave me a number to another establishment nearby. I was so livid at this point because quad rooms are difficult to find in London and very expensive. Just before hanging up I asked the man for his name. He stated that his name was Masoud. I asked if he was the same one that I spoke with on Saturday and he said, "Maybe." I was beside myself at this point. I did call the other place and read reviews. It was a dump but the young lady was very friendly. She told me that is a common practice for some to drop a reservation when you do not prepay and they overbook. In the end, I think this frustration has saved me much heartache as the reviews have only gotten worse since I checked on this place a few months ago.

Room Tip: I did not stay and am very glad that I had my bad experience prior to arrival.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The room was like a cupboard, room 19 in fact. I could touch both walls by holding my arms stretched out. No wifi in the room and I had to ask for the tv remote which they keep at reception. The bed had no mattress cover and the tiny bed had lumps in the mattress. The room was basically clean. The shower and toilet area was like a shoe box.
Wouldn't recommend it at all, in fact avoid.

Room Tip: Avoid room 19.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Worst hotel I have ever stayed! Paid for 2 nights but had to leave after the 1st night. Room 5 was damp, smelly and filthy. Considered buying some cheap flip flops to walk on the carpet and shower in. Night porter made myself and wife feel extremely uncomfortable as a same sex couple and could hear him stood outside our door on more than one occasion. Complained in the morning and the manager refused to refund 2nd night as they have a 48hr cancelation fee and if we didn't like the room we could move. I explained it wasn't just the room, his staff made us feel awkward and couldn't stay as we didn't feel safe. He told me I would need to get a refund from booking.com where I'd booked. I told him the reason I was leaving was his staff not booking.com and demanded a refund there and then. He did eventually refund the 2nd night but wasn't happy about it. We had only stayed the one night yet our clothes smelt damp from the room and I couldn't even bring myself to step into the shower. This hotel has a 3 star food rating and only provides continental breakfast ... What does that say about the kitchen?! I don't normally write to complain on here but would hate for someone to book into this hotel. We ended up paying £200 to stay in other hotel but would have paid more to never stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I have seen couple of positive reviews for this hotel, i liked it, they would have had good experience. But, in fact, I have worked in this hotel for couple of months.
Finding and getting hotel room in London is difficult, especially in peak season, and you will have to stay in the hotel that you have or has been booked for you. (make sure cash bookings are prioritized in this hotel... If booking is done without cash, one may face trouble getting the room, in case rooms are not available. Later the hotel owner will blame agent and all).
I have seen people almost crying, who had to stay here in poor circumstances. Unhappy guests claim that they will sue Expedia or whoever have booked this hotel for them. Later, its unknown, whether they sued their agents or not but one thing is sure that their vacation got ruined.
I like this hotel since I have worked there but still I cannot see someone playing with others emotions.
I will not be able to provide exact working year since I don't want to disclose my ID... But I was there more than 5 years back.

Room Tip: There are few reasonable rooms in this hotel but I will prefer not mentioning them as it is totally...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Wahgunyah, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I do not usually write reviews but after a recent trip to the UK i was booked into Corbigoe for one night i was origionally booked for 8 nights but not a fault of Corbigoe it was through a agent and it was not booked thank God!!!.
One night was enough the beds where rotten with holes in the sides and springs nearly going through the mattress and one actually broke while my daughter was in bed.
The shower roof was mouldy and the curtain rail was rusted it was a disgrace the kitchenette was a jug beside the bed.
The room was noisy and dirty we had to ask for towells when we asked if we could store some bags for a few hours while waiting for our flight we were also charged we were not charge at any other motels we stayed at on our holiday except Corbigoe.
I read reviews before we went there and thought it could not be that bad but yes i should of took everyone elses advice.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Booked a double room here on the internet and received an email confirming the booking. Travelled 140 miles to be greeted by receptionist to be told that they had no room for us, i could have a single at a reduced rate or if i was to wait until 04.00 there would be a room free then. Totally un professional and un helpful in trying to resolve the situation at 23.00 , not even a call to any other hotel to check availability for us. although ilooks as though we had a lucky escape!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Ok,,, so I really try not to write bad review on trip advisor as I do feel allot of people always find the faults,,we stayed for 2 nights,, 3 girls to a room,,, our curtains where hanging off, we had 2 mugs and one glass between us,, no milk, and was told we had to buy milk,,,, teeny bathroom that flooded when having a shower, the loo ran all night long, our room (18) was the first room next to reception, the phone rang or door bell all night, we borrowed an iron that was falling to bits and was told to iron on the bed as they didn't have a board, we had no towels and 2 coat hangers for all our clothes, I'm glad I didn't look at trip advisor before we went as I think I would have cancelled. The pictures on here made me glad that we had a slightly 'better' room than others have experienced.
I'm no snob, I don't mind budget hotels but this was extreme. Very random place.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Corbigoe Hotel? Share your experiences!