“Charming!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of 22 York Street

22 York Street
We can't find prices for this accommodation
22 York Street
You added 22 York Street to your Saves list
22 York Street, London W1U 6PX , England (Marylebone)   |
Ranked #104 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Seattle, USA
“Charming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at this B&B. The people who work here are warm and friendly. The house itself is beautifully furnished with antiques and lovely paintings. It's kind of a shabby chic feeling, but more chic than shabby.
I also really enjoyed the breakfast. "Continental Breakfast" can mean almost anything. This breakfast has a wide variety on offer, was delicious and was served by the friendly staff. I especially enjoyed eating around the communal table because it was an opportunity to meet and chat with the other guests at the B&B.
The B&B has two lounges. The lounge on the second floor has free coffee and cookies on offer. The lounge in the basement has a computer which is free to use.
The only warning I would give is that there are *a lot* of stairs at this B&B. It's a bit like staying in a StairMaster, but it's a charming and well run StairMaster.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

A really friendly welcome at this B and B just off Baker Street. We had tge basement room that didn't have much lught, but given the times of day that we were in the room, that wasn't a problem!
Breakfast was a continental style deal with pastries, ceareal etc. They catered well for my vegan proclivities.
The bed was on the soft side, but that suits me fine. The location couldn't be better and the price is quite reasonable for the location!
We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed March 2013
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I arrived here at 10.30pm, and as there are no signs outside, I was very worried that I could not gain entry. After a small wait, the door opened, and a pleasent young lady welcomed me in. She gave me a brief tour of the facilities and showed me to my room. The room was quaint and warm and excectionally pleasent. I took a book from the small library and went to bed. I had a perfect night's sleep. The next morning the communal breakfast was great fun, and full of interesting people. An American playwrite, an art lover, and a glamourous mother and daughter. The simple breakfast was tasty with as much excellent coffee as you desired. A visit to this hotel is worth it alone just to gaze on the magnificent picture in the hall. A perfect use of red! When it came to paying the bill, another surprise, really excellent value for such warmth and comfort in such a convenient location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Three of us stayed her, meeting up from different parts of the UK - what a find. Warm welcome, quirky surroundings, super location and a communal breakfast table that is heaven sent for a catch up with friends or strangers. There is a welcoming lounge with refreshments continually available and another place for socialising. Only one downside, I like a cuppa in the morning while I am getting ready and there are no opportunities for that in the room. Other than this minor gripe, what a find and will certainly stay here again and would recommend to everyone who wants somewhere a little different from bland hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

22 York Street is a great place to stay for your London visit. Close to the Baker Street Tube Station, Regents Park, and walking distance to many restaurants and iconic sights, it is my home away from home. Michaela is an excellent manager who tends to every detail and need. At breakfast, one has the opportunity to visit with guests from France, South Africa, Spain, and many other countries. This is another reason I love staying here since I always meet the most erudite and kindred traveling souls at breakfast. I strongly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We stayed 5 nights and enjoyed our stay. Our room was larger than most with a canopy bed and interesting furniture. Breakfast around the big table was the best part. We enjoyed talking to our fellow guests. The staff were very helpful and efficient.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a wonderful find this turned out to be. I tend to choose accommodation by location and this , was just perfect, a few doors away from family, a few minutes walk to Oxford st and Baker st station.

The welcome on arrival was warm and friendly and the B&B was clean and so nicely decorated, with two sitting rooms on offer where we could make hot drinks.

Breakfast was continental and excellent.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to 22 York Street? Share your experiences!