The Shoreditch area is very happening, a bit meatpacking in NYC 10 years avo feeling. It can however be quite agressive and scary at night (botlkes were thrown and 2-3 fights going on outside the hotel every evening). Having said that its still a very interesting area with a lot of nice restaurants and creative feeling. The hotel has an industrial design with a teist and a lot of small details. The room I got was spacious. The lobby/bar area is very aluve with DJs playing, hipsters working and guests hanging out, nice vibe. The service was ok but not mote, staff seemed hired for being cool rather than experienced in the hotel industry, upon checkout they were not able to print a bill.... Avoid the restaurant, nice decor but horrible food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, a 5 star property in the historic Shoreditch neighbourhood, a hub for galleries, theaters and fashion, home of the Brick Lane market and a canvas for street artists from around the world.It’s a neighborhood with a long history of culture and industry — the first district where plays were performed in London, banned at that time in the center city, and later a center of in textile and furniture manufacture.Today’s Shoreditch is a leader in the arts, design, cuisine, culture and technology — an outpost in the global community of ideas. The design at Ace Hotel London hints at a wide range of influences from UK punk to the bold graphic style of the early 20th century Vorticist movement, to the clean Modernism of the Bauhaus.All rooms have vintage furniture, original artwork, in-room safe and flatscreen TV with Ace video-on-demand and Revo radios with Ace-curated radio stations, plus a well-stocked mini-bar and complimentary WiFI. Some rooms have turntables and a selection of vinyl and acoustic guitars.Easy access to Moorgate, Finsbury Square and Liverpool Street. Destination restaurant Hoi Polloi is by David Waddington and Pablo Flack who are restaurateurs behind Bistrotheque and Shrimpy’s. Gym is open 24 hours; the Hotel also features a Basement Bar with live gigs and DJ sets, a lobby bar, The Bulldog Edition - a coffee shop in partnership with Square Mile Coffee Roasters, an exhibition gallery, on-site juice bar, a flower shop, and 24 hours room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, LondonMarketing.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Ace Hotel London Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London Shoreditch Hotel London
- London Crowne Plaza
- Ace Hotel London Shoreditch England