This hotel has a lot going for it: lobby with a grat decor, a happening atmosphere, the lively Hoi Polloi restaurant, some unique in room features like the guitar. However at the end of the day I just want a goods night sleep and exactly that was hard to attain. Our deluxe room (1st floor, streetside) was probably the noisiest room I've ever stayed at. Especially because it was over the weekend, the noise coming from outside from outside was unbelievable, and it lasted all night, up until 7 in the morning. Screaming, laughing, yelling, police cars, everything was very clearly audible, enough to keep you awake all night. This seems to be a structural building problem. What I simply don't understand is why you would invest a lot in refashioning the old Crowne Plaza into this hotel without taking into account or improving the very basic features of the building. This room needs triple glazing or whatever it takes to keep the noise outside. Even in cool hotels people do want to sleep at some point.
Then service was trying, but not hard enough. A simple request to bring towels which housekeeping forgot to provide was not met and had to be repeated. Creditcard was authorised 3 times upon arrival, instead of just once.
The hotel has great potential but for now I'm not at all convinced to return at some point, especially considering the many other great, maybe less 'cool' hotels
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London Shoreditch Hotel
- Crowne Plaza London Shoreditch Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London
- London Crowne Plaza
- Ace Hotel London Shoreditch England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ace Hotel London Shoreditch, a 5 star property in the historic Shoreditch neighbourhood, a hub for galleries, theaters and fashion, home of the Brick Lane market and a canvas for street artists from around the world.It’s a neighborhood with a long history of culture and industry — the first district where plays were performed in London, banned at that time in the center city, and later a center of in textile and furniture manufacture.Today’s Shoreditch is a leader in the arts, design, cuisine, culture and technology — an outpost in the global community of ideas. The design at Ace Hotel London hints at a wide range of influences from UK punk to the bold graphic style of the early 20th century Vorticist movement, to the clean Modernism of the Bauhaus.All rooms have vintage furniture, original artwork, in-room safe and flatscreen TV with Ace video-on-demand and Revo radios with Ace-curated radio stations, plus a well-stocked mini-bar and complimentary WiFI. Some rooms have turntables and a selection of vinyl and acoustic guitars.Easy access to Moorgate, Finsbury Square and Liverpool Street. Destination restaurant Hoi Polloi is by David Waddington and Pablo Flack who are restaurateurs behind Bistrotheque and Shrimpy’s. Gym is open 24 hours; the Hotel also features a Basement Bar with live gigs and DJ sets, a lobby bar, The Bulldog Edition - a coffee shop in partnership with Square Mile Coffee Roasters, an exhibition gallery, on-site juice bar, a flower shop, and 24 hours room service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Olotels and Otel so you can book your Ace Hotel London Shoreditch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.