“Amazing hotel, staff & area....best London stay & we've been all over!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of London Marriott West India Quay

You added London Marriott West India Quay to your Saves list
London Marriott West India Quay
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Hertsmere Road | Canary Wharf, London E14 4ED, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Weekend Rates from £129
Ranked #170 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bournemouth
“Amazing hotel, staff & area....best London stay & we've been all over!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Came to the Marriott for our anniversary & firstly we were upgraded or a quay view suite & we left with a card wishing us a happy anniversary with a lovely bottle of plonk! Bedding wow! Staff cannot do enough for you, the hotel is 5* It's modern & is right next door to the new roof garden & amazing shopping centre! The bars are great, Browns & manhattan bar are great! Henry's also great for a cracking rack of ribs! I'm now thinking about booking 2 nights at the Marriott which is unheard of for me as I like to visit new places but it's the husbands 40th & at least I know we will love it...hopefully getting room 424 again well done Marriott! Glad I'm a member xx

Room Tip: Over looking quay, but still lovely if cannot afford
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed here in April 2015 with my girlfriend and it was incredible! Due to several phobias including one of lifts, I always request a room on a low floor when I book a hotel so we wouldn’t have to climb up about 4 flights of stairs. What I didn’t expect (but was happily surprised with) was an email from the hotels guest relations manager stating she had upgraded us to a suite on the bottom floor. This was an amazing example of exceptional hospitality, one that I will never forget.
The room was beautiful with a comfortable king-sized bed, seating area, large television, desk, shower/bathtub in the large bathroom and wide floor space to help my girlfriends’ claustrophobia.
It also included a large window, which overlooked a beautiful part of the West India Quay docks.
One negative point is the food. I ordered a plain pizza, which was slightly burnt and greasy, but the preparation with small bottles of sauces on the tray was great.
I definitely recommend this hotel and look forward to future stays with Marriott Hotels.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Lovely place with a friendly and attentive staff. Food was excellent and loved the view restaurant provided, especially in evenings. Bar feels quite lively music is good and thought the uniform barmen had was quite unique. Been there twice and will go there again surely!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

If your business is bringing you to the Canary Wharf area, no need to check any further than the Marriott at West India Quay. This modern hotel is a comfortable delight, which combined with top-notch service and food leave even a business traveler eager to return to home a bit sorry to leave.

Pros: walking distance to Canary Wharf the DLR and Tube, modern and comfortable rooms, fantastic beds, great views from windows, excellent customer care, lounge and gym, and good choices for dining within and proximate to hotel.

Cons: not central London.

This hotel has it all. If your travels bring you to Canary Wharf, book a room (preferably a suite ending in 01) and check in to your home away from home. You'll be glad you did.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Goshen, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The Canary Wharf area of London is daunting. It is populated with various and sundry buildings that have been erected almost entirely in that last twenty years. It is also an area now easily accessible to places in London you may wish to get to or from via both the Underground and Above Ground.
This hotel is in a charming area (on the West India Quay) near some old dock industry buildings that have been turned into restaurants and bars - all retaining the original structure(s). The rooms are exceptional in quality - but the back side of the hotel faces the Above Ground - and it is noisy.
The clientele is mainly business people on the go - it would not be a hotel for a traveling family. I had some unusual issues that arose - but these were taken care of pretty efficiently. The tweaking reference in my review title has to do with "connecting the dots" e.g., a broken coffee pot was replaced with another broken coffee pot.
I have been here three times - and will continue to return here - the ambiance, cleanliness, and charming staff are my reasons for becoming a faithful patron.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Balsall Common, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The beds are fantastic, the staff friendly and helpful, but the bar is not a place to chill and unwind . I hate to sound old, but the music is really too loud and club like for sitting down with friends for a catch up, which is a shame because it's a lovely lounge. We spent the weekend of the London marathon here and the hotel was great in participating and supporting the runners with little treats before and after the race along with an early healthy runners breakfast!

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor at the back and heard nothing!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Arrived Monday night, ~10pm. Hotel didn't have my Marriott Rewards in booking (not their fault), so they added that and the front desk girl went in back to check for an upgraded room (good sign--thanks). Came back and apologized, but said nothing nicer was available for now (prob tomorrow). I understand; it happens.

I also asked for some foam pillows (in my profile, but not in room since it wasn't booked right). I was told Houskeeping was gone for the day and they couldn't do anything. BTW, I just came from a week in Romania and Paris and could make requests 24x7 (I often arrive late due to travel) and they were always honored. Can't get to the pillows after 10pm?

Took me took my room. Gave me a horrible room on 4th floor. Window was broken around seams and outside air blowing in like a fan was blowing. They had put duct tape over the broken window to keep out noise, but the duct tape 1) didn't work and 2) was peeling off. Room also overlooked street and train, so VERY noisy. This was a HORRIBLE room, Marriott Platinum or not. For $500/night, nobody should get this kind of room here.

I called and explained the problem. Said they would call me in 5 minutes. 15 minutes later called and moved me to 2nd floor. Similar view (trains/cars), but windows at least seal up tightly (seriously, duct tape?!?!) and it was better.

Asked for them to discount tonight, but they refused. Said they will move to a new room in the morning--but I have to repack all my stuff so they can move--shouldn't a quality hotel compensate you for making you change rooms twice and offering you poor quality rooms? Not looking for a free ride; just to be treated right.

Oh, I eventually got my pillows. Hopefully, they can make it the room right tomorrow with the kind of room you pay over $500/night for. So far, disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite train tracks
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Bertrand D, General Manager at London Marriott West India Quay, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear pulsifire,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologize for any inconvenience you have experience in your stay. I am aware the team has already taken action to resolve some of the points you have highlighted in your review.

I hope that in light of this you will consider staying with us again when travelling to London.

Bertrand D

Been to London Marriott West India Quay? Share your experiences!