“Absolutely disgusted!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added The Belgravia Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
The Belgravia Hotel
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   118 Ebury Street | Belgravia, London SW1W 9QQ, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #453 of 517 London B&B and Inns
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Absolutely disgusted!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Well, where do I start?
Firstly, I booked to stay over night in London for my partners birthday, somewhere in Victoria, local to the tube station, as well as the Apollo Theatre. The Belgravia Hotel came up as the cheapest option, unfortunate to me, there was no photos of the hotel, except the image of the outside view. Such a low price, I thought "Brilliant!". Later to my surprise I had no idea it was a Hostel, may I add I have no problem with it being a Hostel, but the fact of false advertisment.

On arrival at the Belgravia 'Hotel' we was greated disgustingly, no manners at all. I felt as though I was walking through a playground whilst walking down the corridor, pram, bed quilts, the whole lot just left in the middle of the corridor. After being given our key, we was not told where I room was, walking up the stairs, well there is no way to describe it other that FILTHY. The floor was not even, cracks on every wall and stairs, the place could do with a lick of paint too. Once we final reached our room, we was greeted with a nasty smell of drains from our bathroom. Damp over the walls, cellotape hanging from the curtains poles, a TV which did not work, cracks up every wall and a bathroom which, realisticly could not even fit 1 person in. Sink and shower taps hanging off and a shower head which did not fit or stay up. There was a little bit of space to walk from the bathroom to the bed, where myself and my partner was basically climbing over each other. The bed cover was covered in black lines (evadentally had not been washed properly).

Lastly, I could not help but laugh, on our way out of the hotel I picked up a leaflet of the Belgravia Hotel, inwhich a photo of what our room should have looked like... Shocked. They look nothing a like at all, looked like a completely different hotel.

The hotel may be cheap, but there is no way on earth I would EVER pay that less again and have to stay in somewhere as atrocious as that. Be away!

Scott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

251 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed there for one night, fair dos the bed was clean but that was about it. There was mould on the skirting boards from a drink that must have been spilt, all the walls were filthy. The shower was a room in the closet that had no hot water and the shower head wouldn't fit into the holder either, it was awful the walls were so thin and it was freezing, not worth 70 pounds that we spent.. You can find a better hotel if you can even call that place a hotel. They didn't accept card and they were rude.

• Stayed April 2013
Scarborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and daughter only stayed for half an hour it was that bad.
Disgusting dirty place.
Stairs that you would need to be a mountain climber to get up.
5 floors of squallor run my people you wouldn't buy a kebab off.
Listen to me and take the warning !!
Any good reviews about this place must have either been written by the owners themselves or somebody with a serious mental illness.

Room Tip: Don't book anything in this dump
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Where shall I begin with this excuse of a “hotel”. After writing this review I shall be contacting trading standards and any health and safety board about this place as they desperately need someone to make them take action to improve the standards.
My sister is in hospital in hammersmith, so me and my husband along with our 4 year old travelled up there on a very tight budget. My sister paid over the phone for us to ensure we had accommodation which was close to Victoria and included breakfast. In black and white this hotel seemed perfect for us, we didn’t expect luxury but something that would keep us comfortable at the very least!
We arrived to be taken down stairs in a grotty under the stairs cupboard to be given keys and told where to go. Fine I have a strong welsh accent and he wasn’t English so didn’t expect much of a conversation without having to repeat myself, plus it was late and wanted to get my little one settled.
The basic double we booked with a bathroom was in fact a twin room with shared facilities, this of course annoyed us but we though its too late to do much else. I needed a shower and my little girl followed suit. The shower was broken, dangling and mouldy absolutely disgusting. The floor was cracked and wet, I slipped (baring in mind I’m pregnant) and smashed my elbow leaving me in quite a bit of pain. I was very upset at this point, so when I managed to get back to the room my husband pointed out that both bed were cracked and broken, supported by wood planks which were sticking out and very dangerous.
We went down to tell management who came to the room stated there was no vacancies for this evening (despite the vacancies sign being lit and it being stated on their website) and they would have to change the bed in the morning when the manager came in. We were completely disgusted by this and at 11:30pm we dressed and decided to leave, trying to find emergency accommodation on the tight budget. Strolling the streets with our 4 year at that time, in rain was just wrong but we had no choice.
We didn’t manage to find anything else much to our upset and would find something in the morning. We settled our girl to sleep and I went for take two in the shower room. I managed to get in but struggled to find a comfortable temperature and when leaving I burnt my arm on the actual shower taps leaving me with a blister. The shower also flooded the entire room, making sure my towels and clothes were soaked. The management stated “The housekeeper is not here” when told about this, making no comment about my second injury from this place. Also there was no tea making facilities or a working television.
Having cried myself to sleep in an uncomfortable flea ridden bed, breakfast was even worse. Cracked dirty cups with a choice of stale bread, stale cereal (two choice of cornflakes or brown cornflakes.) with orange juice, and for some reason pack ham and cheese. Completely unhygienic in the way they were kept and served.
This one night ruined the stay in London for us, I couldn’t use my elbow and the burn mark still hurts. We where miserable and feeling completely ripped off. £140 for the stay was well out of our price range to start with and for it to be spend on something that physically and mentally took away this trip from us and left an already emotional trip worse is disgusting. I have sought legal advice for my injuries and will be contacting the hotel with these complaints in writing, asking for a refund.
Advice: Location is fantastic. The rest is appalling, don’t waste your money and don’t risk your health staying at this hell hole. No customer service and disgusting facilities, you will regret you’re stay. Had I seen the many reviews before this, then I would have taken the advice!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Onesti, Bacau, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Friendly and wellcoming smal hotel in a very good location.Clean and comfortable room, bathroom small but functional. Reception and other hotel staff very helpful.The place is ideally situated being close to many of London's attractions Was a great stay, continental breakfast was very nice.... would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and welcoming small hotel in a very good location,clean and comfortable room, bathroom small but functional. Reception and other staff very helpful. A 3 nights stay was a great stay, continental breakfast was very nice would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was a nice little hotel in the West Minister area. The rooms were small but charming and very clean. It has a nice at home feel to it. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Breakfast was descent and internet worked properly at all times. The location was superb. Just grab a map and you can walk on foot to all the prominent sites. Nice stay I had.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to The Belgravia Hotel? Share your experiences!