This was my second stay at the Zetter. If you have a lot of energy or a few extra minutes, you could check out my previous review. In short, I am still very impressed with the hotel and even more impressed with the surrounding area. But if you are American (as am I), I wouldn't get too caught up in the rave reviews by British tourists. On the whole, hotels in London are lousy with respect to value compared to other European capitals and especially compared to the U.S., and you will be disappointed if you expect the Zetter to be on par with similarly priced modern/ trendy hotels in the U.S.. The dollar is very weak compared to the pound, and unlike the restaurant scene the hotel choices in London have not really improved much in the past 20 years. The rooms are small but well designed. Housekeeping is flawless, the staff is great, and the bartenders are simultaneously good-looking, engaging, and make great Mojitos. The biggest asset of the hotel is the surrounding area. You will feel that you are in the "real" London...hip, safe, exciting, and as convenient as anywhere else for sight-seeing but without the tourist hordes. Just keep in mind....for London (but not the U.S.), the Zetter is a really good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zetter Hotel has 59 bedrooms including 7 rooftop studios all with a private outdoor terrace. Located in fashionable Clerkenwell, the hotel is a perfect destination for those looking for hotels with style, comfort and bags of personality. Built by eco-conscious hoteliers, the hotel uses energy-saving technology and eco-friendly materials wherever possible. This approach also includes water pumped from the hotel's own 1500-foot bore-hole beneath the building which not only helps make the building self sustaining but also supplies The Zetter's bottled spring water that is served in the restaurant and rooms. The hotel is home to the celebrated Bistrot Bruno Loubet and next door is award-winning Cocktail Lounge at sister hotel The Zetter Townhouse, an exciting collaboration between The Zetter, chef Bruno Loubet and the creators of 69 Colebrooke Row. The neighbourhood boasts of superb restaurants, excellent pubs, clubs,wine bars and a number of galleries and theatres. Explore the surroundings on Brompton bicycles which guests can hire from the hotel free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, MrandMrsSmith, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Zetter Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zetter Hotel And Townhouse
- Zetter Hotel London
- Zetter London
- The Zetter Hotel London, England