We recently spent 2 days in London and wanted a decent hotel close to the trains and Tube (aka London's subway). This one is across the street from the Blackfriars Station.
Being this was a Crowne Plaza, the hotel was very clean with updated contemporary deco. We arrived early and of course our room wasn't ready. They tried to upgrade us to a suite (for more $$ of course), but we declined. We were able to store our luggage in a room behind the reception area. I suggest, as we did, that you lock your luggage w/locks. We didn't have any problems, but just in case...
We had a standard double room. The pictures for this room on the Crowne Plaza website are pretty accurate. The only thing I didn't like was that the elevator and lights in the room required you to enter your key card. The bed was comfy and plenty of pillows. Blankets were in the closet and adj. thermostat on the wall. Note that the hairdryer was in a drawer in the closet. There was a dryer attached to the wall, I think it was meant to dry a man's beard.
There was a weight sensor bar in the room, under the TV. Very expensive for items, even before the British Pound to US conversion. They have internet access through the room TV. However, I recommend going to their center. The TV keyboard was not very user friendly. If I recall, I think either option cost 10 lbs.
We ate at the restaurant 1 level up from the main lobby for breakfast. It was ok by our standards. It had more local food on the buffet, things that we didn't like too much. Looking back it was a chance to try some of their food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel provides perfect accommodation in central London near local attractions such as The London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral and Buckingham Palace. This luxury hotel also offers meeting rooms, gym, spa facilities and a Michelin star restaurant. The Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel is a modern central London hotel, located in the heart of the city. This deluxe London hotel is just a stone's throw away from Blackfriars mainline train station, with a direct connection to the Eurostar terminal at St. Pancras International. For tubes, the Crowne Plaza hotel is equally well located: just a short walk to Temple & Mansion House on the District & Circle Line, or St Paul's on the Central Line. Whether you're in London for business or sightseeing, this London City Centre hotel is ideally located, minutes away from some of London's most famous attractions: The London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral, Millennium Bridge, Tate Modern & West End theatres. Crowne Plaza Club rooms, King Studios and Suites are available at your request. And all rooms are air-conditioned and have High Speed Internet Access. There's also a Fitness Club with sauna in the hotel should you wish to work out and wind down. While you're here, don't forget to eat at our Rosette awarded restaurants; Diciannove offers authentic Italian food including a variety of freshly made pasta, whilst and at Chinese Cricket Club you can enjoy fresh dim sum and Sichuan specialities. The easiest and most exciting way to do some sightseeing in London city centre is to take a trip on the London Eye. On a clear day, you can see as far as the Queen's other residence, Windsor Castle! The Crowne Plaza London City Hotel is only minutes away from the London Eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, HotelTravel.com, LondonMarketing.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - The City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza The City
- Crowne Plaza London City
- Crowne Plaza London - The City England