We stayed on the ridiculously cheap £20.13 priority club promotion rate for a weekend in January. We expected the rock bottom worst room for that price in a top notch London hotel but instead were upgraded to a smart modern Club floor room including club lounge access! wow. Very impressed with that level of customer service.
The club lounge was relaxing and friendly with good evening canapes and bar drinks for free, though fairly small for such a size of hotel and quite crowded. We therefore took breakfast in the main restaurant downstairs for just £10 per head each day, which was fabulous.
As priority gold members, we also got free newspapers and an excellent additional treat, free use of the inroom movies. We had a great night in watching a film and relaxing after a long day sightseeing
This location is excellent. You are alongside Blackfriars Bridge by the Thames, and Blackfriars tube station. It's a 3 minute walk to St Paul's Cathedral and the City of London district, and a nice 5 min walk over the river to the Southbank, Tate Modern and Globe theatre. We are suburban Londoners and loved having the central location to wander about by the river here.
Staff were all very friendly and helpful, it was a real delight to stay in. We would highly recommend this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel
- Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London
- Crowne Plaza The City
- Crowne Plaza London City
- Crowne Plaza London - The City England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza London - The City Hotel provides perfect accommodation in central London near local attractions such as The London Eye, St Paul’s Cathedral and Buckingham Palace. This luxury hotel also offers meeting rooms, gym, spa facilities and a Michelin star restaurant. The Crowne Plaza London – The City Hotel is a modern central London hotel, located in the heart of the city. This deluxe London hotel is just a stone’s throw away from Blackfriars mainline train station, with a direct connection to the Eurostar terminal at St. Pancras International. For tubes, the Crowne Plaza hotel is equally well located: just a short walk to Temple & Mansion House on the District & Circle Line, or St Paul's on the Central Line. Whether you’re in London for business or sightseeing, this London City Centre hotel is ideally located, minutes away from some of London's most famous attractions: The London Eye, St Paul's Cathedral, Millennium Bridge, Tate Modern & West End theatres. Crowne Plaza Club rooms, King Studios and Suites are available at your request. And all rooms are air-conditioned and have High Speed Internet Access. There’s also a Fitness Club with sauna in the hotel should you wish to work out and wind down. While you’re here, don’t forget to eat in at our award-winning restaurant, Refettorio, directed by Michelin-starred Chef Giorgio Locatelli offering some of the finest Italian food in London. Chinese Cricket Club, a destination Chinese restaurant set within Crowne Plaza London - The City, has attracted much acclaim for its menu of Sichuan specialist with a modern twist. The easiest and most exciting way to do some sightseeing in London city centre is to take a trip on the London Eye. On a clear day, you can see as far as the Queen’s other residence, Windsor Castle! The Crowne Plaza London City Hotel is only minutes away from the London Eye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - The City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.