During the summer holiday this student accommodation offers a hotel like place to stay. It's obviously not to be compared with an expensive hotel but you get a bed, desk, storage space and a bassin in the room. On top of that there is a fan, alarm clock, and tea/coffee facilities plus a chair in each room. The non-enclosed rooms have shared toilet and shower, these are near the room and you share 2 toilet + 2 showers for about 8-10 rooms I think. I never had to wait for a shower or toilet during a full week and showers in the morning and evening. There is an elevator and you can store you bags in the hotel before check-in / after check-out. In the lobby there are a few internet terminals and there is wifi for 5 pound (for the whole period of your stay) and fixed cable connection in the rooms. The wifi reception is very good (and I noticed professional cisco antennas throughout the building + a good integrated management system at the reception so it is managed very well). The building serves as student accomodation during the year so you can only stay here during the summer vacartion. On the positive side this means that everything is managed very well, they know what they are doing. You see mostly students working there, the security (with patrols and electronic access cards plus secured room keys) is quite impressive but does not feel like a hassle). Breakfast is served in a separate building, about 3 minutes walking and is in a very big cafeteria style, don't expect too much but it was not too bad. The price was very good (I paid about 200 pound for 6 nights / the advertised prices are 68/nigh for the cheapest room). The location is plain perfect according to me, 10 min walk to the tube station, a few bus stops withing 30 sec - a few min walking and next to the Albert hall, V&A, science museum; Nature history museum and hyde parc. I liked the location a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imperial summer accommodation provides the perfect base for exploring the many sights and attractions London has to offer.During July, August and September, Imperial’s student halls of residence are open to the public and provide great value bed and breakfast accommodation in a fantastic central London location - South Kensington, whether you are visiting London for a weekend or a longer break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Imperial College Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial College Hotel London
- Imperial College Accommodation London, England