“Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cherry Court Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Cherry Court Hotel
You added Cherry Court Hotel to your Saves list
23 Hugh Street | Victoria, London SW1V 1QJ, England (Pimlico)   |
Ranked #330 of 1,059 Hotels in London
Wainwright, Canada
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My son and I stayed 6 nights in June. Email communication and reservation were easy and timely. We had a room with a double bed and a single bed in the basement. Room was very clean, quiet and bathroom looked newly updated. Air conditioning worked well. We found the room had enough space for our things ( 2 backpacks and 2 daypacks worth) and still room to move around. The location is great - with easy access (< 5 min walk) to 3 tube lines, trains, city and long distance busses. We also enjoy the food at the pub on the corner and the convenience of having the Victoria Station mall with restaurants, shops, drugstore, ATM and grocery store so close by. Am not a huge fan of the breakfast basket, although considering they don't have space for a breakfast room it's a good compromise. We usually take things from it for snacks throughout the day and make a stop at Pret a Manger for breakfast food. We enjoy our stays at the Cherry Court Hotel and frequently recommend it to friends.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank AuntyLeo

Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We kind of enjoyed our stay at the cherry court hotel but it was seriously too small for boyfriend and I. There is no room to move and barely enough room for two backpacks (9kg and 12kg). Normally, I would not mind too much if there was a lounge to relax in a public area but there was no place to go other than to sit on the bed. If you're only using the hotel as a base ... then this place is for you.

Pros:

-Excellent location.. it is very close to Victoria station for those arriving from other parts of the UK and Paris (See tip below).
-It is also very close to the sights (walking distance to Buckingham Palace and various parks.. London Eye, London bridge etc)
-The room is spotless - it is very clean!!!!!
-There is laundry service (about 12 pounds for a load).
-You get a breakfast basket each day with granola bar, crackers, oranges, apples and two juice packets)
-The family who runs this hotel is extremely nice and pleasant to deal with (especially after a long day in the rain).
-There is a/c only if you ask for the controller from the receptionist

Cons:

-It is so small that one of us had to sit on the bed in order for other to get into the washroom
-The shower head was not very strong... it kind of sprinkles water.
-Getting a hold of someone via email is kind of difficult - sometimes, it takes a week for a reply. Further, providing a credit card is kind of a hassle (it is either fax or phone call).

Room Tip: I don't know how the other rooms are but it is extremely small. The only tip I could think of is...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Clean, comfortable beds with air conditioning and very clean sheets! (after just spending time in countries with only duvet covers over down comforters, which are lovely in the winter, but can get too hot in the summer, this is a nice surprise). Free WiFi works well. Secure area, and secure rooms on a quiet street. As other people have mentioned, the rooms are tiny, but well arranged and practical. Those who travel with very large bags may have difficulty fitting the large bags up the stairs and into the room. Those who travel with fewer bags will have no problem. Bathroom very clean, and the fruit/snack basket allows you to schedule your breakfast at your leisure- a nice touch for those used to B&B breakfast schedules. Coffee and tea are in the night stand, and there is a teapot for hot water.

Room Tip: Streetside rooms are a bit noisier, but not bad
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mommarazzi
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

There may be nicer hotels and their may be cheaper hotels in London, but after a lot of time spent researching accommodations for four, I was unable to find anything like Cherry Court for the money. Clean, comfortable, great location, comfortable, quiet, and friendly owners.

Room Tip: Rent the family room in the basement for the most room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Andy O
south wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Very affordable B&B, extremely close to Victoria Coach and Train station. Very good location.
Our room was compact but stylish and space well used.
Would look to rebook if visiting London again and has an excellent family room should we go with the children.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank welshlewis
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed here based on the terrific reviews, BUT me personally I've never stayed in London before, but I have to say I wasn't too too impressed with the small room all the way up on the 3rd floor, no elevator; maybe I'm spoiled but for almost $100USD per night, I've had better in New York City TIme Square area, for the same amount of money.

Staff were nice and location is very good to the Victoria station but a word to the wise, take the the exit closer the the McDOnalds and take the back door exit, my first day I spent alot of unnecessary time walking all over god's creation looking for this small road. SO I like to tell people exactly how to get there. Nice fruit basket in the room, pillow was a little hard though, encountered a few maintenance issues within the bathroom, owner only gave 5 pounds off, which she could have done a little better, despite the outrageous prices charged.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank tammyBaltimore_Md
Port Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

If location, proximity to attractions, service, old world charm and budget are your drivers then this is the place for you. It also helped that it fitted my family of five in there downstairs room. We were able to check in early. Proximity to victoria station for transport links was great. Proximity to the pub and Winton street eateries for food was also a plus. Certainly felt like a safe neighborhood.

Now for the slight negatives. It was a little noisy at night when our neighbors got home at midnight, the shower had mould (but I am going to put it down to being london) and the laundry is more of a laundry service that cost 11pound for a load (wash and dry). For an Australian travelling with kids who needed two loads done this was 22 pounds which is like $41 Aussie dollars. Crazy when I am more than happy to do it myself. The pillows were the worst for us but great if you love thick foam.

Would I stay again? Yes. But if it was just a romantic night with hubby and I then I probably wouldn't. But for us, our budget and our room requirements this was just right.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family