Stayed for six nights from the 24th through 30th of Dec in a Jr. Suite Room. We stayed on points 5 nights, and paid for one ($720 for the one night).
I really wanted to give this place a three or four star rating. But comparing the price (expensive) with the “5-Star” hotel classification and the accommodations, I found it just too far out of line.
SERVICE. It was always great and the best thing about the hotel. Always greeted when we came in and out; service to the room when requested, always prompt, very friendly, very professional and warm. Didn’t have food, but coffee and other requests for the room always politely, quickly cared for. Room cleaning always done early. Five star service all the way.
LOCATION. South Kensington/Knightsbridge is fine – near the park, nice neighborhoods to walk in, quiet street – very near Harrods and Harvie-Nichols, close to the Tube and buses. Several nearby restaurants and pubs. It’s not as central as Mayfair, but the Tube was quick and easy, and taxi’s quick as well. I’d prefer a little closer in on my next trip, and if you want to be closer to the thick of things, I’d recommend Mayfair. The location was still fine however.
ROOMS. The rooms are not 5 Star. No. Positive: the Décor is very ‘English fancy’ and traditional in style – which is nice, and the room size very generous. Negative: Our furniture didn’t fit the room, lighting was awful - not enough, three small room lamps in a large room, and a chandelier that hung off of a 7.5’ foot ceiling. It looked so out of place, and you couldn’t walk under of course. The “King” bed was actually two twins together. Initially the bed had separate ‘twin’ comforters. We had these replaced with a King comforter. Two lamps blew while there – fixed quickly on request by the great service. Wall trim molding was broken or water damaged in the bathroom – no touchups anywhere, and the marble trim molding hasn’t been dusted or cleaned – maybe never. The “Grand” Feeling of the décor was mitigated by normal height ceilings, poor room maintenance, and abysmal furniture size selection and layout design.
Given a choice, the poor room accommodations and very high price point, and 5-Star class – I would select something else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bentley London is located in Central London. Our combination of delightful Deluxe bedrooms & Suites provide guests with a luxurious choice for their residential requirements. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Bentley London reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Bentley Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- The Bentley London England