“Staff are helpful and friendly. A lovely hotel, we enjoyed our stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley London

Save Saved
You added The Bentley London to your Saves list
The Bentley London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 - 33 Harrington Gardens, London SW7 4JX, England (Earls Court)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #176 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Essex
“Staff are helpful and friendly. A lovely hotel, we enjoyed our stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had a lovely spacious room which was tastefully decorated with lovely furnishing. The bathroom was a good size with a walk in shower and a whirlpool bath.The hotel staff were all very helpful and very friendly. Would defiantly stay there again as it is so conveniently located with bars and restaurants a few minutes walk away from the hotel and closely situated to Gloucester Rd tube station.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Corinne S,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel. It is always our pleasure to receive comments from all of our valued guests and appreciate the time that you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

It was lovely to see that you had a most enjoyable stay with us and that you felt that our staff were very helpful and friendly.

We certainly hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Marbella
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here as part of a leisure weekend in London. Overall the hotel is nice, and the service was good. We had a small glitch when we arrived in the room, some of the tea cups were dirty, however they promptly changed us to another room. The rooms were spacious and well appointed, if not to our taste, it was luxurious in a very British sense (lots of gold, lots of marble). We didn't have time to use any of the hotel amenities, but both mornings we had breakfast in the room and it was excellent, possibly one of the best we have had. All fresh fruits and juices, we would strongly recommend the waffles and pancakes! A place to consider if you are to be located in the Kensington area. Also, must add the front staff were always on hand to get us a taxi, even stadning out in the rain on one occasion.

Dear bjm20,

Thank you for taking your most valuable time to provide us with your feedback on TripAdvisor during your recent stay with us at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel. Please be reassured that we take all of our guest comments very seriously and use them as a way to continuously improve our levels of service.

I would like to apologise for the condition that you found some of the facilities in your first room following your arrival. It is certainly not the level of cleanliness that we would want to deliver to any of our valued guests and would like to reassure you that this was an isolated incident. I am delighted that our team took the measures to ensure your comfort from that moment by changing your accommodations at the time and sincerely hope that this overall experience didn't taint your stay with us.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast at The Bentley London and would like to thank you for recommending our delectable waffles and pancakes. They are certainly a wonderful way to get the day started off on the right foot! I am also very happy to hear that you received the attentive service from our Front of House Team and I have shared your feedback with them all.

It would be lovely to welcome you back to The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as I will be delighted to assist you personally with your requirements.

Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

First off, the neighborhood if South Kensington is lovely, quiet and convenient. The Gloucester Road tube station is less that 5 minutes walk from the Bentley, and the station serves 3 lines that will take you most anywhere you need to go. We even took the tube from Heathrow to Gloucester Road station, without having to change trains. Much faster and cheaper than a cab.
The first nice surprise we had at the Bentley was that, due to last minute travel changes, we arrived at the hotel at 8:00am after a flight from Washington DC. Our room was ready and available to us at that early hour. The room was lovely and comfortable, and my daughter and I enjoyed the jacuzzi tub after long days of shopping. The breakfasts were very nice, and the service in all departments was exemplary. This wonderful hotel will be my first choice for future trips to London.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear keswickfarm,

Thank you for sending us your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at The Bentley London,A Hilton Hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you on behalf of the entire team for your lovely comments. It was a pleasure to welcome you to our Hotel and I am pleased that your first impressions upon your arrival were excellent, especially as we were able to accomodate you after a very long journey.

We really appreciate that you have decided to make us your first choice Hotel in London and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fantastic service. Beautiful furnishings! Very comfortable bed! Very friendly service. Breakfast is to you order. Very close to great restaurants and fast food stops. 10 minutes to Kensington Palace Gardens and 2 minutes (if that) from Gloucester Road Station. Opposite Grosvernor Casino.

Dear Nush G,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel. We appreciate that you have taken your time to provide us with your comments as it is always very important for us to see how we are performing.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt that our service was fantastic.

We very much hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I hav had e a fantastic day at Le Kaledon spa at the Bentley hotel today. It was absolutely amazing! I was the only client there today and I did feel like a princess. The girl that greeted me at reception was lovely, she was also the person that did my Billion Dollar Babe spa treatment. She explained every treatment really well, she was really professional. I enjoyed every moment and the atmosphere was perfect. I will definitely use this spa again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear llis79,

Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to provide us with your feedbackfollowing your recent visit to The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel.

I am absolutely delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience during your Billion Dollar Babe spa treatment. I have shared your lovely feedback with our Spa Team and they join me in thanking you for your kind feedback.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

With very best wishes,

Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

It was our first stay at the Bentley but not our first at a Hilton owned hotel. I have left it just over a week to write my review while I considered what it was fair to say because I don't think we would stay there again. We were there for a two night weekend stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had booked dinner at the hotel for our first night. On arrival we were greeted very well and our car whisked away for valet parking most efficiently. Reception staff were friendly and a member of the front of house team personally took us to our room and demonstrated all the features. We were on the top floor just a very short walk from the lift. Our luggage arrived at the room shortly after. The room was lovely - tastefully decorated, comfy bed and pillows etc. Decent sized bathroom with a whirpool bath - all marble decor and in keeping with the stle of the hotel - which I have to say is impressive in its decor and charm. As I have to manage a very large and very old building myself I will forgive them the gaffer tape holding one of the light fittings on our bedroom chandelier as I know how difficult it can be to take care of everything all at once!.

Our disappointment started when we arrived in the Malachite cocktail bar. The barman had never heard of a Singapore Sling but managed a passable (just) Blue Lagoon. My husband was happy with his Long Island Iced Tea and considering neither the Blue Lagoon or Long Island were on the cocktail menu this was fair enough. We wandered around to the restaurant for dinner and were a little disconcerted to find we were the ony two people booked in for a meal for the whole evening. I wont say I now know why because I don't know how many guests would normally eat there - but we found it mediocre in the extreme. As a breakfast room it is fine, for a romantic anniversary meal - I would say don't bother. No atmosphere whatsoever
- it was a bit like sitting in an echo chamber with comfy seats. The food also was mediocre - the main course served in plates resembling a small pond (in which our breakfast was also served). My comment to my husband was that I felt the chef and waiting staff should be sent to train at Amy's Restaurant (Gatwick Hilton) where despite being a busy and bustling open airport restaurant the food is gorgeous and the atmosphere busy but manages to make couples feel that they are in secluded and romantic setting. For proper 1st Class service the staff should be sent to train at the Caledonian in Edinburgh (Hilton/Waldorf Astoria). I don't like fawning, humble service of the Uriah Heap variety, but Gatwick and Edinburgh has friendly, welcoming and relaxing first class service all wrapped up. Maybe the chef had the hump because he could have had an early night without us but although the food was edible it wasn't good. I thought maybe desert would save the day but the Creme Brulee was a solid chewy concoction with no crispy bit on the top - it was soggy. We ordered a bottle of Rioja wine from the wine menu and it was served to us in a glass poured from behind the scenes. It didn't taste like any Rioja I have had before and my husband asked to see the bottle. We then realised, from the broken English of the waiter that he thought we wanted it as a "by the glass" purchase, but we han't said this or indicated it so there was obviously a bit of a misunderstanding. We decided to finish our meal with a French Coffee. Wow - I have never been in any hotel or restaurant anywhere of any star where they don't know how to serve a French Coffee. They came served in a brandy glass and looked like the muddy dregs from the bottom of a river.

Breakfast was ok but we have had better in B&B's and the coffee (which I drink without milk) was lukewarm. Very disappointing and in fairness the staff were friendly and helpful but we are not likely to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear reddragonlady,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel. It is always very important for us to hear back from our valued customers and we really appreciate the valuable time that you have taken to provide us with your comments.

Please accept my most humble and sincerest apologies for the experience that you described relating to the restaurant and bar during your stay. Relating to the service aspects that you have highlighted, I can assure you that the standards of customer care at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel, are taken very seriously. I am delighted to reassure you that our training programmes are continuous and we have already taken corrective action in these particular areas. I am also very sorry that the atmosphere of the restaurant was not vibrant when you dined.

I would of course like to restore your faith in The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel and would be delighted to be of personal assistance to you to ensure that all of your requirements are seen to seamlssly.

New Haven, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years most recently in June 2012. I normally book a junior suite and my stays have ranged from one day to approx. one week. This used to be my favorite hotel in London but on this most recent stay, I found the standards of the hotel to be slipping and was disappointed with my stay.

The hotel has gone through numerous management changes over the years first as a member of World Hotels, then with the Kempinski brand, then as a member of Hilton's Waldorf Collection, and now apparently as a different member of the Hilton Family.

First I will emphasize the positives of the hotel. The hotel is located in a beautiful section of Knightsbridge a pleasant 5-10 of the Gloucester Road Metro, all forms of basic services including pharmacies, a Tesco, and banks are located within just a few minutes from the hotel. You can find all manner of upscale eateries on Old Brompton Road which runs basically parallel to the hotel. There are few more pleasant sections of London.

The staff have always been pleasant and helpful and could handle most requests quickly and professionally. One exception was the midnight shift, when I tried to pay my bill in advance of an early departure the next morning, it took an amazingly long time as first one staff member and then a night manager tried to pull up my bill. I have never had this problem in other hotels. Despite this, I generally have a very positive view of the staffing of the hotel.

Additionally, the Turkish Spa available in the basement is very nice.

Despite these positives, I found the condition of the rooms and other hotel amenities to be below reasonable standards. First, I found a great many condition problems with my room: stains of all descriptions on the fabrics, woodwork and bathroom fittings loose and coming out of the wall or of the socket of the furniture. Fabrics seem not to have been updated since of the opening of the hotel some years ago and instead of colors being bright and vibrant they were instead dreary and drab (the stains certainly didn't help). My room located facing a side alley-way was simply dark and depressing. The hotel uses imitation antique furniture, which is fine except that I found several elements of the desk separating from each other.

Despite charging 15+ USD for internet use per day the signal in my room was dramatically below average to point where I could not get work done. I complained to the front desk and they did, thankfully, refund my internet charges for that day.

Additionally, because of my work schedule I was very reliant on room service. This has been a long-standing problem for me at this hotel and I had hoped it might be sorted during one of the management changes. I was wrong. The room service I tried over several days was some of the worst I have ever eaten at any hotel. It was not simply the quality of the ingredients but the taste of the food. Some dishes were simply inedible. I cannot understand how they are able to charge such high prices and produce such low-quality food other than through blatant cost-cutting measures.

I never thought I would write a bad review of this hotel, as I still feel it has great potential but management must do a better job of maintaining their property and please drastically reorganize you kitchen.

Perhaps then I will return.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Sat800v,

Thank you for having taken your valuable time to post your feedback on TripAdvisor following your stay with us at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel. We really appreciate all of our guest feedback and use this to continuously improve the levels of service offered to all of our valued guests.

I was very sorry to hear of your overall dissatisfaction during your stay in June 2012 and would like to apologise for the standards that you have described. Your comments have been shared with our relevant Heads of Department and I can assure you that, even though it has been 8 months since your stay, these will be discussed at our next monthly meeting as a way for us to maintain our standards.

I would of course like to restore your faith in The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel and should you be returning to London in the near future, I would of course be delighted to be of assistance to ensure that all of your requirements are seen to personally.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Bentley London? Share your experiences!