“Beauty in the heart of London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley London

You added The Bentley London to your Saves list
The Bentley London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 - 33 Harrington Gardens, London SW7 4JX, England (Earls Court)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #173 of 1,065 Hotels in London
“Beauty in the heart of London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at The Bentley with a couple of girl firiends on a spa/shopping break. I was so impressed when I walked in, the lobby was beautiful, and the staff welcoming. The other thing that surprised me was that it was so peaceful, just what I was looking for for spa weekend. We had a few spa treatments, the best being a proper authentic Hamam, very unusual in central London with its Stunning marble room. The hotel was walking distance from Hyde park, which we didn't get a chance to see, so will definitely need to come back for, and there were also numerous restaurants near by, which was great for the fist night when we got in. The rooms very spacious, and ornate, not everyone's cup of tea, but I loved it. The service was outstanding, and I am definitely coming back.

Stayed April 2012
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Bentley London A Hilton Hotel.

It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented our team and especially the Spa Therapists. These positive comments about our team are greatly appreciated and I have thanked them personally.

We are all fully committed to ensure that our service and product are second to none. I do hope that we can expect to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
Dorset, Vermont USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This is certainly a "find" for people looking for a change from staying at a large London Hotel. I found all the staff polite, and proactive. While not upgraded as a Hilton Gold, that was not a factor as I was given a nice south-facing room. Being greeted each afternoon during my 4 night stay and being escorted to the room upon check in was a nice plus. My room was not "tatty" as others have reported. Location is quite a factor here; as having a grocery store (Waitrose) and an Underground stop within three blocks. The staff here really try to "go the extra mile" to make sure their guests are happy, and it shows in all aspects of operation.

Room Tip: as others have said, south-facing room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read all of your positive comments about us and it truly is very rewarding for the team to see that you enjoyed your stay especially the location.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is a 5 star facility without the feel of a large hotel. Our suite was large and spacious. The living area overlooked a spacious park. The breakfast was superb and the attentive staff made one feel welcome. The location is a short tube ride to any part of London or a 10 minute walk to Hyde Park or Royal Albert Hall. We walked to a nearby pub- The Angelsea Arms and enjoyed a delicious sunny pub lunch. If we had spent more time, I'm sure I would have visited the cafes on Gloucester Road, but we were constantly visiting old friends in different parts of London.

Room Tip: Get a South facing room with natural light- always a premium in cloudy London
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
The Bentley Lon... A, Guest Relations Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, April 13, 2012

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Great hotel for a relaxing weekend!!!
The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. My partner and myself felt very well looked after.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Worcestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

It was nice to stay at an hotel with an individual feel to it and not a standard Hilton hotel for a change. As a regular at Hilton hotels and a Diamond member, this was a refreshing change for me. I stayed over a weekend in March 2012 with my wife. The hotel is situated on a leafy typical Kensington road and very convenient walk from Glouster Road Tube Station. I would estimate it was a four minute walk so it made the hotel location accessible to any place in London. It was a quiet weekend guess wise at the hotel so it felt like was had the place to ourselves. This was again I nice change from the other altra busy London Hilton hotels. We had a standard room but this was more than we needed. A very elegant room with a marble bathroom, nice furniture and the most comfortable bed. Breakfast was a simple buffet arrangement and was adequate for what we needed.
I have read reviews from others on the Bentley and albeit I can understand some views, but people need to relax more especially other Hilton Hhonors members who seem to expect perfection at every Hilton location. Sometimes it's nice to be in a hotel that feels different and The Bentley does this for me. Excellent weekend, lovely hotel, convenient for all the sights in London. So we will be back again to The Bentley and look forward to experience the charms of The Bentley again.

Stayed March 2012
Dear Reviewer,

It is particularly warming to receive an evaluation like yours and to know that our efforts to provide superior service and hospitality are being represented our team. These positive comments about our hotel are greatly appreciated.

As you mentioned, even though we follow Hilton’s standards, we always try to add a bit of The Bentley’s charm to make every occasion special.

We are all fully committed to ensure that our service and product are second to none. I am delighted to read that you will be back at The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel and I certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Swansea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I chose this hotel for its ambience and on the basis of the descriptions on the hotel's web site.
It was expensive compared to other Hilton hotels in the city, and by comparison with its sister hotels in the Hilton Group in London was a little disappointing in terms of service and the quality of some of the basic food items served at breakfast. None the less although my wife enjoyed the experience, I would not go out of my way to stay there again. It was convenient for Gloucester Road Tube, and a short walk from a range of shops like Waitrose, Boots and a Post Office.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at The Bentley London A Hilton Hotel.

I was delighted to read your positive comments about us and it truly is very rewarding for the team to see that your wife enjoyed the stay.

However, I was sorry to hear that our rates and breakfast experience were not to your satisfaction on this particular occasion.

With regards to our rates, I do believe that our fees are reasonable, these are determined by the competitive environment, location, brand and guest service we offer. As a business we constantly review these to ensure we are competitive. Your feedback is valuable and we appreciate your time and the opportunity given to improve our services.

I have shared your comment on your breakfast experience with our Food and Beverage our Head Chef who join me in thanking you for bringing these points to our attention. We are always looking for ways to improve our services. I should be most grateful if you could provide further feedback so that I can look into this to ensure it does not happen again. You can reach our team on info@thebentley-hotel.com

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This Hilton is privately owned and only a Hilton Franchise I was very dissapointed to note that you cannot get a refund or change your booking once made here.

The room was not ready when I arrived at 2.45pm last week and my only request was for a quiet room. I was upgraded, which was a nice thought to a larger suite ,but unfortunately one side of the hotel faces onto the road which meant being woken up from 5.30am onwards as lorries and other large vehicles pass by.

The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast food was excellent quality and variety but the staff had a few problems with understanding English.

Room Tip: Ask if your deposit or payment is refundable or changeable. Also request the side of the hotel away...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I was sorry to read that you were disappointed with the standard of our hotel. We indeed are a franchise property of Hilton and we believe it is important that standards are met at all times. I should be most grateful if you could spare a moment to provide further details of your experience in this matter so that I can follow this up with the relevant Heads of Departments to ensure Hilton standards are met at all times.

With regards to our breakfast staff, we do believe that at The Bentley London we have diversity among our team members to accommodate the needs of today's multilingual society. We thank you for your feedback as it is important to us and we will be using this as part of our on-going training.

On arrival, we noted that your room type booked was ready, however as we had the availability to upgrade you to the next level our Housekeeping team required some time to carry out a final check before this was made available to you. I hope you enjoyed your stay in the Junior Suite.

We offer various alternatives for our guest room reservations. The main types are our ‘Fully Flexible Rates’ which have no particular restrictions only that they must be amended 24 hour prior to arrival and our ‘Advance Purchase Rates‘ which have set restrictions such as ‘non changeable and non-refundable’.

On a more positive note, I was delighted to read your constructive comments on our team. I will share this with our team. Thank you.

We are all fully committed to ensure that our service and product are second to none. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future to ensure the hospitality you would expect from The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel.

The Bentley London, A Hilton Hotel

Been to The Bentley London? Share your experiences!