“Beautiful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bentley London

You added The Bentley London to your Saves list
The Bentley London
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 - 33 Harrington Gardens, London SW7 4JX, England (Earls Court)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #173 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Columbus, Ohio
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

This hotel was absolutely beautiful. We couldn't have been happier with the rooms, location, and hotel itself. The staff was just amazing! Everyone was incredibly nice and helpful. Although the hotel is not centrally located, it was only a short walk to a tube station.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for providing The Bentley London with such a lovely review.

The team here are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us & we are all very proud that you mentioned the staff in your review.

We are always very pleased to know that our valued guests have had a great & we are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Paul Kennedy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Greek first
Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2011

It was my first stay in this hotel, but i will back soon. Hotel is near Royal Albert Hall, where i has been on some show, near restaurants, shops and subway. Very quiet place, tasteful interior and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review! I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your first stay with us here at The Bentley London.

We take immense pride in our hotel & service & we are so pleased to read such positive feedback.

I do hope that you will consider returning to us in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed for my wifes birthday and had a lovely time. Sofia was excellent in arranging a surprise cake and also a junior suite upgrade!
All staff were extremely helpful and the room was so quiet for London!
Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed March 2011
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

I was delighted to read your wonderful review of The Bentley London!

It was our pleasure to surprise your wife with the birthday cake & bedroom upgrade.

I have passed your kind comments on to Sofia who along with the rest of the team is thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to us in the near future.

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Me and my friend stayed at The Bentley London during a weekend. And wow, what a weekend it was! I have never experienced a more friendly and service minded staff! They treated us like princesses, and fulfilled our every need. Our suite was very large, and with beautiful furnishing.
We have already booked another stay at The Bentley, and will be coming back in August.
I can´t praise the staff enough!
Marte K

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Dear Marte,

I was absolutely delighted to read your review about The Bentley London. It is wonderful to know that the team ensured that you & your friend felt so special during your stay with us.

Service delivery means the world to us & it is so refreshing to hear such positive comments from our valued guests.

I am also so pleased to know that you are coming back & if you contact me directly I would be delighted to personally take care of your any requirements that you may have.

Once again I am very grateful to you for taking the time to review our lovely hotel.

Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Speaking of my stay,

The staff was great, and very helpful, and kept providing everything I wanted, including "Le monde" newspaper in the morning. (otherwise, I am still using the Bentley long matches to lit my cigar if I want to show off :-)

However, got a few issues during my stay, but leave this for a later stage.

The room, was huge, I think it has been and still is the biggest room, I ever got in London, and at this time had close to no status with Hilton. However, I was not so keen on the room, gold was EVERYWHERE, I had the feeling to be in a middle east palace more than in an hotel.
to be honest this slightly put me off for another stay (however may go back and ask for a less shinny room).

Location is great, V&A walking distance (OK this is my favorite museum in London), but you still got as well science museum, natural science museum, Harrods -since I am lazy I will stop here-

I tried the bar, was maybe a bad day, but did not get impressed, was dark and quiet.

Now the issue points, Saturday evening around 7:00PM someone knock on my door asking for miss X (was not me, even looking back at some "Rocky Horror Picture Show" parties)
Monday morning, checking out, I was charged for 75,00GBP dinner on Saturday which were promptly removed, when there was a room number, a signature but no name.
I am sorry but any hotel whatever the case should request Room number an name and VERIFY it.
Honestly this type of issue happens 3 times last year, it seems to be a new trend, so PLEASE, always request room number AND name (if I am the legal occupier, I will not be offended) and if they do not match call the police.

I know, I will not be charged, right away, but I will have to cover this cost with the price of my hotel room.

BTW: if you are on a betting spirit, there is a casino just across the road.

Final view on this hotel:
will I stay here: Yes (but not in a "goldy" room)
will I recommend this place to a friend: Yes

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Bentley London. Your comments are of great value to us & it is so refreshing to know that the team's efforts are recognised by our guests.

We are immensely pround of our hotel & to be part of Waldorf Astoria so it is lovely to read such positive reviews about our staff & hotel.

I am very sorry that you have reported a few issues but I am glad that they did not spoil your stay. I will speak to our Restaurant staff to establish why there was an incorrect bill posted to your room but I am pleased that it was resolved on your departure.

I understand your comment about the room & naturally we hope that you will return to us in the near future so please mention any specific requirements when you book & we will endeavour to personalise your stay by allocating you a more suitable room.

Once again the team & myself thank you for your kind reiew & we look forward to welcoming you back to The Bentley London.

Norfolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

On entering this building you will be taken back in time, it is an elegant property, the hotel is one of the most stunning hotels we have ever stayed in. The staff are so attentive and helpful. The king room (507) was beautiful, the bathroom consisted of a spa bath and seperate shower cubicle, designed in marble from floor to ceiling. I had a small issue with the floor being slippery, therefore please be careful!
Breakfast was very nice, all buffet with the exception of eggs and toast, which are cooked for you, although I am sure if you prefer something else, nothing appears to be a probelm. The hotel is only a few minutes walk from Gloucester Road station which is key to traveling around the City especially for us. This is a first stay for us with Waldorf Astoria, although we are staying at The Waldorf next weekend, we are hoping to find the same cleanliness and service we found at The Bentley.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
PaulKennedy2010, General Manager at The Bentley London, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted to read such lovely feedback about our delightful hotel. It really is refreshing to know that the team here at The Bentley - London are doing the right things.

We are very proud to be a Waldorf Astoria Hotel & we are aware of the responsibility we have to deliver the finest service consistently.

I was very concerned to know about your fall but as you know we have been in touch & thankfully you are on the mend.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future & once again I thank you for such a kind review.

London,UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and both times have been a wonderful experience, with the staff going out of their way to make our stay as special as possible. This time was to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary. We were warmly welcomed by Sofia who offered us an upgrade to a suite which was enormous and luxurious. A little later complimentary fruit, water, chocolate truffles and cake were delivered to our room. I think that by comparison to other London hotels, The Bentley offers very good value for money and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much indeed for such a positive & kind review of your recent stay at The Bentley London.

Naturally we are always delighted to see our valued guests returning to us & I was especially pleased to read that you enjoyed the welcome laid on by Sofia & the team.

I would like to personally congratulate you on your anniversary & I do hope that you will consider returning to us again next year!

Once again myself & the team are very grateful to you for your kind review & we look forward to seeing you again.

Paul Kennedy

Been to The Bentley London? Share your experiences!