“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis London Excel Docklands

Save Saved
You added Ibis London Excel Docklands to your Saves list
Ibis London Excel Docklands
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9 Western Gateway | Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1AB, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
UP TO 30% OFF THIS SUMMER
Ranked #453 of 1,075 hotels in London
Ljubljana
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Me and my friends liked this hotel. Staff was really nice and helpfull, free Wifi in rooms, delicious breakfast. Rooms are clean and big enought for pleasant stay.
Hotel is located near Excel exhibition centre.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
ibisexcel, General Manager at Ibis London Excel Docklands, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Eva,
Thank you for staying at the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands during your recent visit to the ExCeL.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of our complimentary WiFi throughout.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

976 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Greek first
Haverhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I booked this hotel on a special deal as I happened to be in London and was able to extend my weekend visit. I had a full day out on the Sunday and the Ibis Excel was a nice safe and comfy place to lay my head.
The Hotel is very modern and well placed for the Docklands attractions.
I did not have the breakfast as there were a couple of coach parties at the hotel but the kettle and drinks in the room gave me a good start to the day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Mostlybytrain,
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that we met your expectations and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Calais, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I would like to thank you, especially Aida from the group reservation department who took in charge my stay. She acted very professionally by giving me the best rate and informations I needed ( Everytime I needed, I mean I contacted her a lot...)

We were 14 persons to go to London to watch the Crossfit Games ( Battle of London) in the Copper Box Arena, the hotel was ideally located , near the centre town and the stadium with the DLR. Also the view near the docks was nice for a walk.

Rooms was like I expected from a Ibis Hotel, clean, tidy,standard and comfortable and very quiet ( as I wasn't expected because of the airport and the plane crossing the sky just above the building)

As a french firsttimer in London I really appreciated, even if Breakfast was an english one, a few choice for the bread but I am not complaining, I was in england so I had to adapt myself to the local food

I thank you also Angelo who was here when we checked in, he gave us the room early! I spoke with 2 others receptionists ( I don't remember their names) and they were very available , helpful and friendly.

I will advise this hotel to friend, and if I have to go back to London I will choose this one again!

Kindest regards,

Yannick P.

Keep going that way!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Yannick,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that both Aida and Angelo and other members of staff ensured you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.
Feedback is very important to us and it is always an encouragement to receive such comments about members of staff making a lasting impression.
Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to look after you and your friends during your stay and we look forward to having you all back in the near future.
Norwich
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I paid for breakfast. Some enormous sum.
I thought that scrambled eggs and toast would be nice.
Never as good in a buffet as it is at home but.....
I put this greyish slab of scrambled egg on my plate.
I put bread in the toaster and while I waited I thought what is that awful smell?
Is it the cleaning fluid? Had the drains backed up?
I picked up my plate and yeas, it was my scrambled egg.
Into the bin and never went near breakfast room again.
No excuse. Nothing looked remotely attractive but this was dreadful.
But then it was an Ibis charging £265 per night.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in February 2014 for a concert at the O2. We didn't arrive until approx. 11pm, and at this time after travelling and it being dark, found it difficult to find the hotel! The DLR station "Custom house for ExCel" is very confusing and we found ourselves getting rather lost.

The hotel itself was lovely, with a 24 hour bar and clean, spacious rooms with a gorgeous view overlooking the docklands and of the emirates cable car. The bathroom was clean, with a lovely shower and the beds were SUPER comfy! - However, we booked a DOUBLE room and ended up with two single beds which was rather annoying.

We visited the O2 on the Saturday night, and caught the Emirates cable car - which is a very short walk away and great fun! However it shuts at 8pm so we had to find alternate transport back. The tube station at the O2 was CLOSED after the concert, not very helpful. So we caught a bus.. which took us to the complete wrong place and then terminated. The lack of trains at 12pm is very unhelpful and we ended up walking for 3 miles as the hotel was in such a difficult location to reach and public transport shuts at this time.
However the bar staff were very friendly at 1am when we finally returned to the hotel requesting gallons and gallons of water after our walk!!

But overall... This is without a doubt a lovely hotel :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Emma,
Thank you for staying at the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands during your recent visit to the O2.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you address locating the hotel - for the benefit of other readers, the hotel is located within minutes walk from Royal Victoria along the docks.

As I do not have your date of stay, I am unable to say if you were affected by the recent tube strike but the Jubilee Line operates until just after 1am Monday through Saturday and until just after midnight on Sundays. At times, however, they to temporarily close the station for entry due to overcrowding following concerts. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

However, I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and that the staff looked after you when you eventually returned to the hotel despite being allocated a room with two single beds. For future reference, we do not expect any of our guests to stay in a room which does not meet their expectations and the reception staff will be more than happy to offer a solution to an issue you have which is within our control.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I do hope we will welcome you back in the near future for another stay in a very comfortable bed.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Booked in advance so got a good rate at this new clean hotel adjacent to the Emirates gondolas traversing the docklands. Convenient for City Airport, reception staff arranged taxi for me. Good range of food in the bar for evening snack. Predictable room, comfortable bed with down topper. Would use again if leaving early in the morning.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear SomaticCoach,
Thank you for choosing the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands as your hotel prior your flight from London City Airport.
As a frequent traveller, I am pleased to read that you found the hotel good value for money and that the ibis product met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay in the near future.
Margate, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel id well placed right by the water and next to the excel. The room was clean, with the exception of a lollipop noted under the bed when we were doing our leaving ( have we forgotten anything) check but I found the bed uncomfortable and the room dark and claustrophobic as there was only a very small window. This was all the less understandable given that we would have had a fantastic view had it been bigger and lower set. Also, if you want to have a quiet lay in - forget it. It is right on the flight path of London City airport. The planes are very quiet (mainly small,jets) and they were not flying on our arrival at 9pm but they did start, quite frequently, at 7 am.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Fazmam,
Thank you for staying at the ibis London ExCeL-Docklands. Feedback is important to us and I have taken note of your comments for follow up and action.
I am disappointed to read that you did not find the ibis beds comfortable nor the size or comfort of the bedroom to your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincere apologies.
With regards, Brian Opauka

Been to Ibis London Excel Docklands? Share your experiences!