“Clean, value for money, helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse

You added Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   469-475 The Highway, London E1W 3HN, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #456 of 1,052 Hotels in London
“Clean, value for money, helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Ok let's get the negatives out 1st
• not brilliant location
That's it

However a 5 min walk down ' narrow street' and you got Gordon ramseys and sir Ian Mcceallans restaraunts both lovely.
15-20 min walk to canary wharf and I found that there are lovely restraints and two shopping malls and great scenery.

The hotel itself i got a great deal for under £30 a night the room was spacious clean and had all hotel amenities you would get in a HIEX hotel. Staff were friendly and very helpful with directions.

The limehouse dlr tube is 5 mins walk away with connections to the city centre or anywhere else you want to go.

Breakfast is adiquite all I needed for a good start. Quite English and not much selection however I can't complain as I don't each much.

The room had a great shower and great bed

All in all loved it!

• Stayed January 2013
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear ChrisM2013

Thank you very much for taking the time and the trouble to write a Tripadvisor review for Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse.

We’re extremely pleased that our hotel lived up to your expectations. Though we would prefer our location was more to your liking, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and sincerely hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

I will certainly share your comments with the team who I know will be delighted to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
New Orleans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We booked this room for 75 GBP for one night in November. I was in charge of finding the hotel and if you've looked for rooms in London, they're outrageously expensive. It looked clean and a Trip Advisor review said it was in the "shadow of the Tower Bridge". I'm thinking nearby, somewhere that we could at least walk to the bridge, Tower of London, and those sites. It absolutely wasn't. We walked for nearly an hour to reach this hotel from the tube stop that we were told was closest (due to closures for construction on the lines) only to find when we got there that the more convenient spot hadn't been closed yet at all. Not the hotel's fault, but we felt extremely lost considering we didn't feel as though we were in the city of London at all, but in the suburbs. It's in an area near/called the Canary Wharf. I hear there's nice dining, but we didn't explore that...we spent a lot of time trying to get to the parts of London we had intended to see in the short 24 hours-ish we had before our flight back to the US.

The staff were very friendly and the breakfast was satisfactory...just what you'd expect, I suppose. The bar had draft beer and several liquor/mixed drink options, which was nice. The hotel faces some kind of plant which is rather unsightly and loud.

The rooms were very clean and they had food delivery options (Indian, Pizza, and Chinese, I believe). We definitely took advantage of that after a long day of walking. I didn't feel very safe walking from even the close metro station to this hotel in the dark (and being winter, it was dark early).

This hotel is also not far from where many of the Jack the Ripper walking tours begin (maybe Aldgate Station?), so there's another "attraction" in the area. Wish I could've gone, but my legs just couldn't handle a 90 minute walking tour at this point in our trip.

A cab to Heathrow also cost us $120 for two people...for that extra $120 we easily could've booked a FAR nicer room with cheaper options (some certainly have shuttles) or easier access to the airport.

Overall, I'd say if you have your own transportation or have someone to drive you around, it's not bad considering the price. The hotel and staff are very nice, it's just the location and cost of getting to the airport. It's a scenic drive, though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Holly T

We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our location did not live up to your expectations. Though we would prefer you had a better experience, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We booked this hotel for under £50 per room. Being in central London we were expecting very little and poor customer service.
We arrived just before midday and were told we could park car and check in as our rooms were ready. Staff were helpful and friendly. We were told a couple of good places to eat in the evening and then takeaway menus when we arrived back late.
Breakfast was as advertised, busy but well managed and clean.
On checkout we were told it was ok to leave the car at the hotel until we had done all we wanted to do, so picked it up at 5.00. This was really handy not having to worry about the car.
This is a budget hotel and we paid a fantastic price. As a family with 4 children we have paid twice or tripple the amount we paid here, where the children were seen as an inconvenience and staff have been very snooty. I will definately be looking at the holiday inn hotels in future. Thank you for a lovely relaxing stay.

• Stayed January 2013
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Llucyloof

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the hotel so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the near future.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Myself and my 2 grown up daughters stayed here for 2 nights in November on a trip to London. The hotel is nice enough when you walk in, the reception is up a flight of stairs (they have a lift). The receptionists were very nice and pleasant to talk to. The room itself was not really big enough for 3 adults and the sofa bed which I had was quite dangerous when getting in and out. I was black and blue around my legs because of catching the mechanical workings getting in and out of bed. Our room looked out on to a concrete mixing depot which was a bit naff and at night the noise from traffic etc was really bad. Although the windows were closed we still got a terrible draught especially as it was a really windy, cold night on both nights. The resaurant was clean and tidy, the food was nice but on a busy morning things ran out on both mornings. Parking cost £10 per 24 hours but your car is safe around the rear of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ExLimehouse, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear RIOLADY59

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel following your stay in November. I have noted the areas that negatively impacted your stay and I will be taking a closer look these points in the hope that there are no repetitions going forward - I'm sorry that these points affected your overall stay but I am happy that the service you received was in-keeping with the service levels that we are striving for.

We appreciate that there are many choices available when it come to accommodation in London so thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express London Limehouse - we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards
Damien Le-Hoste
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel we usually stay at was not available so we booked here. A nice clean hotel with good service although not a full English breakfast there was sausage eggs beans toast and croissants which I had no complaints about. In a very good position as you can get to it avoiding the congestion charge yet only two stops on the DLR which is only 5 minutes away to the tube. Very handy for Docklands and one change on the DLR to get to Westfield Sratford City Shopping Centre. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Trevor J

It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the hotel. I am extremely pleased that our location was to your liking.

We provide a free hot buffet breakfast only. All buffet items are standard all through the Holiday Inn Express brand. We’re mindful that we do not advertise Full English Breakfast.

Moreover, please rest assured it is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Chichester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

stayed here on business for one night. Hotel is pleasant and friendly staff who had a good knowledge of the area. Breakfast was to the usual standard for a holiday inn. Only issue is the location just a bit to far out of the city centre in a run down part of London. Wouldn't want to venture too far at night.
transport links are good though with the DLR close by with direct links to canary wharf tower hill or bank tube stations .

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel .road facing room was a bit noisy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear cpfc1984

I am disappointed to hear that our location was not to your liking. I sincerely hope that this did not spoil your brief stay with us. Nevertheless, I will certainly share your comments with the team who I know will be glad to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

This location was very far from most of the tourist locations, and although it lists itself as close to the Tower of London, it is still an appx. 10minute subway ride away. The rooms were clean and staff helpful but I wouldn't recommend the location. There are hotels more centrally made.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ExLimehouse, Manager at Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear DUFFGT06

I’m saddened to hear that our location was not to your liking. I sincerely hope that this did not spoil your stay in London. Nevertheless, I will certainly share your comments with the team who I know will be glad to hear that their efforts have been recognised.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express London-Limehouse? Share your experiences!