“Worst hotel in London.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of St George's Inn Victoria

You added St George's Inn Victoria to your Saves list
St George's Inn Victoria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 Belgrave Road | Victoria, London SW1V 1RB, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #806 of 1,065 Hotels in London
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Worst hotel in London.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my wife and the service was terrible the people that work there could really use some customer service skills. The rooms are tiny we couldn't fit both at the same time while dressing, one had to wait in the bathroom. Worst hotel in London we moved to another one aftee the first night.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my mum, when we got there the staff were fairly friendly however we had to pay £3.00 extra for using a card but nobody had told us this (If they had we would have paid cash). The room was a good size, the TV was only very small and when we turned it on it didn't work we asked the man on the front desk and he said that they were being fixed next week. Sleeping wise, I struggled to get to sleep and there were lots of creeks and the shower kept making funny noises. We were placed right nest to the breakfast room and we heard an argument between some of the guest and members of staff. I cannot comment on the breakfast as we choose not to have it as reviews were not good and it was £5 per person, I was a little mad as we when we were booking we were lead to believe breakfast was included. I thought that the wi-fi was very expensive however luckily I have internet on my phone so I didn't need to pay for the wi-fi. One good thing about the hotel was on the day we were due to check out the let us leave our cases there for no extra charge and we could pick them up just before we headed home. Overall it's not the best hotel in the world but it is easily the cheapest many round the area were £200 per night, so for £49 ( plus £3 for using a debit card) you can't really grumble.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka Oblast', Ukraine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The place is rather so-so. Internet was 5 pounds per day, or a pound per hour, but the quality was good. Carpets were tired, and dust in the coners made the place look trashy even though it was clean anough. TV was just bad. Although my payment was fine - another person at the check-in was requested to pay, while he was sure the payment was already done - I don't know whose fault was that, but keep in mind this risk. Window kept sliding down and I could not fixate it. And stairs ... to many of them, - as the flight is narrow, the steps are steep - it is really annoying to go up all the way to the top of the building carrying your luggage piece yourself.
I stayed in another 3 places in central london over the last two months, and this place has nothing to offer, alas.

Room Tip: Ask for the room which is not on top floors, I never thought it would upset me - but it did. You don...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Holywood, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I'd booked into this hotel about two weeks ago, for just one night, November 8, using hotels.com portal. Wasn't expecting the ritz but expected customer care. Ha!

Two days ago I fell, badly breaking my arm, and am scheduled for operation to insert a plate. So am not able, or allowed, to travel. Medical emergency.

When I called hotel to ask about a refund I was told by a very bureaucratic-sounding man that hotel policy meant he would have to charge me.

So I called hotels.com to see if they could do anything on my behalf. Nope. Hotel policy. As it was less than 48 hrs notice, no refund. I absolutely appreciate hotels have to have policies, but please......

Moral: beware cheap hotels. I certainly won't be using this one again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Some time ago i booked a room at this hotel and then I suddenly received an e-mail the day before my stay confirming that my booking was cancelled! I did not cancel my booking. The hotel did. I called them and they told me it was an "automatic cancellation" because there was something wrong with my credit card, and now (three minutes after they cancelled) the hotel was full! I offered them to rebook with another credit card, but they just repeated that now they were fully booked. There truth is that there was nothing wrong with my credit card. My credit card was checked when I booked the hotel a moth earlier and I even called them a week before my stay to make sure by booking was ok, which they then confimred. This was a booking for my young daughter and a friend, and I wanted to make sure that they would be all right in London by themselves.
I specifically chose this hotel because they had free cancellation until the day before the stay, but I now fear that they speculate in this and use the free booking to overbook and then cancell on the guests' behalf at their own convenience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is not a luxury hotel in any shape or form of the word. It is strictly for the budget-minded traveler. Remember these two facts and you won't go wrong here. Yes, the staff is not friendly at all. They are helpful, though, it is hit or miss. Take note that most of the staff are foreigners from some other land and are not British. Many don't even speak English, except to get by. The rooms are small, tight and cramped, but adequate for sleeping. After all, what traveler lives in the hotel room. There is no a/c here, but they do have ensuite bathrooms for some rooms. Though, take note that the 'bathrooms' are basically glorified porta potties installed in the rooms.
Overall, if you're fussy about where to stay, then don't stay here. If you are flexible and believe in doing as the Romans do when in Rome and are strictly looking for a place to sleep, you should have no problem adapting here.
I haven't returned after my first visit, but depending on the budget, I may or may not do so again the future. Location is a plus here. It is within 10 minutes walking distance to the Victoria Station underground and buses. Shopping and pubs abound all around within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Staff very little welcoming. Wanted me to pay for a pre-paid room. Room was warm and did not smell good. Doorhandle to the bathroom layed on the floor. Strange insects creeping around. TV had no clear picture in any channel. Went down to have breakfast but when they wanted me to pay for something I cannot describe as a breakfast, I went out and had a wonderful one for 6 Pounds at Victoria.
In general if the staff made themselves a small effort to run a hotel according to some simple principles, the hotel could have been quite OK. For me attitude makes the difference.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to St George's Inn Victoria? Share your experiences!