I have stayed in hostels in London and all over Europe, and this is the first time that I've ever had to make my own bed on arrival. The staff I encountered were polite though.
I only stayed one night, and I found the linens cheap and drab (and towel rental overpriced), the layout of the hostel wasn't great, and the beds felt cheap and unstable.
The room (4-berth) was cramped, and the en-suite shower was tiny and not clean enough. You're better off staying somewhere slightly further out if you want comfort and cleanliness.
The locker safes were quite good, but they didn't make up for the poor furnishings and the not-great bathroom and linens.
Location was great, but that's literally all I found to recommend the Badger, unfortunately.
- Also Known As:
- Barmy Badger Backpackers Hotel
- Barmy Badger Backpackers Hotel London
- Barmy Badger Backpackers London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barmy Badger (of "The Badger") is a small, friendly Backpackers hostel in Earls Court. The Badger is unique in that we are the only hostel in London that has dogs who come in during the daytime 3 days a week! The Badger has just been refurbished during January and February 2013 which has included new bathrooms and the installation of laptop safes in a locker for EVERY guest. We have 6 and 4 person dorms, plus twin and double rooms. The price includes FREE breakfast (toast, cereal, fruit), FREE 100 mgb WiFi and all day tea and coffee. There is a fully equipped kitchen, a tv room with cable tv and book exchange, a back garden with picnic tables and bbq area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Barmy Badger Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.