I would describe Devonport House as the next satge up from a Premier Inn. We used this hotel for a night whilst going to a concert at the O2. Yes there are slighjtly cheaper ones around (not much cheaper though!), but for value for money this was very good.
It is right by the National Maritime Museum and Cutty Sark in Greenwich. Great location for exploring the area, and with good transport links for the rest of London.
The O2 is a 10 minute bus ride away. The bus(es) go from the door of the hotel right to the O2 Arena (North Greenwich). One runs all night for late finishes.
There are a couple of decent pubs nearby, and a varying range of restaurants.
The Hotel looks old from the outside in a wonderful Georgian building (the old Maritime Hospital I believ), on the inside it is quite modern. The rooms were of a decent size (unlike hotels more centraly located in London), with the usual tea/coffee facilities. There is also a bath/shower that worked great.
There is a bar and restaurant which looked OK but we didn't use them during our stay, except for breakfast - which was very good as well. Choice of a Full English or continental style food.
Note if you're in a hurry, then don't get into a conversation with the breakfast supervisor Mr Grant! A very friendly chap whose life story you will know by the time you finish your toast. In fact all the staff were very good and very helpful.
Bathroom was tired, and a bit dated. Looks like it needs an overhaul. Cracked tile on the floor etc. Worked fine though. Odd, as the room itself was very good.
Bed side lamp on one side was missing. Didn't bother us too much but was obvious!
Parking is available at the hotel, however they will add £5 to your bill. Worth noting that Greenwich is not inside the congestion charge zone, so you avoid that cost.
Note the price was cheaper on De Vere's own website, than hotels.com etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the World Heritage Site in Greenwich and steeped in naval history, Devonport House offers you the perfect way to enjoy the London buzz, without the bustle.Bedrooms: 94 en-suite, complimentary WiFi, flat screen TVs with Sky Channels, DDI Telephones, hair dryer, tea and coffee tray, iron & ironing board, full length mirror and desk space. Meeting & Syndicate Rooms: 14 meeting rooms & 9 syndicate rooms with main rooms offering natural daylight and a maximum capacity of 120 Food & Drink: Restaurant & bar, internet cafe, and a selection of hot drinks available off the coffee menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Devonport House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Devonport House Hotel London
- Devonport Hotel London
- Devonport House London, England