“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Blair Victoria & Tudor Inn Hotel

Save Saved
You added Blair Victoria & Tudor Inn Hotel to your Saves list
Blair Victoria & Tudor Inn Hotel
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   78-84 Warwick Way | Victoria, London SW1V 1QR, England (Victoria)   |
Ranked #444 of 517 London B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We needed somewhere to stay for 1 night only. After reading the reviews on here I was expecting the worst - even packed our own pillow cases as people had said they were so dirty!!! However, upon arriving we realised it was OK - the room is small but the sheets were clean (no need to use our pillow cases!). The toilet is a shared one so I guess the cleanliness depends on the other guests too but we had no problem - looks like they clean it once a day. The breakfast is cereal and toast - but for how cheap it is I didn't expect any more.

All in all, I wouldn't want to stay here much more than a night but if you just need somewhere to get some sleep and don't want to pay a lot then this will do - just go with low expectations!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
Bristol
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Firstly there are so many hotels in central London that are cramped and horrible, and so I am rating this hotel on the comparison to similar hotels. Even the nice hotels tend to be cramped.

I booked this last minute and it was the cheapest hotel I could find near Victoria (about £35 I think, for a single room - others were at least £50 and had similarly unimpressive reviews). I only stayed very briefly - arrived around 11pm and left at 7am - used it only as a stopover as I arrived in London late and needed somewhere to stay.

The room was small, and strange in the fact that it had a shower right next to the bed - the shower wasn't the best but it did have shower gel built in which was handy. There was also a sink, and a TV - though the TV pointed at the floor so it wasn't very watchable. The bed creaked a lot and I can imagine noise travels very easily but I was probably fortunate enough to have an empty room next to me. If you have anyone noisy it's probably a nightmare. I slept ok, and I felt safe. I had a window on to the road at the front and watched London wake up - it wasn't too noisy from the road or anything. There was a kettle in the room, but no luxuries at all. There was a toilet just up a few steps outside my room - I have never stayed in a hotel without an en suite so this was a first for me. The toilet needed a bit of renovation - e.g. broken toilet seat and it was really just a cupboard, but it was usable. There was also plenty of toilet roll in my room. My sheets and duvet were actually clean, and the room seemed clean (in contrast to what others have said).

The whole place needs to be modernised and it's far too cramped, but I have seen this several times with hotels in central London and to be honest I was expecting this before I arrived.

The location is excellent for Victoria and this was just what I needed, but I would only ever stay somewhere like this for a quick stopover - in fact that applies to a lot of hotels in central London to be honest without blowing a big budget. I never had breakfast as I had a train to catch before it was served so I cannot comment on this.

Reception was fairly unfriendly but again, this is quite common in London in my opinion.

Overall, it's not a great place by any means but it was ok for a very quick stay for the price considering what other similar places were charging, and a good location for what I needed. Only about ten minutes walk from Victoria.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Port of Spain, Trinidad
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We walked in to this hotel after the one we booked didn't have the room we requested.
This was a horrific hotel that leaves much to be desired. Filthy and cramped, cold and dank. I would never recommend this so-called hotel to anyone!
Words cannot describe how awful it was. Honestly...we only lasted one night. The gigantic slug that crawled out from underneath the cupboard was the final straw. Avoid at all costs!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Bridport, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

this hotel was so horrible ,every thing was dirty ,including bed ,we didnt even think of saying for the breakfast we had payed, for and felt so grimy when we left .This did teach us a lesson though to always check up on reviews ,and

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Aberdeenshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is the worst hotel I have ever seen. It is filthy and though not expensive it is not that cheap. No way would we have eaten breakfast. The man at reception seemed shocked when I said how dirty it was. Would have moved if we could get anything else. So please avoid at all costs

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I was working in London for few months tried this hotel and was disgusted to find mold,dirt,dust everywhere and even blood on walls, new mattress wouldn't hurt either ,shower pressure was pathetic aswell can honestly say would rather sleep on street than give this hotel my money avoid by all means staff are very rude aswell I asked if there was a room with a working shower I got the reply go find somewhere else to stay in an aggresive way which I felt was leading to an altercation from what I take was the owners son tht worked there so I did straight away with no refund that's how bad I wanted out ..........Hell hole!!!!!!!! Rip off!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel because I needed to be in Vauxhall for an important appointment at 8am the next day.

The room they gave me was on the ground floor right next to the reception it was small and shabby, there were marks and scratches all over the walls.
The bed post was completely broken, the bathroom was the smallest it was like a cupboard very hard to get in and out of and it also stank.
The remote to the TV had the batteries sellotaped in, and the bed did not look overly clean.
I put up with all of this because it was so important to me to get a nights sleep and be close enough to Vauxhall to get there at 8am on a Sunday morning.

But then when I tried to sleep, There was so much noise coming from reception I could not!
I think the room I was given was maybe a room they use for staff.
I asked to be moved but they said they could not move me.
I would never stay in this hotel again even if they paid me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Blair Victoria & Tudor Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!