“I felt like I was staying with relatives!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lynton Hotel London Ltd.

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lynton Hotel London Ltd.
You added Lynton Hotel London Ltd. to your Saves list
113 Ebury Street | Belgravia, London SW1W 9QU, England (Belgravia)   |
Ranked #82 of 532 London B&B and Inns
Ft. Myers FL
“I felt like I was staying with relatives!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I recently stayed at the Lynton Hotel at 113 Ebury Street in London. We arrived at 8 in the morning and the owners, Mark and SImon invited us to breakfast, stored our luggage and got out maps and guides and organized our day. Upon our return, our luggage was in our room! This is an old bed and breakfast in need of constant upkeep but the linens were spotless and the room was clean. Breakfast was cooked to order and when we left Mark and Simon posed for pictures and kissed us goodbye. The location is incredible, a 5 minute walk to good inexpensive restaurants, Victoria Station and the Hop-on, Hop-off bus terminal. If you need a budget accomodation, this is it!.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

Four of us stayed at the hotel and were very happy with the standards and service. If you are looking for a chain hotel where it doesn't matter if you are in London or Louisiana then the Lynton is not for you. It's small and a bit cramped, frayed round the edges with some quirky little aggravations but it is clean, it's ideally located, good value and very friendly. We all said that we will be back next time we are looking for a weekend in London.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

A little shabby at first look...carpet in hallway looks half done and DIY etc but room, linen, washroom were clean, breakfast not bad, location perfect, and owners friendly. Price is right for London. I'd return.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Livonia, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

The location was great. The "host" were great. The rooms sucked! Dirty, poor condition, linens were in bad shape.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Spent my last two nights in London here. Although it is a great deal compared to other London accomodations, this place needs alot of work. They are in process of painting and putting in new carpet, but I still didnt feel like it was very clean. You can also hear everything all the other guests are doing. The hosts are very friendly, but almost too laid-back - this place was inherited and like a hobby to them. The best part is its location to Victoria Station and the coach station - just a block away. However, I have stayed in many places and would not return to this one.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
san rafael, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

Thank you Mark for all your help, good cheer and dry British wit! We miss you and your hotel already and will definitely be back!

Our comedic, helpful, friendly, genuine owner and our cozy room #1 (facing the street on the first floor with NO steps to take) made our stay a comfortable and memorable one. Mark is also a very good cook!

What price would you pay for local, unbiased, friendly and engaging help by owners with genuine interest in their guests? Did I mention the price was great? Having stayed in two other hotels on the same block last year, Lynton House is by far and away my pick.

After navigating Victoria Station’s chaos, walking the short tourist gauntlet down Buckingham Palace Road to Essleston Bridge Road and then to Ebury Street with all the other frenetic luggage toting travelers, then finding Mark to greet and help us, was simply great.

Could you find a more expensive B&B with more amenities? Of course, I stayed there last year in Belgravia (hint, hint). Could you find another comparably priced on the same side of the street towards the Lime Tree restaurant? Sure, I also stayed at that one last year.

But the Lynton Hotel fits my standards of price, comfort and a friendly, caring and knowledgeable staff. And no it is not like the Marriott.

Because of the March 2010 British Airways strike, my initial Lynton Hotel reservations had to be cancelled (without a bit of fuss) and we initially stayed at the Ibiss Hotel in Euston. But the Ibiss, being further away for our purposes and like any Marriot style hotel was pricier, with a less knowledgeable staff, but yes it had an elevator.

Thank you again Mark! We will be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Köln
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2010

I definitely do NOT recommend this "hotel"! I believed all these good recommendations here and in their netsides and booked a room for 3 nighs. That was a big mistake which ruined my fist day in London.

Yes, so it was so awfully terrible that I could stay only one night (even we had to pay for a two nights) and change the hotel. In their webpage hotel promeses guietness, cleanliness and friendliness. Well i didnt get any of that. First, when we arrived, we werent sure if this is a hotel at all: there were no reseption, no one there to expect us. Then after waiting a while we got some worker to give us keys.

Hallway looked allready dupious plase. It looked messy and stinked like a paint. Whent we opened our room door, it was ok at first. Exept that they had left window open and it was fresking cold in there. I guess they didnt have any other airconditionsystem there. It didnt get much warmer after closing the window eather. It was the most terrible and coldest night in hotel, i've ever slept in! And i have experienced many hotels. And they all were cheaper that this one. Actually, i dont understand how this place can call itself a hotel. Hostel would be better.

Our "bathroom" was another thing that cant be called as a bathroom. There was just one big plasticbox in a corner of the room, that was put there afterwards. There were a toilet and a shower in about 1m2 area, so basically no room to move at all. It looked like the one you can see in boatcabins.

When went to sleep i noticed the roof where the painting which did not look so cosy anymore. Then the beds were oful asswell; my bed consisted of two old piled mattresses and sheet put on to make it look nicer. Allso noices from upstairs when someone flushed the toilet were horrible. It wasn't just the flush, but somekind of loud noice after flushing. Sounded like million rats were running around or something... (not really but sounded like that ;) ) But the coldness were the worst!

There was just one man to take care of the whole place, and could be seen. Like all many of the writers here i didnt get good impession about him. I have done customer servise work for a 6 yers now, i dont think this man knew mutch about it. He was maybe too laid back, so that he seemed to be careless. Sense of humour is a good thing but you cant treat customers like your friends. Also was he very curious and talkative that ii allready started to feel like he is trying to cover all the failings in his hotel. And he stopped to be friendly right after i told that we gonna stay only this one night. Im not gonna write his sentences here but just mention that I felt myself hurt of what he said to me.

I regret that i didnt take pictures to show you. I could recommend this hotel to someone who doesnt care about things i mentioned below. Maybe this place would be ok in a summer, but they have obviouskly not invested on customers who visit London in winter. Still, i dont think this is worth of 90£ as i got a lovely room a Lime Tree Hotel for 105£. They made our holyday there and we are very thankfull to the nice and friendly staff there... without speaking the lovely and WARM room. I can't recommend Lime Tree hotel enough!

• Stayed February 2010
markconnor, owner/ manager at Lynton Hotel London Ltd., responded to this review, April 8, 2010
I was sad to read the comments regarding our B&B and would like to re-iterate as stated on our web site that we are a small and friendly bed and breakfast located in central London . We provide clean no frills accommodation .The rooms are simple and clean. We provide tea, coffee, towels, soap , free Wi-Fi and a fully cooked hearty English Breakfast ,Our en-suites are very small ( as shown in the gallery on our web site )– we do not provide shampoo, or other toiletries or bathrobes as the guest suggested all B&Bs in London do .
I would also like to clarify some of points made as follows :1/The guests arrived at 11.30 am and departed from the hotel by 6.00pm that afternoon - they did not spend the night .2/ A decorator did open the door because he was working beside it .I myself gave the couple the keys and carried their bags to the room on the third floor, answered and any questions , apologised for the fact that we were decorating the hall way, gave them the security code to the Wi-Fi and asked if I could help in any way .3/ A little later the client told me he could not log on to the internet. I suggested he check that he had disabled some functions and then to turn his laptop on and off .After a short while I went to his room and asked if all was ok . He said that the internet was working but the heating was not .I looked at the fire and showed them how to switch the heater on .The heating in room 11 is an electrical panel heater with a thermostat which is under the sole control of the guest and heats the room concerned very quickly. 4/ The gentleman came down again and said the hairdryer was not working , I took it from him and checked that it worked -he had not realised that you had to switch the switch on the wall socket I joked with him about this ,unfortunately he was not amused with my banter . 5/ The building is old and full of noises however there are no bathrooms above the room he stayed in and no one has ever mentioned any thing about it in the pass. In some of the lower rooms you can sometimes hear a toilet being flushed 6/ We do not compete with the Limetree Hotel whose prices are around 35%+ more than ours but we do use the same laundry7/ I did charge the guest for two nights ; the reason being that just before he told me he was leaving he stood in the hallway ,whilst I told a regular guest whose luggage I had been looking after that we were full for the next three nights . The customer could of said he was leaving at that moment and I could of then re-let the room and only charged for cleaning of the room ;regrettably the room did stay empty for the next two nights .
This business is my living I believe in the saying “treat people how you expect to be treated yourself“. I have been running the B&B for 10 years ,prior to that I was a civil engineer/ construction engineer for 16 years and for a small period time a London cab driver so I do believe I do know how to be good with people ;my whole working life has involved working with people not just 6 years .
I do appreciate any comments good or bad , for example I do know explain how the heater works in all rooms .
Regards Mark Connor –Owner /manager –Lynton Hotel London

Been to Lynton Hotel London Ltd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lynton Hotel London Ltd.

Address: 113 Ebury Street | Belgravia, London SW1W 9QU, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > London > Belgravia
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi )
Ranked #82 of 532 B&Bs / Inns in London
The Lynton B&B Hotel is a small friendly centrally positioned bed and breakfast in the centre of London, sandwiched between the areas of Belgravia ,Westminster ( Home to the houses of Parliament ) and Pimilico, a very safe neighbourhood . The West end, Soho, Vauxhall Cross area, Oxford Street with its shops and most of London’s tourist attractions are all nearby. Within our vicinity you will find Pubs, restaurants, Supermarkets, post office and ATM’s just to make your stay easier. The location is also a transport hub with Victoria offering the underground, main line trains, and coaches and of course is a terminus for many of London’s famous red buses. Gatwick airport is just 35 minutes away with the Gatwick express and all of London’s major airports can be reached by coach or tube. We offer basic amenities our rooms are simple, small and clean; most rooms have small en-suite facilities, safes and a few rooms share facilities on the staircase. Each room has digital Television just in case you become bored with visiting all that London has to offer, kettle, tea and coffee and we can provide hairdryers and irons on request We also serve a full English breakfast and offer free WIFI. The Hotel is run by me and my brother Simon both born within 10 minutes from our location. ... more   less
Lynton Hotel London Ltd. England

If you own or manage Lynton Hotel London Ltd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.