“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza London - Docklands

You added Crowne Plaza London - Docklands to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Gateway | Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1AL, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #292 of 1,065 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza in the Docklands area of London for a trip to the O2 arena. The staff at the hotel were lovely and took a genuine interest into our stay. Only gripe was plane noise!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It was such a great pleasure to have you and be at your service. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands Hotel and our staff exceeded your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
Leicester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel a few times now during October 2013 whilst working at Canary Wharf.
I have to say it hotel is just OK. If I was paying for the hotel myself, I would be looking elsewhere.

During my stays I have attempted to call down to the reception (front desk), the operator or anyone who would answer the phone. I had no hot water in my room on the last visit. No one ever answers the phone. Really really annoying.

The location is not the best either, there is very little going on in the local vicinity either. There are 3 places to eat nearby (I didn’t rate any of them). Quite a boring location to stay. More of a venue for attending conferences/exhibitions at the London Excel arena. If you can stay elsewhere, I would recommend you do especially if you think this is classed as Cewntral London (believe me it certainly is not).

Perhaps the best bit is the free shuttle bus to Canary Wharf each day, however make sure you book the shuttle bus when you arrive as it gets booked up quickly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring these matters to our attention.
It was with great disappointment that I read your review and please accept my sincerest apologies for any upset and inconvenience caused due to an unforeseen maintenance fault with your room’s hot water, It was a fault with the boiler which has caused the disruption to our hot water supply and it was an isolated and unpredictable event that has since been fully rectified and corrective actions have been taken to ensure that there will be no repeat.

We aim to ensure every guest is looked after to the highest standard and ensure their stay is as memorable and unique as possible, therefore I would once again like to apologise if you did not receive our usual levels of customer service especially not being able to get hold of one of our operators.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best source of information for improving guest service and maintaining our high standards of customer service. I will personally make sure your comments are taken on board and followed up.

Once again, our sincere apologies for any disappointment caused and I truly do hope that your experience on this occasion will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

Thank you for your time in writing your review and I sincerely hope that you would give the hotel a future opportunity to restore your faith in us.
Please do contact me directly so that I can personally make the arrangements to ensure for a seamless and wonderful time with us.

Kind regards

Devon, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The room was lovely and spacious, very clean, bed was very comfortable, lovely bathroom, we booked a Junior Suite as it was not a lot more, as a birthday treat we were booked for Tea at the Ritz, the hotel got a car and driver which was £35 to drive us a nice Black Audi 6 so we arrived in style , I would recommend this hotel,The breakfast had plenty of choice, if I had to moan I would rather the bacon be cooked not so much at a time as it's hanging around and not hot, but eggs cooked to order, and everything else was fine.

Room Tip: Junior Suite, really spacious, we had a side view of Thames, Room 3014.
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive comment. Our staff works very hard to make each guest's stay is special and I’m glad to see we were successful reaching that goal for you. We are also delighted you have chosen to pass your celebratory occasion with us.
Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you once again on your next London.

At your Service,

Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Booked hotel as Top Secret deal via Last minute.com - excellent value for money, room clean & all mainly good. Limited quantity of complimentary drink sachets etc in bedroom - only one hot chocolate & we could have done with few more tea bags. We booked a double room but ended up with 2 single beds which was a bit disappointing but we did not have time to change rooms as we had to drop our stuff off & head back to Theatre ASAP. Reception staff had been very helpful earlier when we checked in so I am sure they would have helped if only we had had time to ask. Can't really fault much as for price we paid was really good value for money.

Room Tip: Room 2006 definitely has single beds!!! View to side so office/apartment blocks is your view but roo...
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza London Docklands and for taking the time to post this review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you found our staff friendly and your stay at the hotel was good value for money. I will personally pass your comments onto the housekeeping Manager in regards to the tea and coffee station to make sure is full of all the amenities you have mentioned.
May I suggest booking with us directly next time you visit us via our website so you can select your preferred room bed type and you can also choose to have a room with view as it is another room category, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience our twin room may have caused you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Docklands Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Gloucestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Technically, I couldn't fault this hotel, but the staff seemed petrified and were professional, but not over friendly. Perhaps they are used to dealing with the better class of client who expects respect rather than friendliness.
Pros
1 Excellent Location. Right over the road from the DLR.
2. Comfortable Rooms, especially the beds!!!
3. Everything you could want in the way of knick knacks in the room, such as tea making facilities, face cloths, shampoos etc.
4 A fantastic swimming pool. I got up at 6am on the Sunday morning and had it all to myself!!
5.Dockland views from some rooms.
6.One friendly receptionist (Grace?) who chatted to us about football...she was an Arsenal fan if that helps to identify her ;-)
7 Clean & comfortable rooms
Cons.
1. Vasilis on reception was charming, but seemed under pressure and immediately demanded credit card details even though I had prepaid.
2. Staff in the breakfast room were being given a briefing by the head waiter during breakfast, and they seemed petrified of him.
3. Tea had to be served by the waitress, you couldn't just help yourself to tea, as in Premier Inn. Also I had to ask for Soya Milk and I got a tiny jug full...just enough to damp my Bran Flakes, but I couldn't bring myself to ask for another.
4. All in all I had the feeling the staff weren't happy and relaxed. as they are at Premier Inn Stratford.

Room Tip: Ask for a dockside room for a nice view.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at The Crowne Plaza London Docklands Hotel on Trip advisor,

Our prime focus is to provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests without an exception so it came as a surprise to us that you have felt otherwise but please rest assured your feedback is much appreciated and shared with the team as a training tool to constantly deliver an exceptional service.
Your mention about the other services is very encouraging and a great pride for the entire team. Thank you as well for acknowledging so many positive elements about the Hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to London

Warms regards

Brentwood, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on 19/09/13. Great location for commuting to the O2 via Emirates sky ride. Fantastic views across the docks. The carpet in our room room could have done with a good clean or even be replaced and the bathroom floor tiles had bits of grout missing and even a loose tile. When you are paying this amount of money you expect to find maintenance and cleanliness at a higher standard.
My only other grievance would be paying £153 for the night then being charged £16 just to park my car for the night.
These small matters aside we had a very pleasant stay and couldn't fault the breakfast.
I would come back to stay again but please clean the carpets and also get some firmer mattresses.

• Stayed October 2013
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such detailed feedback.

There are several point that you raised about the condition of the room and I will certainly ask the decicated departments to look into this as soon as possible.

I thank you sincerely once more for taking the time to highlight the shortcomings.

Kind regard,
Mari Irazusta
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and had a wonderful time. All staff could not be more helpful and pleasant. the location is ideal away from the biz of Central London but within a few minutes of the DLR which offers a fantastic transport service. The view from our room over the water was exquisite with the skyline of Canary Wharf in the distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with A Docklands View
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Crowne Plaza Docklands and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our exceptional team is always ready to deliver exceptional service to all our cherished guests and it is so heart warming to hear that your stay went so well.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon for great memories worth repeating.

Kind regards

Guest Services Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza London - Docklands? Share your experiences!