Technically, I couldn't fault this hotel, but the staff seemed petrified and were professional, but not over friendly. Perhaps they are used to dealing with the better class of client who expects respect rather than friendliness.
1 Excellent Location. Right over the road from the DLR.
2. Comfortable Rooms, especially the beds!!!
3. Everything you could want in the way of knick knacks in the room, such as tea making facilities, face cloths, shampoos etc.
4 A fantastic swimming pool. I got up at 6am on the Sunday morning and had it all to myself!!
5.Dockland views from some rooms.
6.One friendly receptionist (Grace?) who chatted to us about football...she was an Arsenal fan if that helps to identify her ;-)
7 Clean & comfortable rooms
1. Vasilis on reception was charming, but seemed under pressure and immediately demanded credit card details even though I had prepaid.
2. Staff in the breakfast room were being given a briefing by the head waiter during breakfast, and they seemed petrified of him.
3. Tea had to be served by the waitress, you couldn't just help yourself to tea, as in Premier Inn. Also I had to ask for Soya Milk and I got a tiny jug full...just enough to damp my Bran Flakes, but I couldn't bring myself to ask for another.
4. All in all I had the feeling the staff weren't happy and relaxed. as they are at Premier Inn Stratford.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza London Docklands , a unique, contemporary hotel overlooking Royal Victoria Dock.We are walking distance from ExCeL Exhibition Centre (West) and just minutes from the financial district of Canary Wharf & the City of London. London City Airport is a 5 minute ride away & the O2 in Greenwich & Tower of London can also be easily reached. The hotel is located next to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) station Royal Victoria, which connects after one stop with the Jubilee Line, at Canning Town, into Central London or Stratford.The hotel boasts its own Meeting Success Centre, with 9 meetingrooms accommodating up to 275 delegates including a dedicated Executive Boardroom.We offer today's business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service and the latest in designer-led facilities at excellent value rates. We can't guarantee the weather in England, however we can guarantee the quality of our 'Make It Happen' service and our world-renowned breakfast buffet.The hotel houses a busy, contemporary bar and lounge and a restaurant accessable from the avenue or from the hotel Reception. The Quad Club offers guests a purpose-built health and fitness facility, with an indoor pool,jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom and the latest gym equipment Please note: opening times of the leisure club may vary seasonally. The hotel is located in the East of London - host to the 2012 Olympics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and Priceline so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands England