Booked this hotel for 1 night to see a bit of London. Its about 25 minutes to central London on the DLR and the Emirates Cable car is outside. We took the car over to the O2 and back again.
Great check in, they recognised my Platinum status and did upgrade to a front O2 view room. It was a bit on the small side but it is in London. It was clean, bed was mega comfy and I enjoyed the luxury of it.
Outside the hotel is a Tesco express and another Spa type place that sold breakfast items, coffee and take away type food. There was a couple of restaurants nearby. I never tried the swimming pool but it looked nice. It was a very strong chlorine smell though as you stood in reception.
Never ate breakfast as too busy to shop before my train home ! Grabbed a coffee at the kiosk at the DLR station. The hotel did give a free drink voucher for platinum status. The drinks were pricey and I thought £3 for a diet coke was a bit excessive.
I would stay here again at the right price. I got an absolute bargain at about £65 for a Saturday night in January.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza London Docklands , a unique, contemporary hotel overlooking Royal Victoria Dock.We are walking distance from ExCeL Exhibition Centre (West) and just minutes from the financial district of Canary Wharf & the City of London. London City Airport is a 5 minute ride away & the O2 in Greenwich & Tower of London can also be easily reached. The hotel is located next to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) station Royal Victoria, which connects after one stop with the Jubilee Line, at Canning Town, into Central London or Stratford.The hotel boasts its own Meeting Success Centre, with 9 meetingrooms accommodating up to 275 delegates including a dedicated Executive Boardroom.We offer today's business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service and the latest in designer-led facilities at excellent value rates. We can't guarantee the weather in England, however we can guarantee the quality of our 'Make It Happen' service and our world-renowned breakfast buffet.The hotel houses a busy, contemporary bar and lounge and a restaurant accessable from the avenue or from the hotel Reception. The Quad Club offers guests a purpose-built health and fitness facility, with an indoor pool,jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom and the latest gym equipment Please note: opening times of the leisure club may vary seasonally. The hotel is located in the East of London - host to the 2012 Olympics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, IHG, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands England