“Disappointed” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza London - Docklands

You added Crowne Plaza London - Docklands to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Gateway | Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1AL, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #288 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
UK
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Booked through last minute secret rooms so paid a little less, good location for excel. Rooms nice clean and airy.
Leaving before 7 and disgusted that no breakfast is available when asking for nearest place that would be able to serve breakfast between 6-7 am I was told no idea probably nowhere offered 2 croissants for ten pounds!! Despite them offering full buffet breakfast for that price at 7 am!!! Tesco metro next door so been and got 4 for a pound

• Stayed March 2013
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I regret that we werent able to offer you an early breakfast option. Please remain assured that we have highlighted this issue to our Executive Chef and he will soon be setting up an alternative breakfast option. In the mean time
Thankyou for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Milford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Wonderful hotel for anyone looking to stay close to the ExCeL Centre. The rooms were large, clean, comfortable and modern with all of the amenities that you would expect. Every member of the staff was very helpful from my phone call the day before arrival to my very last moments as I checked out. Aside from wifi being a bit expensive, there isn't another thing that I would change.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your kind comments on tripadvisor. I am glad that you were happy with the hotel. Hotel's location is ideal for a visit to the Exceln exhibition centre. I am also happy that you found my colleagues helpful during your stay. I will certainly pass your feedback about internet prices to the relevant teams. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

With Best regards

Crawley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza at Docklands for one night while attending the Playhouse theatre to see "Spamalot", lovely hotel, very, very, very comfortable bed we slept like babies. The breakfast was first class and plenty of it as well, yum yum! I used the swimming pool, sauna, steamroom and jacuzzi and it was great, nice and clean and very relaxing. The staff were very nice and helpfull, a special thanks to the young barman who made me a
non-alchoholic cocktail it was delicious, we also had a lovely meal in the restaurant, and it was great that we did not have to rush to leave as it was a 12.00 oclock midday check out. The hotel is ideally situated if your visiting the Greenich, O2 or Docklands area. The journey from central London was ok but we had to change trains several times, this was due mainly because the central and district lines were closed for maintenance but at least we know our way around now which is good for future reference. We would definately stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer
Thank you for your lovely comments. I am pleased that you found the hotel bedroom comfortable. I am also happy that my colleagues were able to impress you with their services. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

What can I say about crowne plaza London docklands, well firstly it's a very good hotel and would recommend to anyone. To start with the rooms are very nice, I booked a queen room and a twin room and I couldn't fault either of the really. In the twin the beds were nice, big and very soft (the way I like them). The view at night is fantastic with the Thames following just outside and the o2 arena lighting up the sky. The only problem with the rooms is that the London city airport isn't to far away but I only noticed one plane which isn't bad for two nights stay.
The service in the hotel was excellent with the breakfast staff helping my dad & brother, who both have coeliac disease, and got them a gluten free breakfast made from scratch. The buffet was good and had a variety of different hot items as well as your normal selection of cereal and pastry items.
With the emirates cable car outside of the hotel this is a great way of getting onto the jubilee underground line with a great view of the city if you go on a clear day. And if your not a fan of heights you could also get the DLR which is an light railway service which can drop you off at numerous different underground lines.
So overall I would give this 9/10 and it would be 10/10 if there was more to do around the area!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad that you and your family had a good time at the hotel. Yes rightly said the hotel has beautiful views of the docks and the O2. With station right at the back of the hotel you are also not too far from Central London connections too. We look forward to your next visit here.

Best Regards
West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights in March 2013 as part of a work trip.

The restaurant prices were very steep (the Lebanese restaurant across the street is much more reasonable) and the bedroom was very cold despite the heating being switched to high.

Other than that, a good hotel, which is ideally placed for the excel centre.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear reviewer

Thankyou for your comments on tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that you found your room cold and also that you found our restaurant prices high. Please remain assured that I will pass your review to all the relevant teams.
Thank you again and hope to welcome you back soon.
Kind regards
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here because it was clean, friendly, modern and most of all great value for money. The bathroom was modern and clean. For me a hotel needs to be clean and pleasent and The Crowne Plaza certainly was clean.

The location is great if you want to visit O2, Excel or East London. The whole is clean and tidy. The DLR station is 2 minutes walk away which gets you access to the London underground and DLR is covered under the Day Pass for London Underground under Zone 3.

I will defo recommend people to stay, here. I didn't get time to try out the health suite but it looked nice. The bar and restaurant looked good too,

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I am so pleased that you have taken time to share such an amazing feedback about your stay at Crowne Plaza Docklands, moreover with the cleanliness of our property as we regard it as a key to the hosptality industry.

I have passed your fantastic comment to the entire team who are delighted with your feedback. Comments like these motivates us immensely to continue to deliver the very best quality of our product.

I really hope that I will have the chance to meet you when next you stay with us as I would personally like to welcome you back.

Thank you once again for your stay and your review

Kind Regards

Nobert Ndlovu
Maldon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great that we were able to check in at 10.00 and then leave the car there the following day, hence two full days in London!! Lovely comfortable hotel and excellent breakfast. Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience on the trip advisor. Glad you liked the hotel and our services. We look forward to welcoming you again and perhaps may be next time you can also enjoy our leisure facilities that are complimentary for a resident guest to use if you wish.
M Masihuddin- Guest Services Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza London - Docklands? Share your experiences!