What can I say about crowne plaza London docklands, well firstly it's a very good hotel and would recommend to anyone. To start with the rooms are very nice, I booked a queen room and a twin room and I couldn't fault either of the really. In the twin the beds were nice, big and very soft (the way I like them). The view at night is fantastic with the Thames following just outside and the o2 arena lighting up the sky. The only problem with the rooms is that the London city airport isn't to far away but I only noticed one plane which isn't bad for two nights stay.
The service in the hotel was excellent with the breakfast staff helping my dad & brother, who both have coeliac disease, and got them a gluten free breakfast made from scratch. The buffet was good and had a variety of different hot items as well as your normal selection of cereal and pastry items.
With the emirates cable car outside of the hotel this is a great way of getting onto the jubilee underground line with a great view of the city if you go on a clear day. And if your not a fan of heights you could also get the DLR which is an light railway service which can drop you off at numerous different underground lines.
So overall I would give this 9/10 and it would be 10/10 if there was more to do around the area!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza London Docklands , a unique, contemporary hotel overlooking Royal Victoria Dock.We are walking distance from ExCeL Exhibition Centre (West) and just minutes from the financial district of Canary Wharf & the City of London. London City Airport is a 5 minute ride away & the O2 in Greenwich & Tower of London can also be easily reached. The hotel is located next to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) station Royal Victoria, which connects after one stop with the Jubilee Line, at Canning Town, into Central London or Stratford.The hotel boasts its own Meeting Success Centre, with 9 meetingrooms accommodating up to 275 delegates including a dedicated Executive Boardroom.We offer today's business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service and the latest in designer-led facilities at excellent value rates. We can't guarantee the weather in England, however we can guarantee the quality of our 'Make It Happen' service and our world-renowned breakfast buffet.The hotel houses a busy, contemporary bar and lounge and a restaurant accessable from the avenue or from the hotel Reception. The Quad Club offers guests a purpose-built health and fitness facility, with an indoor pool,jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom and the latest gym equipment Please note: opening times of the leisure club may vary seasonally. The hotel is located in the East of London - host to the 2012 Olympics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands England