“Simple lunch - great service” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza London - Docklands to your Saves list
Booking.com Priceline.com
Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Gateway | Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1AL, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #258 of 1,071 hotels in London
Leeds
“Simple lunch - great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was a simple bar lunch. We were 4 business folk from Siemens and NG Bailey who had visited The Crystal next door. Yet Abu Thomas and his team did us a great job - attentive, helpful yet discreet. I'd go back there after every visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking time out to review us. I am overwhelmed with your feeback. I will pass your encouraging comments to the restaurant team and in particular my colleagues the names of whom you have mentioned.
We look forward to hosting you and your colleagues again soon.

900 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Ilford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here last night for one night with the Mrs. Got a bit lost using my useless satnav. However the parking was a bit confusing as you have the CP car park right next to the Excel Car Park. The CP car park tarrif seemed seriously overpriced so I opted for the Excel car park which was still quite dear!
We came in through the rear entrance into the lobby which was very nice. The pool was was to one side (quite tempted to go in) and restraunt was on the other. The staff were freindly enough. There was supposedly a wedding going in the hotel so we were offered a twin room as opposed to a double, because the double was near where the function was and they might disturb us. We opted for the double as a twin room doesnt exactly cut it for a for a young couple looking for some quality time.
There was a lot of people going in and out. The corridors were nice and clean. The room was nice and spacious. Very nice design and colour scheme. Immediately felt at home.
Ordered some room service. Not too impressed. Food was slightly cold and my grilled duck was way too chargrilled! It all was a bit disappointing to be honest for a 4 start hotel.
Later the wedding was in full swing and we had to bear with some loud music and shouting until we called the reception to do something. This was after midnight as well. So annoying. Eventually they stopped but my wife was so annoyed at this point. It took her ages to get some sleep.
We decided to give breakfast a go. Definately better than dinner the previous night.
End of the day the food for us was the biggest let down. The noise from the wedding didnt help things either...The room was the saving grace, it was lovely, we didnt want to leave....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer

Thank you for your review. I am grateful that you have detailed your experience for us. I would like to apologise to you that your room service order wasn't to our standards. I will make sure the Head Chef and his team gets this feedback. I also regret that you and your partner were disturbed due to a wedding that was taking place in the hotel. Once again I will pass your comment to our events management team as an area that we can improve in. I am however pleased that you found the bedroom comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you here again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed in the Crowne Plaza for 8 nights in January while briefly working in London.

Given the rate for the rooms, there are certain things I would expect to be included, mainly high speed wireless internet and breakfast to be included. This was not the case, with breakfast being an additional ten pounds per day and wireless internet over two hours being fifteen pound. These are included as standard in moat business hotels.

The hotel itself was spotlessly clean and the people serving around breakfast time were very pleasant and helpful. The same could not be said for those working in the bar in the evenings. I ate there numerous times during my stay and had to ask for menus multiple times and felt that I was inconveniencing the staff by asking for anything.

The shuttle bus to Canary Wharf is a nice touch but sometimes this can be full as the van only sits 8. This should be booked in advance.

Overall a relatively nice stay but the lack of breakfast and high speed internet being included as standard in a hotel that caters for mostly business clientele was, in my opinion, below expectations

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your valued feedback. I am grateful for your suggestions. I will pass these to the relevant departments. I have also taken notes of your comments about the breakfast and dinner services. Please remain assured that I will communicate these to the teams. Also thank you for mentioning about our courtesy shuttle service to the Canary Wharf that runs every twenty minutes in the morning hours.
Thank you again for your review I hope to welcoming you again for an improved experience soon.

Kindest regards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here last October when my husband was attending an event in the O2 for 3 days. It was a great location because my husband could walk to and from in less than 5 minutes. It is a very quick walk to the DLR which allowed me to get into central London quickly.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you and your husband chose to stay with us. Yes the DLR station is very convenient and so is the cable cars just across the hotel as the latest means to travel to O2 with.
Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in London soon.

Fife
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked twin room and it was spacious for London. There is meant to be complimentary still & sparkling water, although only still bottle was there.
Had to fight hard to get breakfast included, even although my booking stated "complimentary breakfast buffet" on hotel description. Eventually this was granted but I really did have to stand my ground to achieve it. Waitress at breakfast was wonderful, very cheerful and polite - just what you want to start your day. A good selection for breakfast.
The aircon had a dripping/clicking noise which drove me mad and I eventually had to switch off during the night.
There is only 1 pillow each. You can phone for extras, but why not put them in the wardrobe like most other hotels?
The Emirates chairlift is just across the road and takes you right to the O2 - a nice experience in itself.
Concierge were very helpful in organising taxis and luggage.
If they sorted the small points out then I'd have marked them 4/5 (very good), but at £190 a night then I expect a higher level of detail in which case, they only deserve "Average" rating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. I am grateful four your valued suggestions. I have taken them on board and forwarded it to the relevant teams. I sincerely regret that there was a confusion about your inclusive breakfast and it took a while to resolve this at your check in. As far as the airconditioning noise is concerned I am very sorry to hear these. Could you please forward me the room number at mohammad@crowneplazadocklands.co.uk so I can have the room checked with our maintenance team. I am however also pleased that you found the team and service in the breakfast room and concierge team friendly and to your liking. I will pass this on to them personally. Once again thank you for taking the time out to give us a feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kindest Regards
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great hotel in a top location. The staff care. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Out of town but well worth the easy ride on the DLR. Compares really well with Canary Wharf hotels and much better than City centre.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and also that you liked the location. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Surrey, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights. Drove to the hotel which was very easy to get to and has a paid (half regular price) car park which you can pay as add on to your hotel bill. Check in was exceptionally friendly and helpful as was reception throughout.
Easy access to the South Bank via the Emirates ski lift across the Thames or of course Tube if you prefer or coming back later at night.
Spa was fantastic well equipped, staff very helpful - I didn't use the gym area but lots of people did seemed very popular.
We ate in the hotel one evening , service was slow but that was no issue for us and the food was worth waiting for - it was really good.
Room was well equipped clean and housekeeping were most helpful for extra coffee etc
There are also a couple of shops nearby - minute walk - one is a Tesco Extra if you need to get snacks for a day out or travel with kids and need any extras
All round I really couldn't fault it for us it had everything we needed and the service was great, friendly and informative .

Room Tip: We were overlooking the car park but hotel very well insulated so no noise at all and great black ou...