Stayed here last night for one night with the Mrs. Got a bit lost using my useless satnav. However the parking was a bit confusing as you have the CP car park right next to the Excel Car Park. The CP car park tarrif seemed seriously overpriced so I opted for the Excel car park which was still quite dear!
We came in through the rear entrance into the lobby which was very nice. The pool was was to one side (quite tempted to go in) and restraunt was on the other. The staff were freindly enough. There was supposedly a wedding going in the hotel so we were offered a twin room as opposed to a double, because the double was near where the function was and they might disturb us. We opted for the double as a twin room doesnt exactly cut it for a for a young couple looking for some quality time.
There was a lot of people going in and out. The corridors were nice and clean. The room was nice and spacious. Very nice design and colour scheme. Immediately felt at home.
Ordered some room service. Not too impressed. Food was slightly cold and my grilled duck was way too chargrilled! It all was a bit disappointing to be honest for a 4 start hotel.
Later the wedding was in full swing and we had to bear with some loud music and shouting until we called the reception to do something. This was after midnight as well. So annoying. Eventually they stopped but my wife was so annoyed at this point. It took her ages to get some sleep.
We decided to give breakfast a go. Definately better than dinner the previous night.
End of the day the food for us was the biggest let down. The noise from the wedding didnt help things either...The room was the saving grace, it was lovely, we didnt want to leave....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza London Docklands , a unique, contemporary hotel overlooking Royal Victoria Dock.We are walking distance from ExCeL Exhibition Centre (West) and just minutes from the financial district of Canary Wharf & the City of London. London City Airport is a 5 minute ride away & the O2 in Greenwich & Tower of London can also be easily reached. The hotel is located next to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) station Royal Victoria, which connects after one stop with the Jubilee Line, at Canning Town, into Central London or Stratford.The hotel boasts its own Meeting Success Centre, with 9 meetingrooms accommodating up to 275 delegates including a dedicated Executive Boardroom.We offer today's business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service and the latest in designer-led facilities at excellent value rates. We can't guarantee the weather in England, however we can guarantee the quality of our 'Make It Happen' service and our world-renowned breakfast buffet.The hotel houses a busy, contemporary bar and lounge and a restaurant accessable from the avenue or from the hotel Reception. The Quad Club offers guests a purpose-built health and fitness facility, with an indoor pool,jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom and the latest gym equipment Please note: opening times of the leisure club may vary seasonally. The hotel is located in the East of London - host to the 2012 Olympics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, getaroom.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands England