I stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Docklands for 1 night for my boyfriends birthday. Upon my arrival, The smell of chlorine from the spa hit me so hard, it is extremely strong and even travelled the floor we were staying on.
I was greeted by the rude receptionist who had asked me to pay £50.00 deposit by card, I told him I would prefer to pay cash and I was advised before my stay that I could pay cash. He completely ignored me and I felt he was rude.
I checked into my room- it was spacious and the bathroom was lovely. There was only ONE robe on the bed, when it was a double room for two. Also, the heating did not work and had to wait for someone from maintenance to come fix it. This was not ideal especially due to the recent freezing weather. Eventually, it was fixed but it did not meet my expectations. Another issue I had, was at 1030am the maid charged into my room without knocking properly, even though it clearly states that its 12pm checkout.
All in All, my experience was not the best but luckily, my boyfriend enjoyed the weekend, that was the main aim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza London Docklands , a unique, contemporary hotel overlooking Royal Victoria Dock.We are walking distance from ExCeL Exhibition Centre (West) and just minutes from the financial district of Canary Wharf & the City of London. London City Airport is a 5 minute ride away & the O2 in Greenwich & Tower of London can also be easily reached. The hotel is located next to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) station Royal Victoria, which connects after one stop with the Jubilee Line, at Canning Town, into Central London or Stratford.The hotel boasts its own Meeting Success Centre, with 9 meetingrooms accommodating up to 275 delegates including a dedicated Executive Boardroom.We offer today's business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service and the latest in designer-led facilities at excellent value rates. We can't guarantee the weather in England, however we can guarantee the quality of our 'Make It Happen' service and our world-renowned breakfast buffet.The hotel houses a busy, contemporary bar and lounge and a restaurant accessable from the avenue or from the hotel Reception. The Quad Club offers guests a purpose-built health and fitness facility, with an indoor pool,jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom and the latest gym equipment Please note: opening times of the leisure club may vary seasonally. The hotel is located in the East of London - host to the 2012 Olympics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands England