“Friendly and clean” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza London - Docklands

You added Crowne Plaza London - Docklands to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Gateway | Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1AL, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #288 of 1,066 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wivenhoe, United Kingdom
“Friendly and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed for 1 night over the Christmas holidays. Hotel was extremely clean and our room was spacious and newly decorated. Staff friendly and helpful. A good selection at the buffet breakfast - hot and cold food. Good location for getting to O2 and into central London. Swimming pool and spa was immaculate and helpful being able to borrow towels at no extra cost. Would visit again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Ms Christine B

Thank you for your comments on the tripadvisor. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here during Christmas. Thank you for mentioning that you found the staff helpful and friendly. I have also taken notes of your comments about the breakfast food and the Spa service. I will pass it to both the morning team and the leisure teams here. Yes, the hotel's location is superb with great views of the Docklands and is very handy for a visit to the O2 if needed. I look forward to seeing you here again.

M Masihuddin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 1 night as we were flying out early the next day. We had a very good experience, with a quiet room, on site taxi company for traveling to the Airport and quality service when needed. A great option if looking for an Airport Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that you chose us to say with us during your recent stay before your early morning flight. I am pleased to hear that you found the hotel room and services comfortable.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind regards
Uffculme, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Recently returned from a stay at this hotel. Booked through 'hoteldirect.co.uk' 18 days before and even emailed this hotel direct to confirm my booking details which they confirmed 10 days before my stay.
Arrived to be told "all double rooms, booked, the hotel is full because of the boatshow. I can offer you a twin room?" When I enquired why as I had booked a double??? I was told "sometimes with online bookings by the time the booking request is received by us it is too late to guarantee a double" When I explained to the receptionist that I had actually received an email from 'Crowne Plaza' Docklands 10 days before my arrival confrming my booking details stating a double room" she just shrugged her shoulders and said 'sorry, its a nice twin room" !
On a more positive note the hotel and our 'twin room' was clean, staff pleasent and helpfull, food in the brasserie was fine, ice maker didn't work on the 4th floor and our bathroom was very dark -too dark to see properly to put on make-up or shave? The bottom line is if they had told me they did not have a double room in their email, I wouldn't have booked !!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your original room request wasn't honoured at check in. I also would like to apologise that the team couldnt offer you a better alternative room. Please remain assured that I have forwarded your comments to both the reservations team and the front desk team to look into.
In the mean time I thank you for your feedback and I also request you to give us another opportunity to prove that we can overcome our shortcomings.

Penarth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Attended the London Boat Show at the Excel centre and Clipper Challenge venue in St Katherine's Dock last weekend. Originally staying for one night but stayed another night so I could explore the area further - there's so much to see and do. From arrival, made extremely welcome. I too was upgraded into a fabulous room. Hotel facilities spot on and all the staff extremely friendly, courteous and highly professional. Specifically would like to mention Kelly who appeared to be working for the duration of my stay!! Nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely return when next in London and needing somewhere to stay. A huge thank you to all the Team for making my weekend so enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay here and you found the area worth exploring. I am glad that you also found the services and the hotel spot on. I will pass your regards to the member of the front office team member personally.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed in feb 2012 for a birthday treat and it was perfect. Polite hotel staff and very helpful, booking transport etc and helping with directions. Very clean rooms, nice views and good bar. Overall it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely comments. I am pleased to know that you were happy with our rooms and the bar. I see it's been a while since you stayed with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This flying visit got off to a great start when I was checked in by the very friendly and helpful Samia Harwood, who advised me that I had been upgraded to an ever better room, even though I was already on a really cheap deal booked via lastminute.com the previous month.
The room, (on the second floor, facing a building beside the hotel), was spotlessly clean with all the facilities you'd expect from a four star hotel. The bed was huge and comfortable, and the bath was really good too. The mini bar was stocked, and when it was time to go to sleep, the room was very dark and peaceful, apart from the odd screaming reveller outside !
In the morning, the room-service cooked breakfast was plentiful and delicious. My only minor gripes here were that the breakfast arrived about 5 minutes after the 15 minute slot I had selected had ended; also, there were no preserves to go with the toast and butter - some orange marmalade would have been ideal.
Any staff I walked past in the hotel corridors politely acknowledged me, often in a friendly manner - which was nice.
On leaving the hotel, it's about a two minute walk to the new cable car which ascends up to 290 feet high above the River Thames, before descending to North Greenwich, near the O2 Arena.on the other side of the Thames. Views from the cable car include the Olympic Stadium, the Thames Barrier, Canary Wharf, and the Docklands Airport. It was a quite handy, and very enjoyable way to connect with the Jubilee tube line at North Greenwich, on my way back to Waterloo station.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have views of Victoria Dock. The higher the better in terms of view...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your lovely comments. I have noted my colleagues name as you mentioned I will share this with her. I am pleased to know that you liked the hotel and also that you found the bedroom comfortable. I have also communicated your feedback about your breakfast to our restaurant team to be looked into. In the mean time I am grateful for your review and I look forward to welcoming you here again soon.
Kind Regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks. I had a "VIP" treatment because a colleague of mine referred me. There is a free shuttle service to Canary Wharf, which is where I worked at the time, you only needed to reserve a spot at the frontdesk the day before, there are only 6 spots per time slot (they run every 30 minutes till noon). I had breakfast there once and it was ok. The rooms I've stayed in were very nice and clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Anthony Sean

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an encouraging feedback on your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Docklands. Your comments have been passed on to the rest of the team who am sure are very pleased with your appreciation of our hotel.

We pride ourselves on personal service, cleanliness, attention to detail and guest satisfaction by exceeding our customers expectations.

I hope to welcome you back in future for when your travel brings you here.

Thank you once again for such a great feedback.

Kind Regards

Nobert Ndlovu
Guest Services Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza London - Docklands? Share your experiences!