“Good rooms; good location.” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza London - Docklands to your Saves list
Booking.com Priceline.com
Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Gateway | Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1AL, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #258 of 1,071 hotels in London
Stuttgart, Germany
“Good rooms; good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

No complaints about the rooms; great linens and amenities. Not happy about having to pay for internet service--free wireless should be included in my opinion. Well stocked bar, great breakfast, and solid customer service. Fairly easy access to Tube station via bus that picks up out front. Good price considering proximity to central London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for you comments on the tripadvisor. I am pleased that you found the hotel location and services to your satisfaction. I look forward to seeing you again. Please note, while there is a train station immediately at the back of the hotel only three mins walk away Royal Victoria occasionally there are rail works during the weekend when there is a replacement bus service operated from the next nearest station Canning Town to the hotel.
Thank you again.

902 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I recently was there for six nights, on the fifth floor, dockside. The lobby is small and does not have a sitting area - you would need to go to the bar just off the lobby. The room was adequately sized, with a King bed and a fold out sofa. I was disappointed that the room did not have a safe, but I did not ask for one - not sure if they are available. The bathroom has very poor lighting, which is exacerbated by the black tile floor, wall, and tub exterior side. Who decorates a bathroom in black? There are two recessed halogen lights - one over the tub, one over the sink, but it is impossible to see much of anything. If I were a woman putting on makeup, it would have been difficult. My room came with a discounted breakfast (10 GBP vs 16). I had to pick up a voucher each morning on my way to the restaurant - I thought that was somewhat rinky dink. I found the service in the restaurant to be very good each morning. the staff were attentive and prompt. I was not impressed with the food offering. It was the same every day. You could order eggs/omelettes, but no french toast, pancakes, or waffles were available. My room was reasonably quiet and clean. It is a short walk to the DLR or sky tram to the O2. It is also a short walk to the Excel Centre. While the hotel was good, I felt that for the price (about 120 GBP/200 USD), it should have been a bit better.

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am grateful for your detailed feedback as it helps us to identify the areas we need to concentrate on in order to ensure guest satisfaction. I am pleased that you found the hotel overall decent. Please remain assured that I have taken your comments about our bathroom lighting on board and have communicated to the relevant teams. Also I would like to apologise that it wasn't explained to you correctly and the breakfast vouchers should have been given altogether. And finally I will communicate your feedback about additions in our breakfast menu to the Chef to look into. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very clean and pleasant modern hotel with good views over Canary Wharf. Facilities very modern and up to date with a good pool and leisure club, nice bar and restaurant with good range of food. Very good locations. Good for business or leisure travelers.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Services Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share wonderful experience of your recent stay at Crowne Plaza London Docklands.I will certainly pass your feedback to the team who would be delighted to hear this.

I am so very pleased that you had such a memorable stay with us where you enjoyed the entire layout and cleanliness of our property. Please also note I and my team are always at your service to make your stay with us very comfortable and memorable.

We all look forward to having your staying with us again and assure you another memorable trip.

Kind Regards

Nobert Ndlovu
Guest Services Manager
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

During my 4 nights at the crown plaza I was put up on the 5th floor facing Victoria dock. The room is a good size, a decent TV, clean bathroom. Facing the dock, you can expect a bit of wind, and a bit of aircraft noise due to the close proximity of London City Airport. The floor to ceiling window is sealed and cannot be opened, the problem though is the air vent does not seal, therefore the wind howling through the vent is significant coupled with aircraft taking off and landing dont expect to take a power nap during the day. Those rooms facing the DLR track should offer a more slumber experience. Breakfast was included, good selection of cereals, pastry and full English breakfast. The waiters and waitresses lacked attention, I was seated but wasn't offered a hot drink. I politely hailed a passing waiter and asked for tea, he was not over enthusiastic, although he returned promptly, he grabbed my mug from across the table with 3 fingers, his thumb on the outside and two fingers on the inside may be he didn't see the handle. Not the most hygienic way to serve tea in this country. Remember to pack a tooth brush since this is not provided despite coughing up £150 per night for a room. Home in time for NY thank goodness!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Assistant Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you kindly for your constructive feedback. Your care to make us aware of the shorfalls is much appreciated as we take feedback very seriously.

Our rooms are very comfortable as you mention and the quietness does depend on the location of the room.

In regards to your breakfast experience I have passed your comments onto the department head to be cascaded down. I certainly understand that it is not to our standard the service you received and I apologise sincerely.

On the other hand, in regards to toothbrushes and other toiletries that are forgotten sometimes, we offer them upon request. There is a note in the bathroom to this effect. I am sure next time we can help make your stay more comfortable.

I thank you one more time for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Mari Irazusta
Assistant Front Office Manager
Kent, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

If you book to stay at this hotel do not accept a room on the 2nd floor unless you dont need to sleep until 2 am.
Poor check in.... I asked for a quiet room and we were placed above the function rooms which had parties on until the early hours. Not good when you need to get up for work at 6.30am.
Poor service.... Lied to and brushed off when we tried to complain and be moved.... We're told our neighbours had already checked out because of the noise and we could too!!
poor resturant service..... Waited for 20 minutes to be seated in a near empty restaurant.
Thin walls.... Could hear the next rooms talking
Coffee, milk and toiletries not replenished on 2nd night of our stay

Bed was comfortable and side view was great.... Bath was big and bathroom nice. Room looked very nice on arrival.

Overall we spent an excessive amount of money for this hotel as we wanted a goodnight sleep ....and we did not get it.

Extremely dissapointed even after the proportionally small "discount" given on the bill which was honestly not worth the argument that was had to get it.....we did not get what we paid for we should not have had to pay so much.

Badly handled by crowneplaza .....these comments were made directly to the hotel before this
Post but no apology was received

You will have a better experience im sure if you do not accept the2nd floor rooms

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback. I would like to apologise to you as I see that you were inconvenienced due to noise from our function room during your stay here in Christmas and I also regret that there wasn't an alternative room option offered to you due to hotel's high occupancy. I also read with concern that your complaint wasn't handled efficiently. I also am disappointed to know that you have had to wait in the restaurant before being offered assistance. I also have noted your mention about room tea and coffee not being replenished on your 2nd night of your stay Dear guest, I am grateful that you have highlighted these areas and please remain assured that I will be communicating each of these comments to the relevant teams in order to avoid a recurrence of anything similar.
Duty Manager
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Mine experience might be a one off one but i list them out:
Heating did not work in sub zero degrees, only did when you leave the room. it was probably allergic to human beings, who knows

key card hardly worked, i thot i was in the wrong room

called someone to fix the heating, but never came and had to go down myself to get a mini heater.

staff were friendly however.

room was linked to anotha as a door was separating the two rooms ad i could hear the couple laugh..and so on...
overall disappointed for the price....
breakfast was good tho.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you had an uncomfortable night during your stay here recently due to heating not working in the room. I would like to apologise to you for the inconvenience this caused. I am also sorry to hear that your key didn't work properly and also to know that that you found your room noisy as it had an interconnecting door to another room.
Ms Harriett I would appreciate if you could kindly get in touch with us directly at your earliest conveninece as I would like to know more about your stay and hopefully rectify the shortcomings.

Kindest Regards
Mohammad Masihuddin
Guest Services Manager
northants
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for a concert I attended at the 02 and it was OK. The rooms were nice with a comfortable bed but the price for drinks in the bar were very expensive. Didnt like the £16 car parking charge when they had a big empty car park and I'd paifd the standard room rack rate.

Breakfast was average but £20 for a buffet help yourself English breakfast is very expensive but the scrambled eggs were good.

Just because they are in a central position, they shouldnt sit on their laurels and not sure if I'd go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your valued feedback. I will ensure that your comments regarding prices in the bar and the car park charges get communicated to the relevant teams. I am happy otherwise that you found the hotel location suitable and also happy that you were comfortable in the room.
We look forward to serving you again.

Guest services Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza London - Docklands? Share your experiences!