I recently was there for six nights, on the fifth floor, dockside. The lobby is small and does not have a sitting area - you would need to go to the bar just off the lobby. The room was adequately sized, with a King bed and a fold out sofa. I was disappointed that the room did not have a safe, but I did not ask for one - not sure if they are available. The bathroom has very poor lighting, which is exacerbated by the black tile floor, wall, and tub exterior side. Who decorates a bathroom in black? There are two recessed halogen lights - one over the tub, one over the sink, but it is impossible to see much of anything. If I were a woman putting on makeup, it would have been difficult. My room came with a discounted breakfast (10 GBP vs 16). I had to pick up a voucher each morning on my way to the restaurant - I thought that was somewhat rinky dink. I found the service in the restaurant to be very good each morning. the staff were attentive and prompt. I was not impressed with the food offering. It was the same every day. You could order eggs/omelettes, but no french toast, pancakes, or waffles were available. My room was reasonably quiet and clean. It is a short walk to the DLR or sky tram to the O2. It is also a short walk to the Excel Centre. While the hotel was good, I felt that for the price (about 120 GBP/200 USD), it should have been a bit better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Crowne Plaza London Docklands , a unique, contemporary hotel overlooking Royal Victoria Dock.We are walking distance from ExCeL Exhibition Centre (West) and just minutes from the financial district of Canary Wharf & the City of London. London City Airport is a 5 minute ride away & the O2 in Greenwich & Tower of London can also be easily reached. The hotel is located next to Docklands Light Railway(DLR) station Royal Victoria, which connects after one stop with the Jubilee Line, at Canning Town, into Central London or Stratford.The hotel boasts its own Meeting Success Centre, with 9 meetingrooms accommodating up to 275 delegates including a dedicated Executive Boardroom.We offer today's business and leisure travellers dependability, friendly service and the latest in designer-led facilities at excellent value rates. We can't guarantee the weather in England, however we can guarantee the quality of our 'Make It Happen' service and our world-renowned breakfast buffet.The hotel houses a busy, contemporary bar and lounge and a restaurant accessable from the avenue or from the hotel Reception. The Quad Club offers guests a purpose-built health and fitness facility, with an indoor pool,jacuzzi, sauna, steamroom and the latest gym equipment Please note: opening times of the leisure club may vary seasonally. The hotel is located in the East of London - host to the 2012 Olympics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Venere, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Expedia, Priceline, EasyToBook and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Docklands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands Hotel London
- Crowne Plaza London - Docklands England