“Not great” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza London - Docklands

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza London - Docklands to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Gateway | Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1AL, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #241 of 1,073 hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Mine experience might be a one off one but i list them out:
Heating did not work in sub zero degrees, only did when you leave the room. it was probably allergic to human beings, who knows

key card hardly worked, i thot i was in the wrong room

called someone to fix the heating, but never came and had to go down myself to get a mini heater.

staff were friendly however.

room was linked to anotha as a door was separating the two rooms ad i could hear the couple laugh..and so on...
overall disappointed for the price....
breakfast was good tho.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you had an uncomfortable night during your stay here recently due to heating not working in the room. I would like to apologise to you for the inconvenience this caused. I am also sorry to hear that your key didn't work properly and also to know that that you found your room noisy as it had an interconnecting door to another room.
Ms Harriett I would appreciate if you could kindly get in touch with us directly at your earliest conveninece as I would like to know more about your stay and hopefully rectify the shortcomings.

Kindest Regards
Mohammad Masihuddin

977 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
northants
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here for a concert I attended at the 02 and it was OK. The rooms were nice with a comfortable bed but the price for drinks in the bar were very expensive. Didnt like the £16 car parking charge when they had a big empty car park and I'd paifd the standard room rack rate.

Breakfast was average but £20 for a buffet help yourself English breakfast is very expensive but the scrambled eggs were good.

Just because they are in a central position, they shouldnt sit on their laurels and not sure if I'd go back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your valued feedback. I will ensure that your comments regarding prices in the bar and the car park charges get communicated to the relevant teams. I am happy otherwise that you found the hotel location suitable and also happy that you were comfortable in the room.
We look forward to serving you again.

Guest services Manager
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed in that hotel last year. We liked the room especially it was with the beautifull view to the river on the high floor. The staff was really kind and helpfull. I ordered dinner into the room, the service was fast but i was disappointed with the food which was overcooked so i didnt even eat it :(
The next day we visited bar, i liked the atmosphere there and beatifull design.
I was really happy with our stay in Crowne Plaza Docklands and will visit it again :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear reviewer

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you found your room good and also liked the view. I regret that the room service dinner didn’t meet your expectations. Please remain assured that we have forwarded this feedback to our kitchen team. Having said that we look forward to seeing you again.

Kindest regards
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Currently staying at this hotel. My experience.. the hotel room is perfectly functional, clean and meets the needs of a business visitor. I'm only giving it an average rating because of my experience in the bar. I've had dinner there for the last two nights. On the first night, I was served the wrong food - the person I was with had finished their meal by the time my correct meal was given to me.. I had to ask for the table to be cleared, despite the fact that a drinks order was taken in the meantime, General lack of attention to detail. Last night.. no napkins provided; no-one asked how my meal was (it was fine); no-one asked if I needed anything else (ketchup would have been nice..!).. again, a general lack of attention to detail.
See the other reviews.. At BEST, this hotel is average..

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. I aprpeciate you have highlighted areas that we need to review and retrainin our team in the bar with. I will make sure that your feedback is forwarded to them. I would like to apologise to you for the delay and inconvenience caused in the bar. I am happy that you found the rooms and other facilities otherwise acceptable and to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kindest regards
Winnersh, null, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Booked a room in 2 months in advancea as having our Christmas dinner/dance there on the day rang to check if everything was ok to find out that room had been cancelled. Eventually they found us a room and upgraded it but no real apology. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable, location was great for getting to London easily. All the staff were polite and helpful when we were there. Even with all that said I would go there again

Room Tip: View Rooms face the docks and you can see across London, room at back face DLR, no really quiet room...
Dear Ms Sarah T

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologise to you for the delay at your check in. I will share this with the team at the front desk. I appreciate that despite this you found the hotel and services pleasant and that you are planning to return.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I chose this hotel due to it's pool (which was quite nice). The one thing that drove me ***NUTS*** was every day when I went up the slow lifts to my room the keycard failed to work. Every single day I had to trapse back to reception to get my card fixed. Some times it took two attempts to fix it. The staff seemed to be under the impression that this was a natural occurance due to me being crazy enough to either go to the excel centre or a shopping centre with standard security systems! Funny that because Excel is the largest event hall nearby and the shopping centre is attached to the nearest large office district. None of the other hotels in my regular trips to London caused this inconvenience. The staff on reception rarely apologised for the problem (it was my fault after all!) Having a key/keycard is a really basic concept that a large hotel chain needs to get right and looking back at the previous guests with the same problem and the frankly weak excuses repeatedly being given make me think that the hotel is not bothered about inconveniencing it's customers and getting a problem fixed. Not what I'd expect from Crowne Plaza and unfortunately puts me off staying in any other crowne plaza's. The hotels shuttle bus taking you for free into canary wharf was quick and convenient.
I stayed here a while ago on Business for a week, mainly visiting canary wharf.

Room Tip: Make sure you take a crow bar to get into your room when the keycard fails (every day).
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Reviewer

I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience with our key card and more so that it was handled inefficiently by the team I would like to sincerely apologise to you on behalf of them. I would like to thank you for the review as it highlights the areas that we need to seriously concentrate on. Having said that I have discussed the issue with our team and also without saying I will be reconducting a training with each one of them. I am very sorry that on this occasion we werent able to provide our promise of a seamless guest experience but I would like to reassure you that we will try in all way possible to improve in the areas mentioned. I would therefore like to request you to give us another opportunity for us to prove ourselves.

Purton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

From the time we arrived (early) the staff could not do enough. Mohammad the Manager arranged for our room to be available early and took us through for breakfast. We were welcomed with a huge smile, and attentive staff.
Our room was spotless and the party in the evening was great.
Special thanks to Kelly on reception who was really helpful and capped off a great star.

Would highly recommend

Room Tip: Go for the river view - just adds to the experience.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mr Tony L

Thank you for a lovely comment. I am pleased that you had a great time here I will let housekeeping know about your good comments and no need to mention I have already shown your great review to Kelly too. She is truly a great asset. I hope to see you again soon.

M Masihuddin

Been to Crowne Plaza London - Docklands? Share your experiences!