“pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza London - Docklands

You added Crowne Plaza London - Docklands to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza London - Docklands
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Western Gateway | Royal Victoria Dock, London E16 1AL, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #288 of 1,064 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Riga, Latvia
“pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed in that hotel last year. We liked the room especially it was with the beautifull view to the river on the high floor. The staff was really kind and helpfull. I ordered dinner into the room, the service was fast but i was disappointed with the food which was overcooked so i didnt even eat it :(
The next day we visited bar, i liked the atmosphere there and beatifull design.
I was really happy with our stay in Crowne Plaza Docklands and will visit it again :)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
DGMLondonDocklands, Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear reviewer

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you found your room good and also liked the view. I regret that the room service dinner didn’t meet your expectations. Please remain assured that we have forwarded this feedback to our kitchen team. Having said that we look forward to seeing you again.

Kindest regards
Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Currently staying at this hotel. My experience.. the hotel room is perfectly functional, clean and meets the needs of a business visitor. I'm only giving it an average rating because of my experience in the bar. I've had dinner there for the last two nights. On the first night, I was served the wrong food - the person I was with had finished their meal by the time my correct meal was given to me.. I had to ask for the table to be cleared, despite the fact that a drinks order was taken in the meantime, General lack of attention to detail. Last night.. no napkins provided; no-one asked how my meal was (it was fine); no-one asked if I needed anything else (ketchup would have been nice..!).. again, a general lack of attention to detail.
See the other reviews.. At BEST, this hotel is average..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review. I aprpeciate you have highlighted areas that we need to review and retrainin our team in the bar with. I will make sure that your feedback is forwarded to them. I would like to apologise to you for the delay and inconvenience caused in the bar. I am happy that you found the rooms and other facilities otherwise acceptable and to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Kindest regards
Winnersh, null, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Booked a room in 2 months in advancea as having our Christmas dinner/dance there on the day rang to check if everything was ok to find out that room had been cancelled. Eventually they found us a room and upgraded it but no real apology. The room was lovely, clean and comfortable, location was great for getting to London easily. All the staff were polite and helpful when we were there. Even with all that said I would go there again

Room Tip: View Rooms face the docks and you can see across London, room at back face DLR, no really quiet room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ms Sarah T

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologise to you for the delay at your check in. I will share this with the team at the front desk. I appreciate that despite this you found the hotel and services pleasant and that you are planning to return.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I chose this hotel due to it's pool (which was quite nice). The one thing that drove me ***NUTS*** was every day when I went up the slow lifts to my room the keycard failed to work. Every single day I had to trapse back to reception to get my card fixed. Some times it took two attempts to fix it. The staff seemed to be under the impression that this was a natural occurance due to me being crazy enough to either go to the excel centre or a shopping centre with standard security systems! Funny that because Excel is the largest event hall nearby and the shopping centre is attached to the nearest large office district. None of the other hotels in my regular trips to London caused this inconvenience. The staff on reception rarely apologised for the problem (it was my fault after all!) Having a key/keycard is a really basic concept that a large hotel chain needs to get right and looking back at the previous guests with the same problem and the frankly weak excuses repeatedly being given make me think that the hotel is not bothered about inconveniencing it's customers and getting a problem fixed. Not what I'd expect from Crowne Plaza and unfortunately puts me off staying in any other crowne plaza's. The hotels shuttle bus taking you for free into canary wharf was quick and convenient.
I stayed here a while ago on Business for a week, mainly visiting canary wharf.

Room Tip: Make sure you take a crow bar to get into your room when the keycard fails (every day).
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
DGMLondonDocklands, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza London - Docklands, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Dear Reviewer

I am very sorry to hear about your poor experience with our key card and more so that it was handled inefficiently by the team I would like to sincerely apologise to you on behalf of them. I would like to thank you for the review as it highlights the areas that we need to seriously concentrate on. Having said that I have discussed the issue with our team and also without saying I will be reconducting a training with each one of them. I am very sorry that on this occasion we werent able to provide our promise of a seamless guest experience but I would like to reassure you that we will try in all way possible to improve in the areas mentioned. I would therefore like to request you to give us another opportunity for us to prove ourselves.

Purton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

From the time we arrived (early) the staff could not do enough. Mohammad the Manager arranged for our room to be available early and took us through for breakfast. We were welcomed with a huge smile, and attentive staff.
Our room was spotless and the party in the evening was great.
Special thanks to Kelly on reception who was really helpful and capped off a great star.

Would highly recommend

Room Tip: Go for the river view - just adds to the experience.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mr Tony L

Thank you for a lovely comment. I am pleased that you had a great time here I will let housekeeping know about your good comments and no need to mention I have already shown your great review to Kelly too. She is truly a great asset. I hope to see you again soon.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Usually I write reviews when the service from a hotel/restaurant is so bad that I feel I must warn others, but I was over the moon from service I got from Crowne plaza yesterday. I booked for the night before my CFA exam, and on arrival the beautiful receptionist asked me if I had an exam and I said I did so she offered to upgrade my room from a normal room to an executive king room because the room I originally booked was on the second floor but the executive room was on the top floor so I would be sure to have a proper sleep and wake up fresh for the exam!! and then I was going to book breakfast but she told me that the hotel was offering 50% off breakfast. Bonus! I also used the steam room and sauna to chill a bit. Then in the morning breakfast was 5 stars and then on check out the receptionist asked if I would like the hotel to store my bag while I'm at the exam! Unbelievable service from a hotel that actually cares about its customers. I won't be surprised if the hotel rang me next month to ask about my results! :) Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay. I am very happy that you had a good comfortable night and more so because you were offered a quiter room during your stay. I am also glad that even with a tight schedule you took time out to use our faciltities and also were satisfied with them. I have shared your review with the team and no need to mention they are overwhelmed with your comments.
I sincerely hope that your this exam and all future endeavours are successful.
Look forward to welcoming you again.
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love staying here when on business in London, it's the best choice there is. Once you are in the rooms, it is a haven of peace and tranquility.

The beds are so comfortable, and the sleep sprays you get allow you to start the day right! Special thanks go out to Ashraf on the front desk for the special welcome, care and attention given right from the moment I walk through the door!

The pool and gym are good (although I don't use them often enough!) and the breakfast is of good quality. Also, the free shuttles to Canary Wharf in the mornings and evenings are perfect.

Well done for keeping such a great hotel!

Adam

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr Adam

Thank you for you wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that we were able to deliver our promise of a comfortable and relaxing night and to your liking. I will ensure that I pass this message to our housekeeping team. I have also noted your mention of my team colleague Ashraf who is truly an asset to the front office team. Equally glad that you liked the leisure faciltities and breakfast.
Once again thank you for your comments and i look forward to welcoming you again.

M Masihuddin

Been to Crowne Plaza London - Docklands? Share your experiences!