“New,4 star standard, small room, untrained staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Jade

You added The Jade to your Saves list
The Jade
3.0 of 5 Inn   |   52 Hogarth Road | Kensington, London SW5 0PU, England (Formerly Green Court Hotel) (Earls Court)   |
Ranked #110 of 535 London B&B and Inns
“New,4 star standard, small room, untrained staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Room is very nice (although very small), the new renovation is up to 4 star hotel standard. But reno was done at cheap low quality, the hotel need to maintain it timely to make sure the same level of comfort.
Very good location. Very good housekeeping.

A lady at the front desk is clearly new and untrained. Not helpful with check out. The worst is when she was on duty one night, a fire alarm was triggered! It was the fault of some customer, but it was managed without a single clu of fire safety knowledge and customer service. Imagine if it was
a real fire hazard! Thank god it wasn't.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

my husband and i spent a total of 6 nights at The Jade Hotel , between the 23rd May and 2nd June this year. We took short trips out of London twice and returned back to The Jade after our trips. During these short trips we left behind one suitcase at the hotel, in order to travel light. since we travel frequently we know that this is common practice for travellers. All was in order the first time round. However when we returned from our trip to Edinburgh on the evening of 2nd june we found our suitcase had been broken into. Not wanting to create panic without being sure of our loss, we did not report to the management immediately. we turned out all our things and meticulously went through them in order to ascertain what we had lost. next morning we reported to Mr. Khan at the reception. we could not make a police complaint as we were flying back to our country in the afternoon.
While the hotel is very comfortable( which is why we stayed there repeatedly) , and the staff pleasant and helpful, we did not receive any communication from them regarding action taken on our complaint.This, inspite of sending them an email and calling the from India (when i was told that the owner had been informed.)
we lost money (a lot of it in different currencies) some clothes and other small items that we had shopped for in London
It has been almost a month and we have heard nothing.
So we would like to advise travellers that while they can expect a comfortable and pleasant stay
should they wish to leave luggage behind do so at your own risk
i am dissappointed because i thought that we would have at least received a reply to our email'
we havent
so far

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

If you are anything like us, young couple, with only a few days to spend in London, this is your place.
Less than 5 minutes walk from Earl's Court Tube Station (direct access from Heathrow, no getting on and off trains plus the station also has lifts!). Rooms are small -not London small, but still quite small- clean and recently renovated.
No breakfast included but a Starbucks, a Costa plus a wonderful french brasserie, are within walking distance from the hotel.
The stuff is very helpful and helped a lot when we had trouble connecting to the WiFi.
This is definitely a value for money option, for a short stay in London.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Was in London for a week in early june and stayed in The Jade after weeks of reading reviews from fellow tripadvisor users.

Stayed for 8 days at the hotel while sightseeing London. Like all other hotels in London, the size is always small, so, it doesn't bother my wife and me though we have no space to even walk after placing our 2 medium size luggages on the floor.

The room was spotless and maybe due to recently being renovated, all are clean and spiffy!! Nothing like going back to a clean room after a looong day out sightseeing london.

The location, which is just arnd 100m away from the Earls courts underground stn was a blessing. Shops and restaurant are abundance and just a syone throw away. So, indeed The Jade is convinient for a traveller like my wife and I.

Being a traveller. We rely on internet to plan our itineraries and this is one area that the Jade really really need to improve on. The wifi was hopeless and undetected within the room thus on many occasions,I have to open my door so that i can detect the wireless network. To make it worse,the rooms are side by side and the door closes rather loud even when you control the movement as such,i think i may have annoyed the other occupants when i was opening and closing the door so many times in an attempt to hook up to the wifi. Maybe a system to control the movement of the door will work wonder!

The front desk is only so so...dont talk too much other than just check you in. A particular lady just mend the desk and provide no useful recommendation on anything at all even when asked. Its as if she just move to london and didnt know the place!

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The room we had was a standard double, it was very clean and the bed was comfortable but the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. It was no where big enough for two people.

The bath was clean but the toilet seat had come off its hinges and not been repaired and the bathroom was so cramped my boyfriend could barely stand up to wee!

The location is great. Just a few hundred yards to the tube station.

Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The Jade for two nights in May, although I didn't get much use of the hotel as I would have liked as I was working overnight, but what I did get was fantastic.

I'm a student on an internship in London, and needed a budget hotel in a short space of time, and I found the hotel through laterooms. It is a 2 minute walk from Earls Court Tube Station.

The hotel has recently been refurbished, and some work is still ongoing but I never noticed or heard any work occurring during my stay.

I had a superior single, which was perfect. I had a double sized bed, a large tv, small working desk, and a wardrobe that also doubled as a small kitchen space, and an ensuite.
The room is immaculate and very modern. Equipped with air conditioning and a small kitchen hidden in the wardrobe with a few hangers and hair dryer, which had a small sink, fridge, kettle and microwave. There was also sufficient cutlery and plates, bowls and cups z I was also supplied with amenities for hot drinks which I didn't use and I also had two bottles of water in the fridge when I arrived.

The bathroom is on the small side, but perfect for what I needed. Slightly larger shower, I think the drain in my room was starting to block but not a problem to me. Toilet and sink, with three towels, and small bottles of shampoo and shower gel, etc, which was a nice extra I wasn't expecting.

I was working overnight and didn't get back to the hotel until 5am, and there was always someone on reception. I did have a little bit of trouble with my electronic key card, which often happens going on the tube through the scanners but was no trouble - someone from reception came up with me to check it worked which was brilliant.

Other people reviewing the hotel did mention the tube noise, as the hotel sits right on top of the tube line. Had I been going to bed at a reasonable time I wouldn't have noticed it, but by the time I got in I could slightly hear it. It's more of a rumble, a bit like thunder, and slightly worse through the day when the tubes are going more frequently. But other than that it wasn't disturbing through the night.

Room service did knock around half 10 but I was still in so they didn't come back - but my room was immaculate anyway.

Although there was no breakfast option, there is plenty around the hotel, particularly near the tube.

I will be definitely using the hotel again, not just for the price but for the comfort on a budget!

• Stayed May 2013
Worldwide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

As a female business traveller there are a number of attributes essential to me in terms of accommodation when working away from home. These include a safe and easily accessible location, cleanliness, comfort and of course first class customer service. Regardless of price these are the mere essentials expected by any establishment classing itself as a 3* plus hotel. I am pleased to say that this hotel definitely offers all of this and a little bit more. Additionally, you will find free wi-fi and I did notice that my room was reasonably quiet considering that I was fairly close to reception, offering me exactly what I needed.
The room itself was not on the large side and I was staying in a double. However, the interiors are modern and houses a good LCD TV, a mini kitchen and a great power shower. Also it is worth baring in mind that there are not any catering facilities on site, however the immediate area offers and excellent range of dining options from fast food to quirky restaurants- I found an outstanding Japanese- “Kappa”- well worth a visit.

All in all probably not a hotel I would choose for a romantic get away, but if you want a warm welcome and a good nights sleep then this hotel offers an excellent and affordable stay in London- perfect for business.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Jade? Share your experiences!